Search Unity

[Closed] IOS Submission failed due to Purchase failed on IPv6 only wifi.

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by DannyHellfish, Aug 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DannyHellfish

DannyHellfish

Hey there,

we failed the iOS submission due to the following problem:

"We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on an iPad and iPhone running iOS 9.3.4 on Wi-Fi connected to an IPv6 network.

We could not successfully initiate an IAP."

As far as we can tell this seems to be a Unity Purchasing problem when it comes to IPV6. Does anyone have any info on that?

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    wt_dev likes this.
  2. Mighty_Dragon_Studios

Mighty_Dragon_Studios

We had this issue. If you are using Unity 5.3 you need to install a patch to fix this or upgrade to 5.4. FYI the upgrade fix the issue for us but caused a bunch of other issues.

3. DannyHellfish

DannyHellfish

Thanks, we're already using the newest version of 5.4. The current problem is that we can't reproduce the bug on our own IPv6 network. Seems like a lot of people have this issue. It works for them but not for the apple review team. The only problem we have is that sometimes you can't log in with IPv6 on the first attempt. But it happens rarely and seemingly random. Running a little bit out of ideas here...

4. PixelEnvision

PixelEnvision

We also had that issue. After testing the app OK locally, I've just replied requesting re-review with the same binary and it passed. That was with 3.5.6f1...

5. erika_d

erika_d

Hi @DannyHellfish,

Sorry you're experiencing this issue! It's not something we've heard of before or experienced ourselves. If you (or anyone) is able to reproduce it, or if Apple is able to give you the debug logs from their testing, it would be really helpful to send us the logs so we can look into it! Thanks

6. DanjelRicci

DanjelRicci

We just had this problem, our game was rejected last Friday. Apple review team said they couldn't complete an in-app purchase under IPv6 network. We are using Unity 5.4.0f3, with Unity built-in purchasing system.

7. erika_d

erika_d

Hi @DanjelRicci

Sorry to hear that! Did they give you any more information other than that (stack traces, debug logs)? Did resubmitting it work for you as it has with some of the other users above? Are you able to duplicate the issue? We have been unable to duplicate the issue so far, so any more details that can be given would be appreciated!

8. DanjelRicci

DanjelRicci

@erika_d Unfortunately they only attached a screenshot with the generic, user-friendly popup message we show to players: "Server error: cannot purchase this product now". After some thinking (and inspecting the only three lines in the code where that message is triggered) we are pretty sure the problem is the purchasing system not being initialized.

In the meantime we asked for a re-review of the same binary and are waiting for a reply. We executed the test illustrated in their their official IPv6 compliance guide step by step (the test part) and everything works for us, we weren't able to reproduce the issue. We also wrote that in the review notes.

Talking about the guide, looks like it doesn't set up a valid IPv6 network; as far as I understood, it still goes through your own provider IP, which in our case is IPv4. Technically, that guide is misleading.

erika_d likes this.
  9. erika_d

erika_d

Hi @DanjelRicci

I passed on your theory about IAP not being initialized to our devs...even that bit of info could be really helpful, thanks! Let us know how your re-review goes and if you ever manage to reproduce the issue! Sounds right now like the issue may be with Apple, since none of us can reproduce it, but we'll definitely take a look/keep our eyes out for it.

DanjelRicci likes this.
  10. IvyKun

IvyKun

I just got a game rejected this morning because of this.

"We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPad and iPhone running iOS 10.0.1 on Wi-Fi connected to an IPv6 network.
    We were unable to buy any of your In-App Purchase products. Tapping on them produced no action.".

But I also submitted an update of another game just to include the same inapps and it got approved. So I'm just going to make a new build with the latest version of Unity (I was using 5.3.4) and try again. Maybe the person to review it has better luck this time.

erika_d and ap-unity like this.
  11. Pablo-Isidro

Pablo-Isidro

Same rejection here.

"We discovered a bug in your app when reviewed on iPad and iPhone running iOS 10.0.2 on Wi-Fi connected to an IPv6 network. Specifically, we receive an error whenever we attempt to purchase any of the items within the app."

However after setting up an iPv6 network and updating our devices to 10.0.2 could not reproduce the error, and everything is working properly. Using Unity 5.3.6p2

12. IvyKun

IvyKun

My app got rejected again for the same reason. Unity 5.4.1p2 :(

13. IvyKun

IvyKun

My app was approved!

