Search Unity

License inquiry

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by wh3resmycar, Mar 17, 2017.

1. wh3resmycar

wh3resmycar

Hi all. I am working for a BIG IT Company but i'm not part of its development team. I am tasked to develop an Android game and Unity came into mind. Now the game will be used in the organization. I am not a professional developer by any means. And this could be a 1 time only project. The criterias for Licenses would make me fall under the enterprise category although i will not be using Unity for the whole time. Essentially the game will just be a simple text game and i find Unity handling Scenes better than any other engine out there. So if I were to develop the game to be used by the whole company just for 1 week, will the Personal license apply there? Or what License should I use? I need to know this to avoid Compliance Penalties. The game can actually be done in MS Excel and a laptop to be honest (albeit with no animations).

Thanks.

2. LaneFox

LaneFox

If the company makes more than 100k then you need to buy a development license (seat) for anyone developing the app. There are no runtime licenses.

3. SarfaraazAlladin

SarfaraazAlladin

I would send a message to Unity to be honest... They might not care if you're making a one-off game for internal use that doesn't generate any revenue.