Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Layer Mask Dropdown is Unusable

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Cygon4, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Cygon4

Cygon4

I find myself unable to set up layer masks in the inspector because it is not showing what layers are currently selected:

layer-mask-dropdown.png

I think on Windows, there are little check marks next to the selected items.

This may be due to unicode problems: I have nodes in my project tree that have unicode symbols in their names which are also not showing on Linux.

My desktop environment uses the Noto Sans font which should include the necessary characters and symbols (assuming the GTK2 context menus use the default font).

2. Tak

Tak

This is a known issue with the gtk menus - we're currently not marking any of them as checkable, due to silly implementation details.

3. Cygon4

Cygon4

I would be happy to have a least something, even if it's just a star or plus sign in front of selected lines if there's an issue with checkboxes :)

4. Tak

Tak

The issue isn't actually rendering the checkboxes (gtk has a checkable menu item widget built in), it's that gtk handles them differently than windows or mac, and we haven't worked through unifying the behavior yet.

5. Cygon4

Cygon4

Okay thanks for the explanation :)

It just looked like someone already went through the effort to toggle the layer bits when an entry in the context menu is clicked - even without checkboxes. 'would have been cool if that included a simple marker in front of selected layers.

6. lassade

lassade

@Tak Any updates with this issue?

7. lassade

lassade

Solved in 2017.3! :)