Search Unity

Kudan Augmented Reality + Unity 3D

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by HowardKudan, Nov 12, 2015.

1. HowardKudan

HowardKudan

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  2. Cascho01

Cascho01

Cool - thanks!
    I have problems with the MarkerTool.exe for Windows.
    Any documentation about how to use it?

3. Cascho01

Cascho01

A little mistake in your command:
    Do I need an "example.KARMarker" file?
    Isn´t there any Kudan AR Toolkit available for Windows?

"Marker Creation
    Select the Marker Converter tab within the Kudan AR Toolkit.
    Click on New and select where you would like to place your project file that will contain the marker data.
    You can now add images to your project by either using the provided buttons or simply dragging an image in from Finder.
    Once you have added your markers simply press the Export to create your .KARMarker file.
    The project files are fully compatible with a DVCS such as Git."

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  4. ikazrima

ikazrima

Cool :D
    Just bought OpenCV for this feature and now here you are giving it for free. :)

5. arkhament

arkhament

Hi @HowardKudan, great SDK!.. I have some questions..
    1) Work with video.. I mean show a video when you scan the marker
    2) Work with youtube streaming? I mean show a video from youtube when you scan the marker
    3) have windows phone support?
    4) have osx, windows, linux support?

Regards,

6. tnaseem

tnaseem

Wow! Looks great!

I was just tinkering with ARToolkit, and only found your SDK after doing a search on how to generate shadows on surfaces :) Looks like I'll be usig yours for the demo I'm working on!

One problem... I just tried to do an iOS build for the demo scene included in the package (KudanSample), and I'm getting this error:

KudanSample_unity_-_Ambiguous_-_iPhone__iPod_Touch_and_iPad.png

SystemException: Duplicate native method found : GetDetectedTrackable. Please check your source carefully.
    UnityEditor.MonoAOTRegistration.ExtractNativeMethodsFromTypes (ICollection`1 types, System.Collections.ArrayList res) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/MonoInternalCallGenerator.cs:27)
    UnityEditor.MonoAOTRegistration.BuildNativeMethodList (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyDefinition[] assemblies) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/MonoInternalCallGenerator.cs:49)
    UnityEditor.MonoAOTRegistration.WriteCPlusPlusFileForStaticAOTModuleRegistration (BuildTarget buildTarget, System.String file, CrossCompileOptions crossCompileOptions, Boolean advancedLic, System.String targetDevice, Boolean stripping, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.AssemblyReferenceChecker checker) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/MonoInternalCallGenerator.cs:87)
    UnityEditor.iOS.PostProcessiPhonePlayer.PostProcess (UnityEditor.iOS.iOSBuildPostprocessor pp, BuildTarget target, System.String stagingAreaData, System.String stagingArea, System.String stagingAreaDataManaged, System.String playerPackage, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry)
    UnityEditor.iOS.iOSBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (BuildPostProcessArgs args)
    UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, Int32 width, Int32 height, System.String downloadWebplayerUrl, System.String manualDownloadWebplayerUrl, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:316)

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Taz

7. tnaseem

tnaseem

Just followed your Youtube tutorial to set up my own test scene. Same error, as above, when building to iOS. Using Unity Pro 5.2.2 with Android Pro and iOS Pro on OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)

PS. Your video just seems to cut off at the end dropping back to your logo. Is this intended? Seems unfinished.

One thing to note also - The 'Kudan AR Toolkit' app crashes when you attempt to edit / copy the image dimensions. Happens every time.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  8. tnaseem

tnaseem

Apologies. Forget my previous messages :) I did a complete clean and created a new project from scratch which fixed those errors I was getting. Still not sure what was causing it before, but I suspect there was something still lurking somewhere in the project after I removed ARToolkit.

I've done a test build and it's tracking great. I'm impressed with the tracking actually. Much better than ARToolkit which would choke if you obscured the marker, even slightly.

