Search Unity

Kudan Augmented Reality + Unity 3D

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by HowardKudan, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Kolovrat

Kolovrat

Hi DisturbedNeo, thanks for your answers!

2) Bug appears on Android, as soon as I disable Debug GUI or even comment OnGUI function

2. ModeLolito

ModeLolito

Hi,
    Kolovrat, thanks to this webpage:
    https://wiki.kudan.eu/Markerless_Tracking ,
    you can lock an object using a markerless tracking.
    You can see my video made with Unity and Kudan to illustrate it:

I have also a question, is it normal that I can't use markerless tracking in editor play mode whereas the marker mode works?

3. DisturbedNeo

DisturbedNeo

Hi,

Kolovrat - That's really interesting. I've tried looking into it, but I've been able to disable the GUI and suffer no such performance hits. Can you tell me exactly which device you are using? When it worked for me, I was testing on a Google Nexus 9 tablet and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.

ModeLolito - That looks great, nice video! To answer your question, the reason markerless tracking is not supported in the editor is because it uses data from a Gyroscope to determine the orientation of the device and calculate the relative position and orientation of the floor. Mobile iOS and Android devices all naturally come with accelerometers and gyroscopes, whereas most desktops and USB webcams do not.

4. kamelb

kamelb

I have downloaded Kudan Version 1.2.1-Stable and ran the KusanSample in the samples folder in unity 5.3.4f1(64bit).But i am getting an error which is given below..

DllNotFoundException: Assets/KudanAR/Plugins/x86_64/KudanPlugin.dll

I had searched whether the particular dll stated is in the corresponding directory or not , but it is there.

Please help me to clear with this issue.

5. kamelb

kamelb

i followed the markerless https://wiki.kudan.eu/Markerless_Tracking tutorial but when i run it to webcam it has a black screen says that the tracker is not running and also NullReferenceException : object reference not set to an instance of an object

6. kamelb

kamelb

have downloaded Kudan Version 1.2.1-Stable and ran the KusanSample in the samples folder in unity 5.3.4f1(64bit).But i am getting an error which is given below..

DllNotFoundException: Assets/KudanAR/Plugins/x86_64/KudanPlugin.dll can you help us

7. DisturbedNeo

DisturbedNeo

Kamel,

You have already raised two posts on our support channels about this issue, one of which has been replied to. Please try the suggested fix and get back to us if it does not solve the problem.

8. DisturbedNeo

DisturbedNeo

Hi Roamer,

I think your best bet is probably just to stop the camera from rotating with the headset. If you're using Kudan, the live camera feed should still move and rotate according to the rotation of the device which, if you're using GoogleVR, will be the rotation of the strapped in phone. The only issue you might run into is if the app is set to auto-rotate, turning your head a bit too much in either direction may cause the screen to reorientate itself. I would suggest setting the screen to lock to landscape left if it isn't already.

Hope this helps.

9. travis-cossairt-uo

travis-cossairt-uo

I'm having trouble getting a simple model to show up on my custom marker despite it showing its recognized and tracking it. I'm using the provided KudanSample scene, and simply duplicated the Marker object to my own called MyMarker and copied the same sphere sample to it. I've updated the MyMarker driver to point to my id which matches exactly whats in the Kudan AR Toolkit app, and when it comes in focus to the camera, I see rectangle info box showing its recognized. However, I do not see the sphere that I copied from the original marker, just the text box. I've tried various scales and yet it never shows. I've also tried other models. Any ideas?

10. DisturbedNeo

DisturbedNeo

Travis,

So you've copied the DemoMarker asset, renamed it "MyMarker" and changed the ID in the Marker Driver? Have you changed the MyMarker asset with Browse for KARMarker Asset so that the data it contains and its ID are the same as what the Marker Driver expects? If anything doesn't match up, the model won't be displayed.

You'd probably be better off creating a new marker from scratch rather than copying the Demo Marker.