So after the rejection I did the test they had in their Support IPv6 guide (https://developer.apple.com/library...standingandPreparingfortheIPv6Transition.html) and then answer in the resolution center saying that I did the test (I wrote step by step what I did) and that the in-apps were working.
    They answer me the next day saying they will continue with the review and then it got approved.

I don't know if this worked to @DanjelRicci but it worked for me, so try it!

Deleted User, ap-unity and erika_d like this.
  14. kugun

kugun

Hi there,

Having similar problem. I made same changes and send new builds daily and got similar error. After

After updating unity 5.4.2p1 and latest in-app plugin from Services, now It seems "PurchaseProcessingResult" not called. Because this time error message is

Unfortunately, there is no screenshot. They didn't send it.

While searching for error, someone says this kind of problem can be caused by Facebook SDK, although, I never turn on this settings, it has been always close :
    iOS Only: Log In-App Purchase Events Automatically (Recommended)

15. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @kugun,

We have not been able to reproduce any Unity IAP issues with IPv6.

We would recommend you try @IvyKun's approach by documenting your IPv6 testing.

16. erika_d

erika_d

Hi @kugun,

In addition to what @ap-unity says above, the issue with the Facebook SDK listener causing issues for purchase processing should be fixed since version 1.6.0 of Unity IAP.

https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity-iap-store-package-1-8-3-is-now-available.415517/

17. kugun

kugun

Hi @erika_d

Thank you mentioning me. I am also watching IAP thread and follow it from there. My problem could be because of this. On the other hand, I set more logs to send them to my server in real time. Now I can follow up where the transaction is dropping. I will try it with this new build.

18. trancanhluc

trancanhluc

Hello all,
    We had this issue,
    unity 5.4.1f1 and latest in-app plugin from Services
    I not able to buy IAP when connected wifi ipv6 but it worked with ipv4

My app was rejection with issue!
    "We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPad running iOS 10.1.1 on Wi-Fi connected to an IPv6 network.
    - We were not able to buy gems."

Could you please help me to check and give me advices for this issue?

19. Nidhii

Nidhii

I have also received the same message! My app was rejected today :(

"We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPad and iPhone running iOS 10.1.1 on Wi-Fi connected to an IPv6 network.
    Specifically, tapping on any of the In App Purchase products for purchase produces no action."

@trancanhluc were you able to buy gems before submission? or you tested your app in sand box?

20. trancanhluc

trancanhluc

@IES yes, I testing normal with ipv4 connected

21. kugun

kugun

@IES @trancanhluc

I have solved the problem with using Unity 5.4.1p4 and updating in-app purchase libraries to "1.6.0 of Unity IAP." They made some changes to fix it. Although, I definitely suggest you to wait shop progress until shop gets ready. I mean, you should be checking does in-app purchases ready to process and initialized correctly. with Ipv4, I never had this issue but on my logs, ipv6 had some issues to initialize and I needed to try second initialization when it isn't.

One last thing, if you are using facebook SDK be sure "Log In-App Purchase Events" turned off on facebook developer console.

22. trancanhluc

trancanhluc

@kugun How to revert in-apps lib from 1.9.0 to 1.6.0. Current version is 1.9.0
    @erika_d Could you please help me to check and give me advices for this issue?

23. kugun

kugun

@trancanhluc

if you newer version like 1.9, you don't have to downgrade. On the other hand, check your unity version. You said you had unity 5.4.1f1 right? Make sure you are using newer than unity 5.4.1p1. Because on p2 update, there are some changes, If i don't remember wrong.

24. erika_d

erika_d

@trancanhluc,

We have not yet been able to duplicate this issue that Apple is having, and we haven't had any reports of developers being able to duplicate the issue either, although it sounds like perhaps @kugun was able to duplicate it? So far our best suggestion is the same as above, to try resubmitting it and explaining to them that you can't duplicate it/they should work. I would look into kugun's suggestions as well though.

25. trancanhluc

trancanhluc

Hi @erika_d and @kugun

After updating unity 5.4.2p1 everything is working properly.
    Thanks a lot for your quick support.

erika_d likes this.
  26. djoshi

djoshi

Did you submitted to Apple? Did they approved everything?

27. kugun

kugun

Luckily Apple check this IPv6 support at first. I mean if it is not working, most probably you will get rejection in a day or two days. I got rejected 5 times like this way until I found the solution.