A few things, if I may:
    1. Kudan AR Toolkit crashes, when attempting to edit the name or size of the marker. Error log attached.
    2. Will we be able to test within the Unity editor, rather than doing builds each time to test on the device?
    3. Any info on how to do tracking like in the Ford Mustage demo (using the floor plane as a marker)?
    4. Would be interested to know how to get a shadow plane working. I've enabled the BackgroundRender object to receive shadows, which doesn't work.
    5. What's the best practice for scale? I have an trackable image which is 400x400, and the scene treats this as units, so I jave to scale up any objects a huge amount before I can see them in view. Would be better if we could use 'real world' scale (1 unit to 1m).
    Thanks in advance for any advice and pointers...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  9. tnaseem

tnaseem

Getting this error when generating a trackable from within the inspector:

InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    System.Collections.Stack.Peek () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections/Stack.cs:321)
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.EndLayoutGroup ()
    UnityEngine.GUILayout.EndVertical ()
    UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.EndVertical () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:6589)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor editor, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean forceDirty, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect, Boolean eyeDropperDirty) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1224)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditors (UnityEditor.Editor[] editors) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1015)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.OnGUI () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:349)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

Any help appreciated.

10. tnaseem

tnaseem

Lots of messages from me. Looks like I'm the only one here :)

Prior to that exception I was getting (above), I did manage to generate a marker set, but it's only generating one out of the two that I added.

Below is what I was exporting:

Kudan_AR_Toolkit.png

After setting everything up in the test app, the diagnostics window is showing 'Loaded: 1', and it only recognises the 'ninja' marker. I presume 'Marker Size' in the ARCamera should still be set to 1, pointing to the created Asset?

Attached are the relevant generated data files in a zip file.

Be grateful for any help with this.

Cheers,
    Tarique

Attached Files:

11. tnaseem

tnaseem

Great. Thanks for getting back to me!

I might be doing something wrong, but can't see where. So any pointers welcome! I did open up the generated asset file and it does appear that it only contains one marker.

Also, now that I try to generate a trackable from within unity I get that exception, as mentoined above, and it's only generating the initial header info in the 'CharacterMarker' asset file; not the data.

I'll try again in the morning (on NZ time here...). But if you spot something, lt me know!

12. kaushik9845

kaushik9845

Hi,

1)Does Kudan support 3d objects edge detection
    2)Does Kudan support 2d textureless image detection say cpu or a lift.
    3)How to place my augmented 3d objects on the specific points of the marker like usb port, valves etc

13. mimminito

mimminito

Can we use the camera texture deform in the Unity SDK? Like in your paper plane demo...

14. kaushik9845

kaushik9845

Is there any video or document for improving the detection of poor markers

My marker jitters. What can I do?
    Firstly you should attempt to improve the quality of your marker. If this isn't an option, then you can try adjusting the tracker parameters for the marker. In the case of failing to detect you can reduce the detection threshold. For unstable tracking you can adjust the number of features tracked as well as pose filtering.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  15. tnaseem

tnaseem

Things seem to have gone strangely quiet...

16. mimminito

mimminito

They dont appear to reply on Twitter either. Poor support for a company releasing a new SDK...

17. tnaseem

tnaseem

They've even used part of one of my messages above in a quote on Twitter, saying how great it is, despite the list of issues underneath I mentioned :) Talk about cherry picking quotes! :) I don't mind, but at least offer some support.

I also noticed from their profile here, they've been logging on to these forums most days, latest being yesterday at 11am. No messages, other than how great their system is :)

I've replied to them on Twitter too about people waiting for answers, but no reply there either. Seem to prefer marketing than supporting. It's a shame, as it looks really good. But people in this position should remember that they're only as good as the support they offer; doesn't matter how great their system is.

In the meantime, I have switched to using Vuforia, due to the time critical issues in getting a demo done for a client. To be honest, for what I need, that works very well too, as good as Kudan.

I'm sorry if this is overly critical, @HowardKudan. But leaving people hanging is never a good thing.

mimminito likes this.
  18. mimminito

mimminito

We are using Vuforia right now, but the Kudan stuff looks very interesting. If it evolves and appears to actually have a support system in place then we may look into using this for potential projects.

19. Cll3m

Cll3m

I have this error when i build my app for android :
    Capture.PNG
    Do you have any idea for this problem ?
    Thanks

20. RyjekPL

RyjekPL

Hey,
    This is caused by difference between Kudan plugin min android API level and Unity player settings. Check in temp folder for manifest xml files and then set in Unity exactly same API lvl.