Roamer,

https://www.reddit.com/r/GoogleCard...ease_test_my_markerless_positional_tracking/?
    I didn't realise what you were trying to do before. That link will take you to a Reddit thread in which somebody has achieved exactly the same thing your are trying to accomplish. Take a look at their app and see what they did.

11. travis-cossairt-uo

travis-cossairt-uo

I was really just seeing how easy it would be to use my own custom marker to show the same model as the demo (and then try my own model). Eventually I discovered the camera was clipping it out, as my custom marker must be scaled way out of proportion compared to what is used for the lego marker (despite being the same resolution?). Interestingly, I even used the tool and the same lego image in the sample and I had the same problem. It would be great if Kudan would show the marker image in editor in proper scale relative to the model -- same as Vuforia. That would make scaling and placing the model appropriately much easier and useful as our use case depends heavily on proper scale/position in the final augmented rendering.

12. ModeLolito

ModeLolito

Hy can we track two game objects with two markerless in same time.
    Currently i can track one then the second but not both .Here a picture which show it.

13. DisturbedNeo

DisturbedNeo

Travis,

We do have that kind of feature. On the Marker Driver, there is an option for Plane Drawing. Checking the Always Draw Marker Plane, making sure that the Plane Width and Height are the same as that of the Marker (This will be shown in the toolkit when you make the marker), will show an outline that represents the size of the marker in the scene.

ModeLolito,

In order to track two objects at the same time using Markerless tracking, the easiest way is to simply make both models children of the same markerless driver.

14. ModeLolito

ModeLolito

hy ,
    I succeed to track two objects in same time.
    Below the video which show it.

DisturbedNeo,
    But if I can't use my webcam in the play editor, I must inevitably test the app on my phone? there isn't other method to save time?

15. DisturbedNeo

DisturbedNeo

Hi,

Great to see it working. But yes, if you are using Markerless tracking, then due to the current technical limitations of our ArbiTrack solution, you will need to test the app on your phone. We are working on a new form of Markerless tracking that should release later this year, but until then Markerless tracking will not work in the Unity Editor.

Luke

16. terricone

terricone

Hi.
    I have Unity 3.5.6f1 and last Kudan AR plugin and i see the black screen and Tracking not Running on my Android 4.2 Asus ME173. All compiled without errors. Who knows what are problem with camera texture or what is it? Help me, people!

17. garhodes

garhodes

I am creating an application with Kudan where a photograph (a 2D sprite) appears via markerless tracking. Based on the sample project I've successfully made adjustments so that the 2D plane is always perpendicular to the camera and placed on the screen in the position I want. Really wonderful!

But I am unable to figure out how to restart/reset the tracking via a script. I can always force the tracking to restart by blocking the camera or shaking the phone, but I want to do it via a button-- it is exactly the same behavior I've found described in the "ArbiTrack Basics" guide for Android and iOS, but am unable to reproduce it in Unity. To what script should I send a stop tracking command in order to get the tracking instance to restart (exactly the same effect as blocking the camera when running one of the sample Unity projects in Markerless Mode).

The situation is described here for Android coding: https://wiki.kudan.eu/ArbiTrack_Basics#Stopping_ArbiTrack

// Stop ArbiTrack
    arbiTrack.stop();

// Display target node
    arbiTrack.getTargetNode().setVisible(true);

//Change enum and label to reflect ArbiTrack state
    arbitrack_state = ARBITRACK_STATE.ARBI_PLACEMENT;

18. kamelb

kamelb

Hello , can we create a geo location based AR with kudan sdk?

19. kamelb

kamelb

Kudan sdk is really the best , i wish i like to do a location based AR with

20. garhodes

garhodes

/////
    I have found one way to do this-- though I'm not sure it's ideal.

