Search Unity

Is there anyway to enable the Daydream Keyboard in unity?

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by zurrix, Dec 6, 2016.

1. zurrix

zurrix

There's a VR Daydream keyboard in my Pixel. But I didn't find any documents about how to use it.
    I tried to put a InputTextField in unity, and to check if the daydream keyboard will show up, it doesn't work.

2. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

AFAIK That is not supported at this time. Google is working on supporting it in an upcoming version of their UnitySDK but I have no information on when that will be released.

3. zurrix

zurrix

Thanks for reply. : )

4. fmielke

fmielke

@joejo In GVR13 is still no keyboard included. Are there any new informationen about that topic? We really need that, because atm there seems to be no hope to be part of the Daydream Access Program...

5. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

There is nothing new I can share. I have no ETA on when Google will release this publicly.

6. heyustc

heyustc

Hello! Did you find a way to enable daydream keyboard in unity? I encountered the same problem. The non-VR keyboard (i.e. keyboard for non-VR apps) pop out when I click an input field with daydream controller. Any replies are appreciated. Thank you!

7. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

No updates yet. There isn't anything we can do to enable the keyboard as it is shipped as an external library that has to be integrated in. My guess is that the first you'll see of it will be it added to some later version of the Google SDK for Unity so I would keep an eye out there for that.

8. ktsein

ktsein