Search Unity

Is there a REST API that we can use to download Performance Report data?

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Diagnostics' started by Kurt-Dekker, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Title says it all: we'd like to run an overnight "pull" against a REST API on the Unity Performance Reporting service in order to hoover down all our day's crashes, reset the logs, etc.

Is this possible, and if not, is there any future plan for it?

Thanks,
    Kurt

2. thomasn_unity

thomasn_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Kurt,

We don't currently have an officially supported way of doing this. A few other people have requested it as well and it's pretty high on our backlog, but I don't have an ETA at this point.

If you're feeling adventurous, you could in theory use the same API that the developer.cloud.unity3d.com dashboard uses, but it requires authenticating with id.unity3d.com (ie, it can't just accept your username and password). If you decided to go that route, we wouldn't be able to provide support for it, and can't guarantee that the API won't change in the future.

Thanks,

-Tom

mabaxInc likes this.
  3. ChrisLundquist

ChrisLundquist

Unity Technologies

mabaxInc and KurtDekkerMW like this.
  4. dirty-rectangle

dirty-rectangle

Are there still any plans to provide a REST API for the crash reporting or can the existing cloud build API still be used?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  5. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @dirty-rectangle, yes, providing a REST API for crash reporting is still a feature that we'd like to get to. I can't provide any concrete details yet on when it will be delivered but we do have plans for it.

6. Enrique_Keen

Enrique_Keen

Are there any updates on plans to provide a REST API?

7. NealZhangAofL

NealZhangAofL

@ryanc-unity Any Update for Unity Crash API?

The above method you provided only return 500 crashes. How can we backfill the last 90 days every single crash?

Currently, our engineer is doing a web crawl. But the program will start to freeze if we have too many instances.

Please let us know how we can get these crash data. It is really important for us.

8. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @NealZhangAofL, I'm afraid that work on Cloud Diagnostics has been put on hold for the time being. The service is now in maintenance mode, where the team will continue to keep it running, but no new features are being worked on at this time.

I'd like to recommend the Backtrace service to you. It offers a much more robust backend for collecting and analyzing crash reports that I think your team can greatly benefit from.

9. jerome-lacoste

jerome-lacoste

This is really unfortunate. We've been using the crash reporter into our toolings, and even built tools around the data it exposes to make the most of it.

Peter77 likes this.