Looking in the TrackingMethodMarkerless.cs script, it seems that the StopTracking() does not work-- it disables the updating of the tracking but doesn't actually disable the instance of detection. But taking a note from it, I added an if statement to the ProcessFrame() function:

//

if (disableMarkerless == false)

trackable.isDetected = _kudanTracker.ArbiTrackIsTracking ();

else

trackable.isDetected = false;

//

Now, changing the disableMarkerless bool operator disables the tracking.

21. ModeLolito

ModeLolito

M
    Maybe you haven't put the good Api key

22. raiden_nguyen

raiden_nguyen

Hi, i have a question.

Can i track 2 objects seperately with makerless?

For example, when i click button 1, the first object will show up and if i click button 1 again the object will disappear. Same go for the second object.

23. ModeLolito

ModeLolito

Hi, yes you can, like in this video I had made.

You will need to use markerless.setActive(false) in kudan scripts

24. raiden_nguyen

raiden_nguyen

I run into another problem.

I have 2 objects, a car and a tree, in my scenes, each is a child of a makerless driver, i click the first button to show the car and then click it again to hide it and when i click the second button instead of show just the tree, it show both the car and the tree.

Here are my code (it the same for show tree button):
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public void ShowCar()
    2. {
    3.             if (!carObj.activeSelf) // if the makerless driver hold the car object not active
    4.             {
    5.                 carObj.SetActive(true);
    7.                 Vector3 floorPosition;          // The current position in 3D space of the floor
    8.                 Quaternion floorOrientation;    // The current orientation of the floor in 3D space, relative to the device
    10.                 _kudanTracker.FloorPlaceGetPose(out floorPosition, out floorOrientation);   // Gets the position and orientation of the floor and assigns the referenced Vector3 and Quaternion those values
    11.                 _kudanTracker.ArbiTrackStart(floorPosition, floorOrientation);
    12.                 _markerlessTracking._disableMakerless = false;
    13.             }
    14.             else // if it active then hide the object
    15.             {
    16.                 carObj.SetActive(false);
    17.                 _markerlessTracking._disableMakerless = true;
    18.             }
    19. }
    Edit:
    I solve it, just have to call Unregister() in MarkerlessDriver script.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  25. ModeLolito

ModeLolito

I'm enjoy for you, and if you have other questions or just share your work, you can speak to me on my twitter account @ModeLolito

26. sametoruc

sametoruc

Hi, i have an issue. When i'm on android platform, i can use the editor play mode in Unity. I have editor api key but when i switch to ios, it says invalid editor api key. What should i do?

27. ModeLolito

ModeLolito

I don't understand , you don't need android or ios platform if you use editor play mode.
    For android or ios you need API licence key.

28. passerbycmc

passerbycmc

So i just downloaded it today, and have been able to build and test the sample project, and had it working perfectly on android for marker and markerless usage, but when trying to build for iOS i get the issue of.
    Function that differ only in their return type cannot be overloaded.
    which is happing on this line of code.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. extern void DEFAULT_CALL GetDetectedTrackable(int32_t, char*, int32_t, int32_t*, int32_t*, float*, float*);
    i am also getting a "User of undeclared identifier ''GetDetectedTrackable" error as well on this like
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     GetDetectedTrackable(___index0, ____name1_marshaled, ___nameSize2, ____width3_marshaled, ____height4_marshaled, ____pos5_marshaled, ____ori6_marshaled);
    would anyone have some insight on how to resolve these issues.

29. DisturbedNeo

DisturbedNeo

Hello everyone,

Some Android devices running older versions of the OS can run into problems with the tracker. We recommend using as up-to-date a version of Android as you can.

In order to make an app using GPS, you need to set up location services in Unity, get the positional data, convert that into meaningful coordinates and use that as the position when you start ArbiTrack.

Using Play Mode in the editor requires an editor key. Running an app on a device requires a separate Key that depends on the bundle ID you are using.

We are aware of the issues, especially regarding iOS builds, in Unity 5.4 and are working to release a new version of the plugin that fixes them. Subscribe to the newsletter to get the latest updates and be notified when the new version is released.

