Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Issues in migrating to 5.2

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Aurigan, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

Not that much time. They have really good tutorials. The additional network plugins take a few minutes, they only really require you to add things to an android manifest, iOS is automatic. Integrating the mediator plugin is exactly the same amount of work as setting up a single ad network like Unity Ads in Unity.

The portals take about 30 minutes to setup and sure a little longer if something goes wrong, but we're only talking a day of work at the most and the result is far better revenue from ads at no cost to your user experience.

2. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

The BuildProcess script above is just one way to disable auto initialization of ads. These days I actually recommend using menu items so that you can set these manually. The benefit of the script above is that it always ensures auto initialization is disabled.

Note: The enabled property determines if the built in Ads extension is loaded. Set AdvertisementSettings.enabled depending on whether you're using the built in extension vs the asset package. It doesn't have any control over whether the ads service is enabled. If you look in the Services window, you can have the Ads service enabled (recommended in either case), and then under the Advanced settings foldout you can see a checkbox for enabling the extension. That checkbox correlates to this enabled property.

To initialize Unity Ads manually within your own game code, simply call the Advertisement.Initialize method, passing in values for your game ID and whether test mode should be enabled. The rest of your code is the same regardless of whether you allow Unity to initialize Unity Ads, or if you do so manually via this method.

See for more details https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Advertisements.Advertisement.Initialize.html

Also see the Quick Start guide for showing ads https://unity3d.com/services/ads/quick-start-guide

jGate99 likes this.
  3. jGate99

jGate99

@unity-nikkolai
    Thank you for your detailed reply, shows great support :)

unity-nikkolai likes this.
  4. DBarlok

DBarlok

Hello. I see Advertisement.IsReady() ----> false ... then Advertisement.IsReady("rewardedVideo")) ---> false , Unity Ads is initiliazed , game id right, all seems right. How i can make Advertisement.IsReady to show me true and show an Ad? Im trying from the Editor now. On device, nothing happens for this reason it seems. Please help asap!!!

5. DBarlok

DBarlok

Hello, can you help me showing an Ad? I followed everything. I keep receiving False in Advertisement.IsReady("rewardedVideo")) . Im unable to see an Ad, even in Test Mode.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  6. DBarlok

DBarlok

Hello, im having the exact same problem. Did you found a solution to this?