Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

iRDS - Intelligent Race Driver System Available on Asset Store

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by rhodnius, Mar 18, 2013.

?

What you prefer (features are, Transmission, differential and Engine as separate component)

Poll closed Nov 12, 2019.
  1. Release new physics at it's current state and do new stuff on next releases?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wait for all the new stuff on physics to be implemented then do the release?

100.0%
  1. pinchmass

pinchmass

Hi Rhod

not been on the forums for a while , good to see your still progressing with this great asset, I think the Realistic Car Controller addition will be handy (its also updating with new features). Just wondered if the Realistic Car Controller part is ready would you be able to put it in dropbox to start using/testing.

keep up the good work

rhodnius likes this.
  2. rhodnius

rhodnius

Thanks!

That one is not done yet (RCC integration), the Replay system is pretty much done, and the Rewired is definitely done already.

I would be getting back into it soon :D

Cheers!

Rhod,

3. Davidbillmanoy

Davidbillmanoy

I prefer the Flashback feature from Grid 1 and Dirts 2 and 3. And does your own physics feel like rFactor? And does your own physics feel better than UnityCar? Does your physics supports real physic values?

4. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @Davidbillmanoy !

The replay system would include both stuff, the flashbacks and the replay.

The feel of the physics is best if you try it and see for yourself, because my opinion may not be as objective, since this is my little baby I'm raising since about 3+ years now :D.

The physics does support real physics values for engine, drivetrain and tires (pacejka curves), suspension could be a bit different but also uses values that are physically based (spring factors, spring force, etc.)

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers!

Rhod,

5. Davidbillmanoy

Davidbillmanoy

I have a problem:

IRDSIntelligentDriver.AddCarPhysics ()IRDSRigCar.Init ()NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Can you help me?

6. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hello!

In order to be able to help you i need a bit more details on what you are trying to do there, and how I could reproduce that error.

Also, please send me your invoice number to register your purchase.

Cheers!

Rhod,

7. rhodnius

rhodnius

Yay! forum is back, let me know if you guys need anything.

Cheers!

Rhod,

8. pinchmass

pinchmass

Gutted just read Randomisation Vehicle Physics is no longer in development........

I'm in the middle of a few projects I'm going to switch to Realistic Car Controller, is their any ETA on intergration yet ?

fingers crossed

9. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hey pinchmass, I'm currently working on the new UI car choose scene and also on the source code version and then on RCC integration, hope to get that all that done in the next few days.

Cheers!

Rhod,

10. pinchmass

pinchmass

nice (would it be possible when ready to drop a beta version in the dropbox folder I have with you)

rhodnius likes this.
  11. rhodnius

rhodnius

If is just the RCC Interface scripts, i can just send it to you directly, so you dont have to download the entire thing ;)

Cheers!

Rhod,

12. rhodnius

rhodnius

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  13. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi guys!

RCC scripts for having the AI to use RCC physics is now done, also i have done the car choose scripts for using the new UI.

Now I'm working on finalizing some stuff on the source code version and should be releasing the update soon (for lite and pro (source not yet released) versions of iRDS)

Cheers!

Rhod,

14. pinchmass

pinchmass

Great just working with RCC now, may have a little issues (maybe user error) all seems fine when using keyboard input. When I switch to mobile (using the RCC setting menu and setting input as mobile) the RCC UI works and controls the car , but the user inputs are also sent to all the AI cars. This is not the case with keyboard input.

am I missing something or maybe a bug ?

thanks a million anyway

15. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @pinchmass !

Hmm not sure, i used the RCC AIControl bool to avoid it from getting player inputs, but not sure if the mobile controller you are using does the same, would be asking the dev of RCC to see what could be causing it.

Cheers!

Rhod,

16. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys!

I'm currently wrapping up the update, and making the unity 5 and 5.1 project versions to be able to upload them so you dont have any issues when importing on Unity 5 variations, mostly because of the changes on the uGUI internally that made me to do changes on iRDS new UI code for 5.1 (this is for the Pro, source included, version, Lite already have them).