21. dharms

dharms

Hello Howard,

I'm also having the 'GetDetectedTrackable' issue tnaseem listed above. I'm working on retrofitting a well developed app that was using 13th Labs Pointcloud at an earlier time, so a clean rebuild will not be possible. All visible Pointcloud related files have been wiped from the project. Is there any work around to this? I cannot build as is.

22. dharms

dharms

-UPDATE-

After a bunch of debugging, I realized the duplicate 'GetDetectedTrackable' error above was fixed by simply:

Player Settings >> Other Settings >> Configuration >> Scripting Backend >> Switching 'Mono2x' to 'IL2CPP'.
    I should've recognized this earlier as that was one of the biggest changes pertaining to us with the introduction to Unity 5. Anyone else retrofitting a Unity 4 project should fix their building issue with this simple fix...

I will update this as I continue to try to get a solid build to my iPad.

Talking with Howard in the past, I know that they're very busy on Unity plugin developments coming up soon. But I very much hope that they will dedicate proper support to the plug-in. There would be no reason to do all of this fantastic grueling work without offering the follow-up & support necessary to allow us developers to actually utilize the tool properly. Please let me (and the rest of us) stick with you!

David

23. dharms

dharms

Apologies for the repeated bumps, but new problems have arisen, and I've been trying to solve them for a few hours without success (boy would it be great to be able to test Kudan in the Unity editor ;) )

I'm now able to build and the Kudan debugger GUI shows that it is recognizing my marker. However, it won't display any objects once the marker is tracked.

- I have my parent object with the exact transform as shown in the sample scene, and I'm testing with a simple cube as a child to the parent with the Kudan 'Transform Driver' script (also with same transform as the sample scene - location/rotation/scale). The child cube (object I'm trying to display) is also set to static - btw is this necessary? I hope not, as my goal is to be able to drag objects out of a library to display once the marker is recognized and the plane is set. All of this is already configured.. maybe this is a question for later.

- Once I build to my iPad through XCode, the marker is tracked but nothing is displayed.

Any help would be immensely appreciated. Howard - if you offer paid Skype support for this, let me know and I will update this with solutions for other users so they can resolve the problems themselves.

I look forward to hearing from you,

David

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  24. AtomicChimp

AtomicChimp

@dharms, I may be able to assist here as I have been playing with this in the last couple of days and was experiencing the same exact problem. Here is what I did to resolve my issues. Perhaps this might help you as well.

1) When you set up your trackable data, be sure that in the Notes area, you put the name of the image that you use for your marker. In the DemoMarker, the image is "lego.jpg" so you would put "lego" in this Notes area. The Id can be whatever name you want to assign to it, but the name in the Notes appears to be specific to the image file. This one helps get your marker recognized.

2) In the Kudan Camera in your scene, you must add your specific marker to the Markers. You will add the trackable data that you created, or use the one from the demo scene (DemoMarker). This one connects the recognized marker to what you set up in the scene, so your 3D objects or video or whatever will show up.

That's it. Once I figured out those 2 things, my build worked. Now, if someone can help me to lock my 3D objects to my marker, I will be golden. Right now, the stationary 3D objects that I have turn on are not locked to the marker. If I use a book as my marker, my objects are not staying on the book as I move my iPhone around. That is a problem. Ideas?

25. dharms

dharms

Hey AtomicChimp,

Thanks for the reply! I had tried what you mentioned previously without success with a new marker, but I did go ahead and try just using the DemoMarker instead, and it worked. The really odd part is, even if I remove the word 'lego' from the 'Notes' field for the marker and there's absolutely no reference to the id "lego", it still works when I make that the Expected ID on the marker. The DemoMarker ID is 'demoMarker'. Where does lego get referenced and work? Might be why it isn't working for me on new markers I create...

