Search Unity

Kudan Augmented Reality + Unity 3D

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by HowardKudan, Nov 12, 2015.

1. ModeLolito

ModeLolito

Hi , here the trailer of my AR app ML AllinAR made with Kudan SDK and Unity.
    Don't hesitate to give your opinion on this video or on my app.

And if you have any question on Kudan or AR or on my app don't hesitate to ask me :
    my twitter : @ModeLolito
    my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MLallinar/

2. eco_bach

eco_bach

3. eco_bach

eco_bach

Anyone have a clue how this e-Golf experience was created? Using Kudan or?

4. ModeLolito

ModeLolito

Hi, it's maybe because you have not the good bundle id.
    You use 1.4 for sdk?

5. rizentataynieugene

rizentataynieugene

Hi, I got into a problem where the app starts in markerless mode, and it DISPLAY the 3d models BUT i have BLACK background. and i think the camera is working because when i move my hand the 3d model is following it.
    Maybe because I updated the sdk?
    Im using 1.4.1 on 5.5.1f1 64bit

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  6. RiverOmega

RiverOmega

Hello! I'm developing some AR stuff for Android using Unity, but whenever I'm tracking markers the performance gets really bad and as a result of app_rate being so low the tracking is affected. I'm using a Nexus 6P which is a pretty powerful phone so why is this happening? (I'm currently using the KudanBundle prefab)

7. ModeLolito

ModeLolito

Hi, currently I work on AR app using Kudan sdk 1.3 . So you can maybe test it to see if the bad quality is the same on my app compared your own with your Nexus 6P or if it's just a bad configuration in your quality settings for example.
    To download it: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.ModeLolito.ML_AllinAR&hl=fr
    My app in action:

Also I am curious by AR stuff , so is it possible to know more on your AR project by pm for instance?
    my twitter : @ModeLolito
    my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MLallinar/

8. Nedja

Nedja

Greetings.
    We have bug when switching from marker to markerless tracking on Android.
    Rotation not updating after switching from marker to markerless. (Position work i add log in OnTrackingUpdate to confirm.)

I see that this problem already exists in the past but it is not same this time for me, because when i do this change manual over GUI it's work, and not work when change over script just after marker detected.

Here is my demo project in attachment. You can see in script KudanController how i doing this. In scene Test.unity.
    Just start it and look at marker (https://howtofoldandotherstuff.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/tarmac.jpg) they will switch to markerless when it is detected.
    This project work fine on iOS.

I also have some crash when change tracking method. It crash if i doing change in one function so i split change method process in two step that is done in Update but it is not big problem just mention that to understand script.

I try everything to get this working just like it work when manually change but have no results.
    I reproduce this on all android devices where i try: Samsung Tab S2(6.0.1), HTC One(5.0.2) and Huawei G620S(4.4.4).

DEMO:
    -method KudanController.SwitchToMarkerless() called from TrackingMethodMarker.FoundMarkerEvent
    -i override MarkerlessTransformDriver to add OnDisable method where i call event OnLost (to call KudanController.SwitchToMarker())

PROJECT: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B61sz7IvDsU7QldaRHpYVjBiR1E

9. Nuitari

Nuitari

Hi, has anyone tried using the Kudan Unity SDK with Unity 4? I have a big legacy project that won't be upgraded to Unity 5 any time soon, and I want to integrate markerless tracking.

Tried importing the Kudan unitypackage into an empty Unity 4.6.7 project, it crashes on import. I narrowed the problem down to three components, when I remove them it doesn't crash any more:
    - Target.mat
    - Kudan Bundle - With UI.prefab
    - Target.prefab
    But that doesn't mean it will work since the rest of the code is also written for Unity 5.

Is there a version of Kudan that works with Unity 4? Any other ideas how I could proceed? It's for a Unity project that will run on iOS.

10. andersemil

andersemil

@rizentataynieugene Did you manage to get the background working? I have the same problem with 1.5.1 on Unity 2017.2.0f3

11. magnetica

magnetica

same problem here.. the Unity sample in android shows only a black screen.
    did you solve the problem?

thanks

12. MolangRabbit

MolangRabbit

I was also in similar situation. With Kudan SDK, I simply imported a modeled character and built, but nothing appeared except the character.

When I disabled 'Multithreaded Rendering' option in Other settings of Player Settings, the character was there with the camera background.

I don't know whether the process is the right answer, but it is valuable to try it just for seconds.

13. dienat

dienat

Tried the KundanSample scene with 2017.3 but doesnt work for Android, i click Marker button but nothing happens and i should be seeing something with the camera but just see black background and that button for markers does nothing and the markerless option just shows a texture floating in black background

Tried with Unity 5.6.2 and i can see the camera working instead a black background but the makers still dont work, when i look at the lego image i printed nothing happens

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  14. YCE2010

YCE2010

Hi
    Is Kudan able to work with video from ip camera? OR Is Kudan able to recognise a marker in an image, not video? I need create a AR application to get a video from a ip camera. I´m thinking on get the video and send to Kudan frame by frame to analize. Any idea?
    Thanks you in advanced