Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Issue in 5.5 - Can't build game

Discussion in '5.5 Beta' started by JannickL, Aug 30, 2016.

1. JannickL

JannickL

Just tried out the new beta of unity today. Seems like it's not possible for me to build my game. After choosing the directory nothing happens, just need to choose the directory over and over again but nothing happens.

Anyone else got the same problem? Tried it with 3 different projects, no one worked. They work fine in Unity 5.4

Greets

Navas23 likes this.
  2. goat

goat

I am still downloading but you should be able to cd to the directory the Editor log is in and look directly at the log for a better hint.

3. Navas23

Navas23

I´m having the same problem. Should I upload the log file here?

4. goat

goat

Yes, but privatize it if need be...I'll try & help as I may have the same problem when my download finishes.

5. goat

goat

Well I could choose the Game (directory) I wanted to open but on the 1st upgrade of a 5.4.0f3 project to 5.5.0b1 it complained that the NavMeshAgent thingamabob was missing or something so I exited and have reopened and it is now going through and reimported the whole project for some reason??? I mean Unity does this sort of seeming partial import often but a full import it usually only does on switching platforms.

6. goat

goat

OK, I could open my game & run it but I did have to add some new includes for UnityEngine.AI API changes.

I did have to open & close the project 3 times before everything got reimported correctly. I think that was a combination though of importing a small but new package and the unityEngine.AI API change causing compilation problems.

Curiously, the green Android icon robot is missing but the other product icons are not.

I am building now (Android 4.4+ IL2CPP) & it's going thought the import process again to build but it seems it's going to.

Maybe you have a directory permission problem.

+++++

OK, so my game finally built & run you you'll need to post a log or something for someone to help you.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  7. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

This is a known issue. Our QA first thought it only affected builds for Windows Store, but actually the same happens for any platform. See this in known issues:

8. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Will it be fixed for the next beta?

9. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

I don't think so, as it was just reported yesterday, and the next beta is already enroute.

10. Navas23

Navas23

Hello! Here you have my Editor.log (I had to zip it because the forum does not allow me to upload .log files), hope it helps you to fix the error. Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

11. JacooGamer

JacooGamer

Same here, using 5.5b1 I cant build anything on any platform.

12. Deleted User

Deleted User

Same here!
    I'm trying to build to WebGL, but most of them fails when the build button works (sometimes the build button just doesn't work).
    It happens even with a fresh project.

The error:
    Exception: Failed building WebGL Player.

UnityEditor.WebGL.ProgramUtils.StartProgramChecked (UnityEditor.Utils.Program p)
    (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WebGL/Extensions/Unity.WebGL.extensions/ProgramUtils.cs:32)

UnityEditor.WebGL.WebGlBuildPostprocessor.CompressFilesInOutputDirectory (BuildPostProcessArgs args)
    (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WebGL/Extensions/Unity.WebGL.extensions/BuildPostprocessor.cs:385)

UnityEditor.WebGL.WebGlBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (BuildPostProcessArgs args)
    (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WebGL/Extensions/Unity.WebGL.extensions/BuildPostprocessor.cs:604)

UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, Int32 width, Int32 height, System.String downloadWebplayerUrl, System.String manualDownloadWebplayerUrl, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.BuildReporting.BuildReport report)
    (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:186)

UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

13. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi,

I'm using 5.5.0b6; just finished the UFO tutorial. I managed building the game for the Windows standalone but I'm unable to build for WebGL. In fact, I managed to build it for WebGL once; after that, whatever I do it doesn't work. I'm getting this error message:

FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "E:\Faire\Tutoriels\2D UFO Tutorial (Unity 5.5.x)\Temp\StagingArea\Data\Native\build.asm.js".
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/FileStream.cs:305)
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
    System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:363)
    System.IO.StreamReader..ctor (System.String path, System.Text.Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/StreamReader.cs:167)
    System.IO.StreamReader..ctor (System.String path, System.Text.Encoding encoding)
    (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.StreamReader:.ctor (string,System.Text.Encoding)
    System.IO.File.ReadAllText (System.String path, System.Text.Encoding encoding) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:587)
    System.IO.File.ReadAllText (System.String path) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:582)
    UnityEditor.WebGL.CodeAnalysisUtils.ReplaceDuplicates (System.String builtCodePath, Int32 interations) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WebGL/Extensions/Unity.WebGL.extensions/CodeAnalysisUtils.cs:145)
    UnityEditor.WebGL.WebGlBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (BuildPostProcessArgs args) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WebGL/Extensions/Unity.WebGL.extensions/BuildPostprocessor.cs:580)
    UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, Int32 width, Int32 height, System.String downloadWebplayerUrl, System.String manualDownloadWebplayerUrl, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.BuildReporting.BuildReport report) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:186)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

About
    I can confirm that the file is absent, but I didn't remove it.

14. Raresh

Raresh

I am only able to build in the same folder of the project. Unity 5.5b6

15. Deleted User

Deleted User

Following my post #13, I managed building the WebGL version after deleting the Library, Projects Settings and Temp directories and reloading the project, but, some objects are invisible in the scene. There are present and invisible.

16. Deleted User

Deleted User

All right, I eventually managed building a WebGL version that stands, after deleting the Library, Projects Settings and Temp directories and reloading the project, except that this time I created an empty scene from which I built the game. Phew... :)

happysock likes this.