Search Unity

[Solved] IS THIS BEHAVIOUR TO BE EXPECTED OR NOT????

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by SoerenL, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoerenL

SoerenL

1 STAR REVIEWS ARE PILING UP BECAUSE OF THIS, CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE LET ME KNOW, IF THIS BEHAVIOUR IS TO BE EXPECTED OR NOT?

Sorry for the all caps, I created another thread asking about this, don't understand why it has to be a secret whether or not this error is to be expected.

What happens is that about 1 in every 100 users experience that in the shop, the IAP's get ticket off as purchased, but the actual content (when in the main interactive scene), isn't unlocked. It works fine for the other 99 users. Those experiencing the issue, need to completely close the app (double tap home, swipe the app up), and start it again, or just reboot their phone, and then most times it is fixed.

I'm using the SimpleIAP (iOS) implementation from Rebound Games, and contacted them first, but am being told that "Overall, things like that (pending transactions) happen and there is not much to do about it, since its pretty much out of your control."

So is this to be expected or what ?
    Is there something I could do in app ?

Unity version 5.5.1f1
    Unity IAP ## [1.9.2] - 2016-11-29
    iOS

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@SoerenL

Sorry for the delayed response.

Would you be able to provide some of the information requested here (like the purchase script and a device log, if possible):
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/read-this-before-you-post.450618/

Also, are you using our local Receipt Verification?

If it is just an issue of a pending transaction, then there isn't much we're able to do to help. The Purchasing system has to wait for the app store before the ProcessPurchase callback is called.

3. SoerenL

SoerenL

Sorry I didn't get a notification so didn't see your reply until now! My current suspicion leans more towards this being a problem with ReplayKit, than IAP.

In my case a purchase is supposed to unlock screen recording, which is handled with ReplayKit. And ReplayKit seems to be a bit flaky at times. I can usually test that it works fine on my own devices, but then very rarely I'm contacted by a user that can't get it to work. These issues sound similar to what my users have experienced, also before iOS11:

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...-button-does-not-work-on-~1minute-plus-videos
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...ng-with-replaykit-fails-on-ios-11-latest-beta

Quite often it can be fixed by restarting the device or log in to GameCenter, or making sure that there are no restrictions on screen recording in iOS settings, but I have users that claim to have done all that, and still can't get it to work.

Not using local Receipt Verification. Maybe that doesn't matter so much now ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.