Edit: Still having issues with object staying in place like AtomicChimp mentioned. Actually the Star Wars Fast SLAM app you've released seems to suffer from the same issue of sliding left and right when the device is moved.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  26. lukas-zimmerli

lukas-zimmerli

Hey there,
    The sample project that comes with the Unity3D-Plugin crashes immediately when launched on my Android device.
    Here's the corresponding message:

12-15 16:22:27.130: E/Unity(22201): [KudanAR] Graphics vendor: ARM
    12-15 16:22:27.130: E/Unity(22201):
    12-15 16:22:27.130: E/Unity(22201): (Filename: ./artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)
    12-15 16:22:27.130: E/Unity(22201): [KudanAR] Graphics version: OpenGL ES 3.1
    12-15 16:22:27.130: E/Unity(22201):
    12-15 16:22:27.130: E/Unity(22201): (Filename: ./artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)
    12-15 16:22:27.240: A/libc(22201): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1, fault addr 0x0 in tid 22201 (.UnityEditor5.x)
    12-15 16:22:27.800: E/JavaBinder(3306): !!! FAILED BINDER TRANSACTION !!!

Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Lukas

27. dharms

dharms

Well, it seems like you've stopped helping in the thread and I've sent 3-4 emails without a response. Kudan looks very promising but it won't get far if you have developers that cannot use your product properly... I'll give it a final shot before we're forced to switch to Vuforia or another sdk.

1. The issue with scaling can be a big one for some - since you currently have to scale up objects immensely to display properly with the Kudan tracker, it causes a huge problem for us, as we have 100+ objects a user can display and they're based on a real world scale (as mentioned by tnaseem above - 1 unit = 1m) with animations based off of that scale.
    2. Objects do tend to "float" once tracked - moving the device around shows the object is not properly locked in place. It appears that issue exists in the Star Wars 'Fast SLAM' app demo as well to some degree. Any idea what causes that?
    3. Are there limitations put on the displayed gameobject that keep us from being able to assign dragging scripts to them so a user can drag them around a space once displayed on the marker? I get my debug log's showing the touch event is firing, but the object will not move.
    4. I can't seem to instantiate gameobjects onto the marker once it's being tracked - once I drag and drop an object into the transform driver bounds, it flashes the gameobject as if it worked, then it'll completely disappear. So far I can only get objects that are already children of the transform driver to display properly. Any ideas here?
    5. Building in the Unity Editor would be immensely helpful. I'm creating 10's of builds & taking a lot of time testing these capabilities not even sure if they're possible in the current SDK as we're not getting support here.

28. faridjan

faridjan

Dear @HowardKudan
    First of All Thanks and appreciate provided us the Unity plugin for great and robust the Kudan AR Tech
    I Have a problem to runnig unity sample Demo for android in win7
    in Editor I get the following error that shows the tracker not running

tested in unity 5.1.1 and 5.3.1

Exception: JNI: Init'd AndroidJavaClass with null ptr!
    UnityEngine.AndroidJavaClass..ctor (IntPtr jclass) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/AndroidJavaImpl.cs:556)
    UnityEngine.AndroidJavaObject.get_JavaLangClass () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/AndroidJavaImpl.cs:534)
    UnityEngine.AndroidJavaObject.FindClass (System.String name) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/AndroidJavaImpl.cs:525)
    UnityEngine.AndroidJavaClass._AndroidJavaClass (System.String className) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/AndroidJavaImpl.cs:545)
    UnityEngine.AndroidJavaClass..ctor (System.String className) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/AndroidJavaBindings.gen.cs:94)
    Kudan.AR.TrackerAndroid.InitPlugin () (at Assets/KudanAR/Scripts/Classes/TrackerAndroid.cs:40)
    Kudan.AR.KudanTracker.Start () (at Assets/KudanAR/Scripts/Components/KudanTracker.cs:84)

Also I have packaged .apk but it getting force close after showing the unity splash screen in android devices
    it shows the KudanAR.class can not instance due to following code in TrackerAndroid's InitPlugin

if (m_ActivityContext == null)
    {
    AndroidJavaClass activityClass = new AndroidJavaClass("com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer");
    if (activityClass != null)
    {
    m_ActivityContext = activityClass.GetStatic<AndroidJavaObject>("currentActivity");