This should be done pretty shortly and then would be uploading both, iRDS 3.1 Lite and 3.1 Pro (source) to the asset store, both including RCC integration, Replay system (V1.0), Rewired integration script and the CarChoose scene with new uGUI as well.

Cheers!

Rhod,

17. rhodnius

rhodnius

@pinchmass I got the response from the RCC developer, here it is as i received it:

Yes, I know this issue related with beta version :) RCC_MobileButtons script attached to RCCCanvas is feeding all RCC cars on your scene. I forgot to make an if statement for not feeding AI cars in this script. All you have to do is, just not feed the AI cars.

Code (CSharp):
    1. for (int i = 0; i < carControllers.Length; i++) {
    3.       if(carControllers[i].
    4. canControl && !carControllers[i].AIController){
    6.         carControllers[i].gasInput = gasInput;
    7.         carControllers[i].brakeInput = brakeInput;
    8.         carControllers[i].steerInput = -leftInput + rightInput + steeringWheelInput + gyroInput;
    9.         carControllers[i].handbrakeInput = handbrakeInput;
    10.         carControllers[i].boostInput = NOSInput;
    12.       }
    14. }

He also told me that a new update would be released on 20-21 of August that would have this fix included.

Cheers!

Rhod,

18. rhodnius

rhodnius

Uploading V3.1 to the asset store now, lite and pro :D

19. rhodnius

rhodnius

Version 3.1 has been submitted to the asset store, we now just need to wait a few days for the approval.

Cheers!

20. rhodnius

rhodnius

Version 3.1 have been approved for the lite version or iRDS, source (pro version) is still pending.

Cheers!

Rhod

21. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys!

Today we have decided to do a change on the prices of iRDS and iTS, here are the new prices that should be live in the next couple of days.

iRDS Lite would be at 85USD
    iRDS Pro would be at 200USD
    iTS lite would be at 75USD
    iTS pro would be at 200USD

The decision have been made after debating it a lot internally aiming to increase the affordability and willing reach more people that could use our tools.

Also notice that iRDS Pro (source) version is live now, but at the old price yet (300)

Hope it is something that you all like.

Cheers!

Rhod,

22. rhodnius

rhodnius

Also the upgrade price have been already set to be 115USD for getting the pro (source) version of iRDS, this is considering already the new prices.

Cheers!

Rhod,

23. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

I am a bit confused about the Load Settings and Save Settings options?

Any changes I make to LoadLevel and IRDSManager are lost unless I use the Save Settings.

What confuses me, is that I can Save Settings to different file names but how does the loaded scene in the editor know which Settings file to load? I did some testing, but the settings always seem to be the ones from the default settings file MangerSettings.xml. Even if I load settings from another xml, the settings from ManagerSettings.xml are retained in my scene?

I cannot find anything on this in the ReadMe.pdf?

24. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Greg!

This could be an issue from unity itself, some times you just need to create an empty game object, then save the scene then delete the empty gameobject and save again, not sure why (seems to be some sort of serialization issue on latests Unity 5 versions).

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers!

Jose,

25. f1b0n4cc1

f1b0n4cc1

I wish there will be special discount or coupon who purchased product with old 150 usd price. Because upgrading by paying 115 extra over 150 is a little bit expensive . I also wonder if you will offer special discount for existing irds users for its pro purchases .

rhodnius likes this.
  26. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @f1b0n4cc1 !

I totally understand what you are commenting, we are a bit limited on what we could actually do for discounts from having bought one package and getting another different one in a discounted price (i.e. you already have bought iRDS and want iTS with a discount) i like that idea for real, i would ask about it to the Unity 3D asset store team to see if there is a way to actually do that, vouchers are also limited in amount, so is not really an option.

About the current upgrade price for iRDS, we have already changed the price and people have already upgraded at that price, so it would be also unfair having now a discount on the upgrade price for them, and we have overall dropped the prices significantly (source started at 300 and upgrading to it was at 150) so considering that, we would keep the prices as they are currently.

