Search Unity

Issue with platform settings, changes not applied

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by coshea, Jan 22, 2016.

1. coshea

coshea

Unity 5.3.1 on Mac, I am trying to add a framework to an iOS project, along with compile flags:

"To fix this you must select the UnityBluetoothLE.mm file in the plugins/ios folder. Once you select it you can enter a value in Compiler flags. Put -fno-objc-arc. Another new feature of Unity 5 is that you can now specify additional frameworks that are needed by the plugin. You do this by opening the Rarely used frameworks section and checking the CoreBluetooth framework. "

When I select a file in the plugins folder, in the inspector tick a framework that I want to add, then hit apply, the settings aren't saved.

What am I missing?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  2. coshea

coshea

Edit, this still isn't working actually. On iOS, under Platform settings, when I tick a framework then click apply it resets.

Any ideas? Thanks

Attached Files:

3. Jordi-Bonastre

Jordi-Bonastre

Unity Technologies

Hi @coshea, it's working fine with Unity 5.3.1p4. Let me know which version are you using, please. Also, the Editor log could be useful.

4. coshea

coshea

Thanks @Jordi Bonastre trying this on 5.3.1p4

Will send you a DM with editor log.

5. myb

myb

Same problem with Unity 5.3.1f1 on a Mac.
    But it works fine with same version of Unity on another Mac.

6. Tapgames

Tapgames

I have the exact same issue on my mac with Unity3D 5.3.2p2. Someone already have a solution?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  7. Tapgames

Tapgames

I tried it on my pc too with Unity3d 5.3.2p2 and same issue not saving the changes.

8. Hotshot10101

Hotshot10101

I am the author of the Unity Plugin for iOS and Android that these guys are having trouble with.

I am having the same problem. I know it worked in previous versions of Unity 5.

I am on Unity 5.3.1.p4

I am now downloading 5.3.2.p2 which is the latest to try it out. I am on a Mac.

I sent a direct tech support email as well. Support ticket #38735

Please let me know what I can do to help get this fixed. It is urgent for my customers and yours.

Tapgames likes this.
  9. Hotshot10101

Hotshot10101

As a test to rule out a couple things I just created a brand new project, created the Plugins/iOS folder, manually added a .mm file and got the same results.

To me this seems to rule out project upgrade or my plugin being the problem.

Tapgames likes this.
  10. coshea

coshea

I'm glad in a way that I'm not the only one going mad.

I submitted a bug report with an empty project on 26th Jan, have had a reply from @Jordi Bonastre on 28th "I haven't been able to reproduce the issue with 5.3.1f1 :confused:. I have increased the priority of your bug and QA'll take a look ASAP. I'll follow the bug report and if there is anything more that could do, let me know, please."

But no word from Unity on the bug yet.

Thanks

Tapgames likes this.
  11. Hotshot10101

Hotshot10101

I just downloaded and installed 5.3.2p2 and everything works again.

Not sure if it is a bug fix or if the act of updating unity fixed it.

Tapgames likes this.
  12. Hotshot10101

Hotshot10101

Another thing that might be a factor is that I rename the Unity folder on my Mac to include the version (like Unity_4.3) so that when I download a new version using the installer it gets put into Unity as a fresh folder. Then I rename that folder to Unity_5.3.2p2 (for example).

This means every time I update unity it is basically a fresh install. Not sure if that has anything to do with this, but thought it was worth mentioning in case other people update to 5.3.2p2 and it doesn't fix the problem.

Tapgames likes this.
  13. Tapgames

Tapgames

Is there a workaround for this? Can I something do in xcode to get this to work? So I can continue my work.

Edit: Unity3D 5.3.0f4 works correctly. So there must be a bug somewhere.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  14. coshea

coshea

Got an email reply to my issue...

"
    Hey,

We have been able to reproduce this bug and have sent it for resolution with our developers.

We highly appreciate your contribution. If you have further questions, feel free to contact us.

Regards,

Milian

QA Team"

15. Hotshot10101

Hotshot10101

Looks like this problem is back with version 5.3.4p1. Either that or it was never fixed and had something to do with installing different versions that made it work for me at one point.

16. Hotshot10101

Hotshot10101

A work around is to manually set the values in xCode after you build from Unity. This really sucks and is a huge pain, but it will get you by.

After you build from Unity open the xcode project.

Go to the build phases. In the Link Binary with Libraries section add the Corebluetooth framework.

Then in the Compile section find the UnityBluetoothLE.mm file. It should be at the bottom, but could get elsewhere in the list. Right click it and a box comes up that you can put in the compiler flags / options.

Hopefully Unity will finally fix the bug soon.

17. Hotshot10101

Hotshot10101

I just found another work around.

If you change the project editor settings so that you are using Text meta files then you can open the UnityBluetoothLE.mm.meta file with a text editor.

Then find the iOS line and change its section to look like this:

iOS:
    enabled: 1
    settings:
    CompileFlags: -fno-objc-arc
    FrameworkDependencies: CoreBluetooth;

You still will not be able to change this in the editor, but at least it will build and compile correctly.

shaderop and Banjosan like this.
  18. povilas

povilas

Unity Technologies

This issue has been fixed internally, the fix will be released as part of 5.3.4p4 if everything goes right.

Banjosan and myb like this.
  19. joegatling

joegatling

This issue is still happening in 5.3.4p6

20. povilas

povilas

Unity Technologies

Indeed, the fix was delayed. Only the 5.3.5p2 includes it.

21. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi,
    This still reset to any platform and happens when we upgrade projects to higher version. I tested on 5.6+

Please let us know if a fix exists. On upgade, all Android projects are getting set to "Any Platform"

Thanks,
    VB Team

22. povilas

povilas

Unity Technologies

The exact underlying issue should have been fixed long ago already. Could you please submit a bug report with non-upgraded project so that we can investigate what's up? Please post the bug number here. Thanks!