Search Unity

L-Systems for Unity (free script included)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by chanfort, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Usually the leafs are not needles separated, it's a texture that contains some needles in the image so it give you that effect but this way is awesome.

2. chanfort

chanfort

Got this one by accident today...
    3.png
    Script inspector menu also getting some more user-friendly input parameters.

red2blue and Kirbyrawr like this.
  3. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

It's getting better and better i love it ^^, keep it up!
    I was thinking, for the texture maybe i can do for you a shader for scale it based on the object, so it will fit everytime mmhh i don't know.

4. chanfort

chanfort

Nice to hear. It would be nice to work at some point with shaders, but I guess the most beauty with them will come when Unity 5 lighting system will go live. I got idea now to put leafs on batching (copying prefabs) - they are all the same planes, so they should be bathed quite well. If it would work well, we may see even better resolution trees soon.

Another think is to generate several just several trees as presets and copy them to various locations with various rotations - this would create larger forests with good bathing.

I am very curious what we will see next :)

5. judah4

judah4

Wow, you are doing a great job with this

6. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

look's really cool! Keep it up!

7. EBR

EBR

wow looks amazing

8. chanfort

chanfort

L-Systems should hit Asset Store in upcoming days. It took me more time to finish with inspector than to create original core component for L-Systems. However, Inspector should get better in future updates.

On the other hand I approached another important goal - trees are now compatible with 3dSprites. Look at uRTS forum thread to see more recent details, pictures and demo about that.

9. chanfort

chanfort

10. nasos_333

nasos_333

Very nice.

Is there a way to tell the poly and draw call counts vs some of the standard Unity trees ? Is the paid version more optimized in that regard ?

11. chanfort

chanfort

well, polycount is still not very well covered question, as trees are still very heavy. But if you planning to use just one or two trees, they should be working. I am looking to optimise polycount, but it may take some time.

P.S. Lets move discussion into new forum, and keep this one for free script

12. nasos_333

nasos_333

Ok thanks.