Luke

30. pourjava

pourjava

Hi DisturbedNeo,

I'm trying to get the Kudan AR Unity package working in an iOS build. When I try to run the project from XCode I get the following errors (mentioned by a couple other users):

"Functions that differ only in their return type cannot be overloaded"
    "Use of undeclared identifier 'GetDetectedTrackable'"

It seems to me the problem is the naming convention in the plugin itself. I tried deleting 'extern "C"' as you suggested earlier in the thread, with no luck (it causes a Linker error). Is there a fix for this issue?

I'm using Unity 5.4 and XCode 7.3.

Thanks!

31. Draconifore

Draconifore

For current plugin version just use Unity 5.3.6 - it works without these errors. For new versions of Unity they plan to push new plugin version in the future.

https://unity3d.com/ru/get-unity/download/archive

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  32. DisturbedNeo

DisturbedNeo

Hello everyone,

Just letting you all know that version 1.3 of the Unity plugin has been released. The updates include:
    • Added Marker Recovery Mode to all supported platforms
    • Android library now uses the latest version of libpng to ensure Google Play continues to accept uploads
    • Fixes issue where downloading JPEG images from a web url would not load them in a project running on iOS
    • Fixed issue with Unity 5.4 exporting Xcode projects that would not compile
    • Fixed incorrect projection matrix when scene is loaded from another scene in portrait orientation
    As you can see, we have fixed the issue regarding the duplicate GetDetectedTrackable in Unity's generated Xcode projects. You can now build for iOS in Unity 5.4. We hope you enjoy the latest version of the plugin.

Luke

33. SteveYin

SteveYin

Hi DisturbedNero,
    I have a problem switching from maker to markerless in unity, I'm using these codes in unity
    Code (csharp):
    2. var parent = target.GetComponentInParent<Transform> ();
    3.  position = parent.position;
    4.  rotation = parent.rotation;
    6.  Tracker.ChangeTrackingMethod (markerlessMethod);
    8.  target.transform.SetParent (MarkerlessDriver.transform);
    9.  target.transform.localPosition = Vector3.zero;
    10.  target.transform.localRotation = Quaternion.identity;
    11.  Tracker.ArbiTrackStart (position, rotation);
    then the result seems not right, the model moves a little up and the model looks like rotated 90 degress around Y axis,

What is the correct way to convert from maker based tracking to markerless tracking in unity3d?

34. ipahlevi04

ipahlevi04

I made with unity 5.3.5f1 and kudan new version
    but when i compile then the message "DllNotFoundException: Kudan Plugin"
    kud.jpg
    anyone can help?

35. DisturbedNeo

DisturbedNeo

Hello,

SteveYin, you are correctly switching, but because we alter our projection matrix to account for the orientation of the device, you will also have to alter the rotation of your objects.

ipahlevi04, This is likely because you are using the 32-bit version of Unity. Kudan only supports the 64-bit version of Unity on Windows. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Luke

36. shintegu

shintegu

Hi,

I am working on a markerless project which can still track the object even when you turn the camera 180 degree (when you turn back, the object is still there). But i am kind of stuck for a while. Could anyone provide or suggest me a way to solve this. I would be very appreciated.

Quan.

37. Jokevin_1102

Jokevin_1102

Hi,
    I am still new at using kudan plugin, so i start running the samples scene(angelscene) first. When I start it, it comes to an error like this

Capture.JPG

Failed to load 'Assets/KudanAR/Plugins/x86_64/KudanPlugin.dll' with error 'The specified module could not be found.
    '.

when i see the support channels, it says that it must get x64 unity editor to support the plugin. So I install it. And after that, i still got the same error. Anyone can help?

38. fafase

fafase

Try to look at the very first error. When a method triggers an exception, it skips everything coming after in that method. If it skips more initialization thenyou get huge amount of different exception. Get the first one and try and fix it. Then see what comes up next.