Cheers!

Rhod,

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  27. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi guys!

Yesterday i uploaded an update to the iRDS pro version, because some prefabs were not correctly setup, no code changes at all is just prefabs used to i.e. instantiate at editor mode the iRDSManager that was having missing references and giving issues because of it.

Cheers

Rhod,

28. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys!

The update is now live on the asset store, let me know if you have any issues.

Enjoy!

Cheers!

Rhod,

29. vik111

vik111

Hi Rhod,

I want to buy your this plugin but the apk which i found from your web site in that car is moving much just by single tap .is that uploaded apk is latest ?.
    or can i get latest apk to test ?

waiting for your reply :)

Thanks

30. rhodnius

rhodnius

You can try out any of Dynamic Games Racing games, they were made with iRDS and pretty up to date, here is a link to that Developer in the Play Store:

Link

You can also check this game from Chundos Studios

Link

Cheers!

Rhod,

31. isacan

isacan

32. rhodnius

rhodnius

33. sherifdarwish2

sherifdarwish2

Hi Rhod,

I want to buy iRDS but i am not sure what is exactly inside the package, I am trying to run the web demo but it is not opening with me

Do you have an android demo, just to have the feel of what we get once we buy it

Also, do you usually accept paid customization if we have some changes to be applied

Thanks,
    Sherif

34. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi sherifdarwish2!

Thanks for your interest on iRDS!

You can try out any of Dynamic Games Racing games, they were made with iRDS and pretty up to date, here is a link to that Developer in the Play Store:

Link

You can also check this game from Chundos Studios

Link

Also, you can see in our Youtube channel the video tutorials that shows off the tool while in edit mode:

Link

Cheers!

35. Gounemond

Gounemond

Hello iRDS team!

I've recently purchased your system and I was wondering some things that I couldn't easily find through the documentation

How to set / trigger a pitStop condition on a car. Which script/utility should I call?

36. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Gounemond,

Not sure if i got your question right, but if you mean to make the AI to go to the pits stop, then you only need to enable a it using the method SetGoPit(bool) on the class IRDSCarControllInput.

Cheers!

Rhod,

37. Gounemond

Gounemond

Yeah, thanks!
    Somehow it wasn't working, then suddently the "PitStopEntrance" trigger made the player automatically switch into the pitstop (AI enabled).

I got now another problem: after the pit stop made by the AI, the car cannot turn anymore, ever. It's like it gets some kind of freeze rotation, since not even turning wheels or colliding with something works.

Also I've noticed that if the AI in the pit-stops goes to 0 speed (it happened because I had to increase the mass of the car to 25000, to make it stop), after returning to normal values, it's not able anymore to regain speed automatically, but instead, it seems like it's trying to move, moves a little, then stop.

Was this known to you or is there some kind of solution? FYI, I'm using Uinty 5.4!

Thanks in advance :)

38. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hmm, this seems to be a physx issue i saw before on unity 5, were a user was freezing the rigidbody using constrains and then unfreezing it but the rigidbody didn't got working normal again, can you try freezing the car, and then unfreezing it to see if this happens, if so, can you confirm if you are using old suspension or new one?

Cheers!

Rhod,

39. Gounemond

Gounemond

Confirmed, I tried it yesterday in some esperiments and it did happen.
    And yeah, the suspensions are the old type.

Sorry to add questions on top of questions (I'm working on it now and discovering things as I'm going through the package): force feedback, the plugins mentioned that are supported are e Force Feedback INput, which isn't anymore on the asset store, and the logitech sdk which continuously crashes and seems also has discontinued support.
    Anything else that can work for the force feedback?

40. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hmm then try using the new suspension, which does not uses wheelcolliders at all.