AndroidJavaClass kudanArClass = new AndroidJavaClass("eu.kudan.androidar.KudanAR");
    if(kudanArClass != null )
    {
    m_KudanAR_Instance = kudanArClass.CallStatic<AndroidJavaObject>( "getInstance" );

if( m_KudanAR_Instance != null )
    {
    // Initialise java bits (camera, openGL render to target bits, etc)
    // Does the initialisation of the Kudan library as well
    bInited = m_KudanAR_Instance.Call<bool>( "Initialise", m_ActivityContext );
    }
    }
    }
    }

return bInited;

Any Idea?
    BR

Attached Files:

29. lukas-zimmerli

lukas-zimmerli

I still experience the same issues even with the latest Unity3D SDK.. Compiled App directly crashes on start (using the Sample scene provided with the SDK - Android). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

foltri and xiaomaza like this.
  30. lukas-zimmerli

lukas-zimmerli

Thanks for the fast reply.
    I'm using Unity3D 5.3 with API Level set to Android 4.1 on OSX. Phone: Huawei Mate S, Android: 5.1.1
    Btw: The crash also occurs if compiled for iOS.

31. lukas-zimmerli

lukas-zimmerli

Yes, I imported it into a new project.

32. proset

proset

I build the sample scene ( Unity version 5.2.3f on windows 7 , Android API Level 4.1, Samsung S3 Android 4.3 )
    and after the splashscreen the menu buttons appear but nothing happens.

Following message appears on the screen:

tracker not running

xiaomaza likes this.
  33. Satari

Satari

Hi there,

i'm having the same problem as proset.
    So as you told him about the Mail i checked my account and i didn't get an e-Mail with "Important Information about Kudan Unity SDK". Is it possible that you can send me that e-mail again?

I also tried to build the sample Scene within the Unity Plugin and to run it on my Acer Iconia Tab 10 with Android 4.4.2 but after the unity logo screen the app closed itself. The KudanSamples.apk from the kudan websites are running on my device.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

34. gringofxs

gringofxs

Please when i build for Iphone in Unity, the KudanSample, then open in Xcode and publish for iphone, this error appears, how can i fix it?

What can i do to fix this?

35. xiaomaza

xiaomaza

Hi,One problem... Error.png

unity3d5.3(32bit)+win8.1

36. ahsyarif

ahsyarif

hello, i am also have problem with kudan unity sdk that imported to new project. i am using the first license key on https://wiki.kudan.eu/Development_License_Keys that build on android (my device is ASUS Zenfone C) on API level 15 Android 4.0.3 and app crashed. and also it has tracker not running.

please fix this..

37. SeaScout

SeaScout

Has anyone managed to get shadows working with the Kudan Camera?

With a directional light I can see cast shadows in the editor viewport, but they are clipped when I build for iOS.

38. mimminito

mimminito

@DisturbedNeo Hey. Thanks for responding to the thread, I'm sure you have helped a lot of people.

I have a couple of questions about Kudan as a company. How many employees do you have? And the developers working on this product, do you have many of them? Im a little wary of using your SDK, purely down to lack of support. When I emailed you guys before, I was told unless I paid I would not get any support. Simple questions like "is this feature coming" or "are all of these features cross platform" were met with a response indicating I had to buy a license to answer those questions.

Your team seems to have made a superb product. Its fast, tracks well and the feature set is great. Its a shame that not all features are available across all devices, I'm not sure why thats the case, but I think your site needs to be updated to reflect this. I would hope that your support team will be more available from now on, considering Vuforia can be used for free and we get great support from them free of charge, I would hope that your team can offer the same level of comfort that if we choose your SDK, we can get the help we need.

Im interested in where your taking this product as well. Right now it feels more like a tech demo that your selling to help further development.

Not trying to sound negative, just want to get my views across to help you understand why we have not chosen you for our applications yet.

tnaseem likes this.
  39. DisturbedNeo

DisturbedNeo

Apologies for the sudden deletion of my post. I realised I hadn’t properly proofread it and wanted to fix it first. But now it is back and hopefully I will be available to answer any more of your questions.

There are a lot of unanswered questions, but I will do my best to help as many of you as I can.

1) Toolkit - There is a Windows version of the Kudan AR Toolkit available from the Kudan website at https://www.kudan.eu/download/.

2) Videos - The KudanAR plugin works as happily with videos as Unity does. Since Unity doesn't support MovieTextures on iOS and Android, you'll have to use "Handheld.PlayFullScreenMovie".

