Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request Is there any possibility to make unity work in pixels and not units in 2D mode?

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by hexdump, Jun 1, 2017.

1. hexdump

hexdump

Hi,

I think this is a so basic feature that I am impressed it is not high priority. Work in units is not natural for pixel art. There are a lot of engines out there that do this with any problem and simplify art workflow by not having to do dirty tricks with edge cases due to subpixel problems.

Will this feature be added to unity 2D anytime? Or is it not even planed?.

I know I could accommodate the camera to make it 1 pixel = 1 unit but then the physics engine won't behave as it should.

If you are creating pixel art games this should be really important to you. Let's maket it happen!

Thanks in advance.

2. danbrani

danbrani

3. hexdump

hexdump

Thansk for the link. This only work if you have a fixed resolution if I am not mistaken. People are trying to make this feature into the enigne, vote please https://feedback.unity3d.com/suggestions/pixelperfect-2d-mode

On the other hand, I bought 2dToolkit some years ago but now I can't use it because of other factors. This feature should be implemented in the engine to avoid the nightmare of doing pixel art games in unity. And answering to "People have been doing pixel-perfect games in Unity since a very long time", yes, this is true but there a lot that doesn't even notice what they are seen is messed up sometimes :). Or just they live with it.

One thing I do not understand is how this feature is the most voted in 2D section and there are others with less priority started... odd. Does our opinion matter in any way as Unity want us to believe? Please unity devers start implementing basic things for your core users that are in the end users creating 2D content for games.

Cheers.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017