About forcefeedback, unfortunately we can't do much about those packages, even Rewired seems to have wrote some stuff about it when a user was asking for force feedback for iRDS (since Rewired and iRDS are compatible now), we were supporting those 2 plugins for force feedback, but as you said they seem to be discontinued and/or not updated, some people on the rewired thread were suggesting to put some kind of requesto to Logitech so they would update their Unity SDK.

Cheers!

Rhod,

41. vik111

vik111

Hello Rhod,

i have purchased your plugin and it looks good. i want to do like runtime i want to change auto stearing to manual and from manual to auto stearing so is that possible with your plugin and if yes then what are then changes i need to make ?

Thanks,

42. tylerrussell

tylerrussell

Hi Rhod!

Quick question, I recently purchased your plugin and it seems to work great! I'm loving all the options. I'm having a problem with the menu widgets though. For some reason they don't appear to be laying out correctly. This is on OSX with Unity 5.4.1f1. Expanding the windows doesn't seem to work, the layout is still incorrectly centered (see the attachments). Is there anything I can try to fix it? Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

43. neoshaman

neoshaman

44. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @vik111 yes this is possible, when you say at runtime you refer during the race? or at a menu screen, if it is at menu screen you need to change the bool variable on the levelload object and if it is during the race, you need to change the bool variable on the actual car you want to change this feature. the variable name is autoSteering, and for the car is on IRDSCarControllerAI and for levelload is on IRDSLevelLoadVariables.

Hi @tylerrussell ! thanks for the purchase!

That's really weird, haven't seen that one before, is there any other script attached to that game object at the bottom? that could be causing the issue too, also if you change to another option, does it changes at all?

Keep me posted about it.

Hi @neoshaman it should be pretty easy to integrate it with, i think using the interface scripts included for EVP or Randomation or any of the other physics that uses wheelcollider could be done with a fairly low amount of modifications to the scripts.

If i get more request for integrating it, i would put it into the to do list for sure, or as soon as i have a little spare time to do it.

Cheers!

Rhod,

vik111 and neoshaman like this.
  45. tylerrussell

tylerrussell

Thanks for the reply!

No other scripts are assigned to the Game Object. I created a new Project, and then added the AI Scripts using iRDS -> AI System -> Add AI System to Current Scene.

Closing the iRDS Manager script appears to fix the layout. Clicking other options (settings, add marker, insert marker) doesn't appear to change anything.

The same thing appears to happen with Level Settings as well. With the Level Settings, clicking around on the different settings causes the scrollbars to appear/disappear. Unlike the iRDS Manager script, the Level Settings one isn't scrollable by default. It only becomes scrollable once I open two of the sections, or if I open the "Car settings" section.

Let me know if there is anything you need me to do to help debug. Thanks!

I've attached a few screenshots of various states with things expanded/collapsed to show you an idea of whats happening.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  46. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hmm,from the pictures it seems are the separators that are causing it, i would take a look more in depth soon.

Cheers!

Rhod,

47. vik111

vik111

Hi Rhod,
    Thanks for the reply and i want that at race time and i found that variable as you suggested. Thanks for it.

My another doubt is can we add multiple Racing Lines ? as i want to assign 1 racing line to the user car and another racing line to the AI cars so while racing i can change positions of the user racing line and it will not affect to the ai cars if its possible can u let me know how to assigne different racing line ?

Thanks.

48. Magic73

Magic73

I like it :)

Just a question:
    does the AI work even with EVP? (is the AI "physic engine" independent?)

about different racing type, are there demos about them?
    how they are handled?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  49. Himanshuchahar

Himanshuchahar

Hi,

Thanks for the great package, your package has made it very easy to create nice and optimized racing game.
    Can you please help me with couple of things:
    1. Can I add some traffic using package's AI? (like avoiding accident and taking sharp city turns)
    2. Can I create a parking/transport game as well with the package? (like for bus and truck)

It would be a great help if you can provide some tutorial links for above. Thanks!!!

50. eagleeyez

eagleeyez

Hi, I am going to buy this today anyway as it is on sale.
    My Question is how about networking? Can this work with Photon?
    Thanks, I look forward to trying this out.