39. DisturbedNeo

DisturbedNeo

Hello,

Markerless tracking relies on feature points in the environment for tracking. It initialises on these points, but doesn't create new ones, so once these points are out of view, tracking will be lost. For this reason, I think you would be best off creating your own solution using data from the gyroscope to position your model in your scene relative to the camera.

The DllNotFoundException should only occur when using 32-bit Unity, as the Unity plugin only supports 64-bit. If your operating system and Unity version are both 64-bit, then you will need to check the folder it is looking in for the .dll, then, assuming the .dll is there, check it in the inspector to make sure the box for 64-bit Windows is checked so that Unity knows this particular file should be used with the Windows platform. If that does not solve your issue, you may have to remove and re-add the plugin, or possibly create an entirely new project. The fact that the project was initially created in 32-bit Unity could be causing other problems.

Luke

40. woo_Ose

woo_Ose

watch this, it might help you

41. woo_Ose

woo_Ose

Just like Roamer,
    I want to integrating Kudan AR with Google Cardboard SDK, markerless tracking is running it's just my cameras are upside down and i cannot rotate the camera.

Actually it has original Kudan camera behind GVR stereo camera but i manage to hide it by set the X axis of viewport rect to 0.9999 so it's only show black screen as background. I disable stereo controller (script) from GVR to show real time scene,

Attached Files:

42. kpprt

kpprt

Hello Luke,

First of all thank you for this great Plugin! The performance is awesome and the tracking is very reliable in nearly all angles!

However we are experiencing some problems with the Unity Plugin as well and I hope to find some answers here.

The biggest issue is some slight constant offset between the real world marker and the virtual one. When we place a simple quad or plane as virtual object attached to the Marker Driver it seems to be constantly offset to the bottom right of the device, no matter how the device is turned or at which angle you are holding it. (see attached images, taken on an LG G4, tested on multiple Android and iOS devices)

Screenshot_2016-12-13-12-11-48.png Screenshot_2016-12-13-12-12-11.png Screenshot_2016-12-13-12-12-50.png Screenshot_2016-12-13-12-13-13.png

Also in the OSX Editor the camera texture is always stretched to a 2:1 or 1:2 texture instead of the cameras aspect ratio. This causes distortions on the camera image, but it does not seem to affect the tracking itself, so this is just a cosmetical issue. However it makes it harder to test the tracking in the Editor because the image does not correspond to the tracking output.

We can provide test scenes for you as well if you would like to test it on your own.

Thank you very much in advance!
    Chris

43. kpprt

kpprt

I also wrote the same questions to the support and received an answer blazingly fast:

Hello,

The offset you describe is possibly that the object is too low in the y-axis. You'll have to alter both the local position of the object and its scale to make it look just right.

The camera distortion is something we're working on. In your particular case, it is because of the particular aspect ratio you have selected in the editor whilst set to the Android platform in the build settings. If you change the aspect ratio setting in the editor, or change the platform to the standalone player, the camera should correctly fill the screen.

Luke

44. Segeyvn

Segeyvn

Hello! Where can find markertool.exe or download. Is there any way to generate karmarker programmatically(API)?

45. dagon

dagon

Hello,i 'm trying with Kudan Version 1.4 :
    open sample scene
    get bundle id and API key from https://wiki.kudan.eu/Development_License_Keys :
    For the API License Key that has come out with v1.4, you can use following bundle / key