3) YouTube videos - Neither Unity nor Kudan supports using a YouTube player natively, but if you utilised a YouTube player plugin off the asset store, then maybe it would play nicely with our plugin. I don't know how they work, but if they use MovieTextures, then as above, it should work. That's something you could experiment with.

4) Windows Phone - Currently the Unity plugin only supports iOS and Android. Windows Phone would be possible, but it is not high on the agenda.

5) Play Mode support within Unity is coming in the next version of the KudanAR plugin.

6) Bugs - This seems to be one of the questions that was answered, but that answer has since been deleted. Hopefully your issue has been solved.

7) 3D object edge detection - This is something future versions of the Kudan plugin will help address.

8) 2D Textureless image detection - I'm not quite sure I understand the question. However if you’re asking about what kind of features a marker needs to have in order for it to be detecable, we have an article about what makes a good marker at: https://wiki.kudan.eu/What_Makes_a_Good_Marker?

9) Specific placement - Within Unity, in order to make objects appear when a marker is detected, you place them as children of the "marker driver" objects. So to change where it appears on the marker, all you have to do is change the object's transform as a child, so it appears in a different position in relation to its parent object, which in this case is the marker itself.

10) Camera Texture Deform - Altering the camera texture directly in the Unity Plugin isn’t possible, but you can place an animated object on a marker the texture of which can then be taken from the camera feed. It appears that this functionality is a bit buggy at the moment, but it will be fixed.

11) Unable to merge the manifests - That error occurs because the minimum API Level in the Android Settings needs to be 15 and not Unity's default of 9. Just change the setting in Unity. Edit -> Project Settings -> Player -> Android Other Settings.

12) Augmentation not appearing - It may likely be that the marker has poor features for detection, please see https://wiki.kudan.eu/What_Makes_a_Good_Marker?.

13) Marker IDs - The Notes and Image sections on the marker are completely optional and do not affect the code in any way. They simply exist as a way for you to keep track of what your marker looks like and the different IDs you need to use, as well as things like the image dimensions. As for why lego works on the demoMarker even though the IDs don’t match or doesn’t exist: this shouldn’t be happening and will be removed in the next version.

14) Crash on start (Android) - This can happen when the License Key doesn't match up with your Bundle Identifier properly.

https://wiki.kudan.eu/Development_License_Keys

In Unity, Edit -> Project Settings -> Player, there is a setting called "Bundle ID". Set it to one of the IDs on that list there and then, in the Kudan Camera object, there is another variable called "API Key". That's where you put the corresponding license key. If everything is correct, the app should start.

15). Object scaling - What you could do is write a script to scale the objects up at runtime, so that they are bigger while being projected and smaller when not.

16) No drag - The event fires, the object does in fact move, but then the tracker updates and it moves back again, so on the screen it looks like it isn't moving. Currently there is no support to move an object at runtime, but as a future feature that we could include, that does sound good.

17) Instantiate - That's how the drivers work, the object needs to be a child of the marker object. When you instantiate it, you'll have to also make it a child of the marker object in the script. I believe this is achieved by using "transform.parent".

18) The tracker isn't running in the editor because it currently doesn’t support play mode. Also, if it's currently set to the Android platform, it won't work properly in the editor anyway, you'd have to switch it back to standalone. As for the crash on startup, see answer to number 14, it's down to the license key not matching the Bundle ID.

19) Problems with XCode - this seems like it’s a Unity export issue. We’ve seen this reported before and in that instance the user resolved their own issue by simply deleting the line

“extern "C"

{void DEFAULT_CALL GetDetectedTrackable(int32_t, char*, int32_t, int32_t*, int32_t*, float*, float*);}”

20) Achieving shadows is something we are working on.

Stay tuned for some new documentation and tutorials on the Kudan website.

40. lonerkadaj

lonerkadaj

Hi,

I'm new to Kudan plugin in Unity. I can test the sample scene from kudan and it works fine on my ph.
    Now, I want to use it with multiple markers like this (
    ).
    I tried to put multiple markers in one KarMarker, but it seems it only detects one marker at a time.

