Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Games Just Another Story - Strategy RPG inspired by Valkyria Chronicles

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by DiamondhengeStudios, Jul 20, 2017.

1. DiamondhengeStudios

DiamondhengeStudios

General:

Just Another Story will be a Strategy RPG, inspired by games like Valkyria Chronicles and Lost Dimension. With this game, I really want to push the limits on the type of game mechanics we can introduce to a strategy RPG with freeform movement.

Gameplay will put an emphasis on strategy. However, the player will also be encouraged to observe the environment around them. Objects on the battlefield can have special interactions that can be triggered with very specific character actions. It will be up to you, as the player, to notice these objects and make use of them in your strategy.

What I'm Looking For:
    Over the next few weeks, I'm going to be building a greyboxed version of a demo level. I'm going to use an iterative level design process, so I need people who are available to test each build of the game and regularly give feedback.

If you're interested in helping me test the greybox level, you can e-mail me at contact@diamondhenge.com with your contact information.

I'll be posting more updates on the game's progress on this thread as I complete more parts of the game.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    Rin-Dev likes this.
  2. Rin-Dev

Rin-Dev

Who does your art? I'm loving that title art

3. DiamondhengeStudios

DiamondhengeStudios

Rin-Dev likes this.
  4. Rin-Dev

Rin-Dev

That's honestly a very helpful link. I might have to contact him soon and see if he's available.
    Now about your game, I would love to help but I don't have the time to test levels. I am however gonna keep watch on this as it sounds like a lot of fun