Bundle ID License Key
    eu.kudan.ar lwoY4cyKEI+suoK+VyK2RtCjSMnzQRcsJmgAP8Uwt5MIJvxKCrE8rwLTCRxKQeuMMG9yG61W5J/53GpU0FdrDSNI6DDYoMWTQYcjvZ9kRWL2qW8782mk8Wem6T8orsVN977Ft+6biQIoTLWE4ZKJgd0BKjqwwkX17RYgjp1NCTTFnxhYzzmbA16ocun1Ks88bLjN2ONVlOwTrPBET+cFFTieoAx1HlPhT0G32k5qCDDhb/OkVYWHPtBxLfHW1HmRJLpC1Q7GIKVgHH+WAekrMDm6Sf7r+CrVxKsmTPmONojOvWo59y1EqwYOjntUOVtnptHpMNlM9MSC9gA9hl7A90lXRhVqoxGVJDPrNjFOYzCVhzECKZ7WupYjBvfHLq7LRSiT1dXVqMCU496QlF2pXlmVaICOMV0MtfkEQqstQBXvkFEAJVVbLr8eUQZZbXAYw5Rd3syT2zPYNIDpxJn2+vyIXFHR2AD1B7cUZxuYOJfbUSODUdkhUWB/MpFtYG8o677/ReB+vDmngFlvz16hR0gOdauHzX0nhl8l0N3MjhjKF4dxqIrqmc0W2g2fSDHga7frddX2JRgOgJEsmJYldNe7FXMjUNsUdCuMEEf9YVwpDoyqQYZzNNseZOBtIPS+1eHhtlmTg7egvIIU9XQPrz7b/zxEVuw7ObTv8PmmxyI=

but i'm have an error "[KudanAR] Your Native API Key is INVALID for Bundle ID: eu.kudan.ar"
    Capture.PNG

46. ModeLolito

ModeLolito

Hi try the others bundle ID with their keys
    eu.kudan.kudansamples GAWAE-FBVCC-XA8ST-GQVZV-93PQB-X7SBD-P6V4W-6RS9C-CQRLH-78YEU-385XP-T6MCG-2CNWB-YK8SR-8UUQ

47. DisturbedNeo

DisturbedNeo

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback christian, it's greatly appreciated.

Segeyvn, we don't currently offer the ability to generate a KARMarker at runtime. If we can provide such a feature in a future release, we will do so.

Dagon, sorry about that, the license key expired on 01/01/2017. We have generated a new key for this year, which can be found on the same Development License Keys page as before.

ModeLolito, unfortunately, we only provide one key for the new licensing format introduce in version 1.4 at present, so the other keys will not work. They can still be used with version 1.3.1 or below, however.

Luke

48. jon_reid

jon_reid

Hello!

I'm trying to get marker to markerless tracking working, but I am having issues getting the two to line up after they make the switch.

I've got it working so that when a marker is found, it switches to the markless tracking, and I've read your post earlier that explains that we will need to change the rotation to compensate for the gyroscope changes, but, do you have an example of that working?

I'm also wondering if its possible to reposition the object when ever it sees the marker, so that if you are in markerless and come back to the marker, it will re calibrate itself using the marker. As far as I can see from the code its either in one tracking mode or the other, so is there a way to check to see if a marker has been found while in markerless tracking, and if there is, switch back to marker tracking?

Thanks.

Jon.

49. ModeLolito

ModeLolito

Hi, after few months of work , I am proud to introduce the first production version of my android AR app ML AllinAR.
    This app has been created with Kudan SDK 1.3 and Unity.
    Thanks this app you could interact with 4 models whose a car and pose them in your environment everywhere thanks arbitrack functions of kudan.
    But I hope soon users could add their own 3d model.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.ModeLolito.ML_AllinAR&hl=fr

And if you have any question on Kudan or AR or on my app don't hesitate to ask me :
    my twitter : @ModeLolito
    my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MLallinar/

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  50. Chicki

Chicki

Hi everyone, im totally new in unity and AR
    i just make project AR markerless using kudan where the object have latitude and longitude, it was successfully bulilded..
    here i want to ask, how to add more object where each object have latitude and longitude ? so the object will show while near by my location, and the others objects far from me will be not show...
    my project would be look like in the picture, so i need to make that direction as a 3d model..

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017