Search Unity

Is DAZ3D good for unity?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Pollawat, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Pollawat

Pollawat

Sorry for my bad English?

I'm just a newbie and I wondering that Daz3d or MCS (Asset store) Are they good for a project or not? I mean should I use them for a project?

- I'm using Mixamo to generate an animation and animate manually from Maya if it's neccessary.
    - Are these programs flexible? I mean physics, hair flowing or bouncing breasts?
    - If I got 100 USD for example, should I spend this money to them?

2. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

Alot of Unity users here, use Daz Studio and another one called makehuman.
    I don't know much about MCS, but I just checked it out, on the asset store and
    it looks really cool.:p

Hopefully an MCS user/expert, appears and gives you some advice/help.
    After checking it out, I'm curious to know, more about this MCS software myself.:D

3. hopeful

hopeful

MCS (which uses DAZ models) is still under development, and has been for over a year now. I'd wait till they issue their character modification software, which will help you make new clothes for your characters.

There's also the strong possibility MCS will be moving from one base character to another, with incompatibility between one and the other. So it would be good to get this settled before buying in.

As for hair, MCS hair is just plain mesh hair and it does not move. I'm not sure about the rest.

Also, there have been performance issues. The detail of the models restricts it to desktop, not mobile, and in an earlier test I did, performance dropped significantly with each model I added to the scene, getting unacceptably low frame rates on my machine with just 20 characters and nothing else. The new version of MCS is supposed to have fixed this, and maybe the current version has been made faster, but ... best to wait till the new version is out and evaluate it then.

JoeStrout likes this.