Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there a way to take snap and record a video in Daydream play mode

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by Futurristic, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Futurristic

Futurristic

Hi there!

This is Amit again. I have one more query- Is there a way to take snap and record a video in Daydream play mode. Say user is viewing a scene in Daydream headset and now he wants to capture the image of his view and also likes to record the scene. Pls suggest.

Regards
    Amit

fmielke likes this.
  2. fmielke

fmielke

Would be great! At the moment I cast the screen with Vysor Premium wirelessly and record the screen on my laptop with Active Presenter. Works for me, but very annoying.

Screenshots work with Vysor Premium very good. Vysor should also make screen recordings, but in my case (Win7 64bit) it is not reliable.

Futurristic likes this.
  3. tomekkie2

tomekkie2

I have used MirrorOp to make recordings from GearVR apps. Possibly it could also work for Daydream. I have installed MirrrorOp sender on my Samsung S6, and MirrorOp receiver on my PC and recorded the video on PC.

Futurristic likes this.
  4. Futurristic

Futurristic

thanks guys will try the suggestions you have given.

5. Sawyeraw3

Sawyeraw3

Lollipop Screen Recorder has worked well for me in making gameplay videos. There are many apps like it on the play store. Hopefully it's what you're looking for.

6. Captain-Awesome

Captain-Awesome

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try them soon. But I am pretty terrified to see what recording a video does to my frame rate. :)