41. DisturbedNeo

DisturbedNeo

Hello everyone,

Kudan is pleased to announce that the new version of the Unity Plugin, the 1.2 Beta, is now available for download on the Kudan Website here.

This new version includes much improved and long requested features such as:
    - The ability to test right from the editor using Play Mode.
    - Tracking multiple markers at the same time.
    - Improved tracking and better detection in darker environments
    - New samples and prefabs included to show what's possible and to get you started.

We hope you enjoy the latest version of the plugin.

Thanks,

Luke

42. layola

layola

hello, why can't I change the DefaultCameraWidth and DefaultCameraHeight? for performace?

and the default resolution 640 X480 is too low for current new phone or pad!

43. DisturbedNeo

DisturbedNeo

The default camera resolution was selected for performance and compatibility reasons across all iOS and Android devices. Many Android devices do not have a camera capable of taking high quality imagery. We are simply catering to as many different technologies as we can.

44. DisturbedNeo

DisturbedNeo

Hello all,

We have an updated version of the Plugin, now available for download at:
    https://www.kudan.eu/download/

Version 1.2 is now out of Beta! The stable release includes a few fixes, such as support for all orientations on both iOS and Android. Patch notes can be found on the website.

45. InsaneNinja

InsaneNinja

[KudanAR] Editor Play Mode Key is NOT Valid - Please Help
    I have an problem while building the sample scene "AngelScene " . I am using Unity5.3 on windows.
    I have copied the development license from https://wiki.kudan.eu/Development_License_Keys
    But still I am unable to run the scene
    Error:
    [KudanAR] Editor Play Mode Key is NOT Valid
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    Kudan.AR.KudanTracker:checkEditorLicenseKey() (at Assets/KudanAR/Scripts/Components/KudanTracker.cs:98)
    Kudan.AR.KudanTracker:Start() (at Assets/KudanAR/Scripts/Components/KudanTracker.cs:128)

46. DisturbedNeo

DisturbedNeo

Hi InsaneNinja,

Those license keys are specifically for running the app on iOS and Android and have no effect on Play Mode. See https://wiki.kudan.eu/Setting_up_Play_Mode
    for more information on setting up Play Mode in Version 1.2 of the Kudan Plugin. You will need to register an account on the Kudan website in order to claim your free editor key.

47. Priyanka Helios

Priyanka Helios

Hi DisturbedNeo,

I've downloaded Kudan Version 1.2.1 (23.2 MB) - Stable and build and run the demo on my android device. In markerless mode 3D object is displaying perfectly but its continously rotating slightly. For my app application, I need 3D object to appear stable ( No rotation ).

Please help me out.

Thanks

48. manojkiran

manojkiran

Hi DisturbedNeo,

I have downloaded Kudan Version 1.2.1-Stable and ran the KusanSample in the samples folder in unity 5.3.4f1(64bit).But i am getting an error which is given below..

DllNotFoundException: Assets/KudanAR/Plugins/x86_64/KudanPlugin.dll

I had searched whether the particular dll stated is in the corresponding directory or not , but it is there.

Please help me to clear with this issue.

49. Kolovrat

Kolovrat

Hi,
    for some time I'm using Kudan, searching for possibilites, functions etc. I have couple of problems which I cannot resolve:

1. I'm using Markerless method for displaying objects. How to make them locked on position? I would like to make object stable like in this video

2. When I disable Display Debug GUI (on Kudan Camera) my application becomes slow. For example, when I want to rotate object(transform.Rotate method on update) application is really slow, but as soon as I enable Debug GUI everything works perfect.
    3. Did anyone resolve the problem with scaling 3D models? What are the recommended practices for this?

50. DisturbedNeo

DisturbedNeo

Hello there,

Priyanka - I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Is the object rotating by itself, or is it rotating when you move the device?

Manojkiran - This sounds like an issue on Windows we need to look into, thanks for your feedback.

Kolovrat:
    1) We are working on a more powerful version of SLAM to be released at a future date.
    2) Was this on iOS, Android, or both? We will look into this.
    3) There are many different points during a model's development process that determine it's overall size on completion. Generally it is better to scale up an object within Unity, since any model that's imported or downloaded from the asset store will be a standard model.