Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Just bought Unity Plus, how do I claim the accelerator and essentials package?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ShineInDarkness, May 28, 2017.

1. Konrad_Ziaja

Konrad_Ziaja

6 working days after selecting pack, still nothing, seriously...

2. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

That sucks I got mine about 16 hours later. The Essential Packers live on!

My guess is they did a bunch of additions to the site / backend to roll out 2017 and on top of that the got bombarded with subscriptions I purchased Unity Plus on may 4th though I'm not sure if they are going by purchase date I am positive that you will get your codes this month. It is frustrating the way this happened but it's difficult to run a business and I'm sure they have a reason why things went down this way.

3. Konrad_Ziaja

Konrad_Ziaja

I totally know this as I run business myself, but at least they could make a post "guys, we've got loaded with subscriptions and distributing the keys will take longer than we anticipated". Instead I'm sitting here without any knowledge what's going on and spam on the forums and customer service:p A little transparency wouldn't hurt, and people would behave nicely rather than "UNITY WTF GIVE KEYS".

Morello05 and SirTwistedStorm like this.
  4. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

I completely agree.

5. Churd

Churd

I still haven't received the email to choose the Essentials Pack. :-\

6. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

Email
    support@unity3d.com

7. Racsoth

Racsoth

My suggestion for those who still haven't received their packs would be to both e-mail Unity at their support address and use the link that someone posted before to pick their pack even without having received the e-mail.

Propagant and SirTwistedStorm like this.
  8. Morello05

Morello05

I picked which pack I wanted and that was last Monday. LAST F***ING MONDAY!!! Seriously why am I giving Unity my money?

9. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

Because Unreal cost more in the long run.

10. tnaseem

tnaseem

I tried the link mentioned earlier (https://store.unity.com/offer/pick-a-pack), but it just told me I was not eligible for some reason. I was worried that I had updated my account email address and thought maybe that's why this link didn't work for me. So, I emailed them (I'm a Pro subscriber) and I got this reply:

End of the week came and went though, so I emailed again over the weekend and just received this response:
    So, they are working on sending out the emails. I get the impression they're pretty much overwhelmed and underestimated the work involved in organising all this.

I guess we just need to be patient.

SirTwistedStorm likes this.
  11. silviateona

silviateona

So, finally, after 60 days of waiting, I contacted customer support and got my vouchers. However, when I tried to redeem them, I got a message that they're invalid!!
    Anyone else have this problem?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  12. tnaseem

tnaseem

I came here to report the exact same thing! So, yep; Me too. :(

The first error I received was 'An error has occurred, please try again'. I try again, and this time it says 'The voucher code is invalid'.

I've sent support yet another email to find out what the issue is. So, will wait to hear back I guess!

And there I was, so damn happy that my codes arrived a day after I got the first email... The saga continues... :)

W4rf4c3 likes this.
  13. uni7y

uni7y

and here we go again! I still don't have the voucher codes anyway!!

14. Konrad_Ziaja

Konrad_Ziaja

Hey, just got my codes like 20 days after selecting the pack, but I had to contact support twice, so send them a ticket and stay strong!

15. aziz90

aziz90

Same thing as tnaseem . I'm extremely displeased with unity i was really excited to work and test out the packs ... Unity need to step up if they want people to Stick to the plus program ...

16. uni7y

uni7y

@aziz90 I'm glad I canceled my Plus account after 1 year! I hope you guys will have a better experience with unity than I did in the past year!!

17. aziz90

aziz90

I wish we do .. i really like the unity engine and its be growing alot lately but thier support is extremely slow and I Wish they fix stuff up so people can use plus more...

18. silviateona

silviateona

Ayeayeaye... Guess us unlucky few (or many:eek:) that now have to deal with invalid codes will just have to keep pestering customer support.
    Could be something to do with the vouchers expiring automatically 30 days after purchase, if not redeemed, nevermind that we didn't get them on time:rolleyes:
    Here we go again!:confused:

tnaseem likes this.
  19. garyconstable80

garyconstable80

I got my codes within an hour (yaaaaa) none of them work! It would be nice if customer support replied :(

20. Valkrysa_Herja

Valkrysa_Herja

Got my codes within 24 hours of subbing, but they're all invalid :/
    About 24 hours since I contacted customer support so we'll see how that goes.

21. W4rf4c3

W4rf4c3

Their voucher redeemer script is mess up. Fix it so we can redeem our code (that no longer works anyway after the first try)... Why not adding the package in our downloads instead of using the voucher??

22. aziz90

aziz90

Been waiting since Saturday morning .... nothing so far

23. uni7y

uni7y

24. garyconstable80

garyconstable80

Still waiting for a reply from customer support :(

tnaseem likes this.
  25. mgear

mgear

all the voucher codes give error occurred (500 Internal Server Error-in logs) on first try,
    then 'The voucher code is not valid' after that..

26. Valkrysa_Herja

Valkrysa_Herja

Pinged customer support again since it's been 4 days, hope they resolve this before the codes expire... (it says they expire after 30 days)

27. tnaseem

tnaseem

Try your voucher codes again, people! They appear to be working now.

Just redeemed my codes. Looks like whatever glitch was in the system has now been fixed.

You're welcome. :)

mgear likes this.
  28. Valkrysa_Herja

Valkrysa_Herja

Thanks for posting this! It worked~

tnaseem likes this.
  29. silviateona

silviateona

Was able to validate the Essentials pack as well. Yay!
    One last question, which I really should have enquired about before hitting subscribe, ahemo_O.... should one choose to unsubscribe from Unity Plus when the obligatory 12 months expire, does one still get to keep the Essential & Accelerator packs (with all future updates), or are they linked to the subscription?!

30. aziz90

aziz90

The codes they sent me are working!!!

Thanks unity!!

31. tnaseem

tnaseem

They're added to the same pile of bought assets, so are linked to your account. Pretty sure they're yours to keep regardless; although, you'll need to complete the subscription's terms (12 months)

Also, in their FAQ, they say that you're free to gift any unused vouchers to a friend, so definitely linked to the account that they're redeemed on and not your subscription:

"You may gift a voucher to a friend or co-worker before you redeem it. Once an asset voucher has been redeemed it cannot be re-used and you will be unable to transfer the assets to anyone."

Hope this helps...

silviateona likes this.
  32. silviateona

silviateona

Hi tnaseem, thanks for the info :)
    Yes, it makes sense that they would be ours to keep if we can even gift them. Good news!

33. silviateona

silviateona

For those who did not *immediately* redeem every single (long-awaited) voucher they got (anyone?!), you could try to trade one that's not so useful to you personally, with someone else's from another pack, seeing that they're not tied to one's account, but can be gifted... now I wish I hadn't been so trigger-happy myself, and had read the FAQ...:oops:

34. davidosullivan

davidosullivan

I found this thread after subscribing and trying to figure out where my free software was. Upon seeing that people had been waiting over a week for their voucher codes I flipped out, since I needed the software immediately, thats why I subscribed. Since support can also take a week to respond, I thought it best to get a 'pre-emtive' strike in to ask where my voucher codes were, so that hopefully someone would get onto in 3 days or so (I'm on a deadline see). By the time I'd done all that an email with my vouchers arrived!!

So for anyone else finding this thread wondering where your free software is, the slowness issue seems to be fixed, and an email will arrive about 45 mins after purchase containing voucher codes you can redeem in the store.

Also as noted above, DONT just redeem them all if you dont need them, cos you may be able to swap them with someone else (which you are allowed to do)

35. PC_Chufal

PC_Chufal

how can we buy assets listed with pro/plus benefits in side from unity editor?