@trancanhluc you are welcome

28. lenten1111

lenten1111

I read this topic like 2 weeks ago, now my game just been rejected 5 times. I don't have a mac, still use a windows with hackintosh, I updated unity and IAP to latest version. I cant setup IPv6 to test IAP (already tried its not working) because its not a mac. My game working fine on android, I have another iOS game with IAP just passed review with the same unity and machine, but they just continued rejecting this game about this IPv6 problem. I have no idea what's wrong?

29. djoshi

djoshi

Nop. This is not working. I have updated Unity to latest patch but got again rejection. My rejection is basically due to Game center login fails authentication at their end.

30. djoshi

djoshi

I think Apple is testing our apps on some different environments. Best process I would suggest is to create sample app & submit to apple & after rejection get the logs from them. I think as Unity developers you can understand the logs.

31. cvillena

cvillena

We have the same problem, they rejected me 3 times. Is there a solution?

32. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @cvillena,

We have not been able to reproduce any Unity IAP issues with IPv6.

We would recommend you try IvyKun's approach by documenting your IPv6 testing.

33. registernplay

registernplay

I had meet similar problem and my app also got rejected by Apple yesterday , my Unity version is 5.4.2p4 and using IAP version 1.9.2 ( the lastest one ) :(

34. pixelsplit

pixelsplit

Same issue here.

"We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPad and iPhone running iOS 10.1.1 on Wi-Fi connected to an IPv6 network. Specifically, your app reads “Product info could not be loaded,” and user cannot access the In-App Purchase you have submitted for review."

35. shopguy

shopguy

I'd think with the popularity of Unity that Apple would reach out to Unity and offer to provide debug info and anything else needed to resolve this quickly.

Sad that the real world does not live up to these basic expectations :)

36. pixelsplit

pixelsplit

Yeah... i also tried with setting up an IPv6 network with the Mac and everything worked out. They were not interested in the proof. Unsure what to do now.

37. andoni13

andoni13

Hey, I'm having the same problem with an AR App using Unity 5.42f2 and Vuforia, but the weird thing is that I uploaded the App last week and got approved but when I made some minor content changes and uploaded the new build Apple gives me this error: "iPad iPhone running iOS 10.2 on Wi-Fi connected to an IPv6 network" and rejected my app, why didn't they get this error the first time they reviewed my app? it doesn't make sense... they attached me a screenshoot, but I'm not really sure if it helps. Please if anybody knows what to do let me know, I'm kind of stuck right now...

38. pixelsplit

pixelsplit

Our submission went through now, just downloaded newest Unity IApp again (but did this yesterday already!) and resubmitted it - excactly the same version. Don't know if it is arbitrariness, a rare connection issue on Apples side or something rare in the Unity IApp system... what I know is that there seems to be no way to reproduce it :/

39. shopguy

shopguy

If anyone here frequents the Apple Developer forums (they make me sick so I don't go there now) I'd be curious to know if other apps/games (not made with Unity) are also having issues. Since Unity is just calling iOS APIs for all of this (I assume), it seems likely others are having the same issue, not just Unity.

40. Jussumman

Jussumman

Those who's submissions were rejected.. what version of xcode did you use to make builds?

I made my first submission and it was rejected for the same reason. I bought an older iPhone for dev purposes, I had the game running on it smoothly and then they forced the upgrade (overnight) to the OS. Once that happened I couldn't get the xcode to build the game anymore as it was incompatible with the device. I reinstalled to latest xcode to make build but had lots more errors. I downgraded to xcode 7.31 and it all seemingly worked, submitted and got the same rejection here. I've spent 3 weeks just trying to submit to apple for a game/app that works everywhere I tested with no bugs. It's been a very nightmarish experience so far, not sure if I want to go forward, not worth spending a month just trying to submit a finished game/app. But half the people and everybody in my family are walking around with damn iPhones.

So developers here submitted and only when they show they couldn't reproduce the problem on their end, it was accepted, sounds shady. I wonder if this is some kind of ploy to get you to buy an ipad to test out with ipv6 wifi?

I'm going to give it one more try.

41. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

It seems there is a miscommunication of the reason why some apps are rejected. There is a thread on the Apple forum that addresses this confusion.

https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/147579#147579

42. StanislavMaksheev

StanislavMaksheev

same problem here (((
    and I haven't Facebook sdk in game....

43. Erik-Hegen

Erik-Hegen

Hi, we currently encountered a similar problem with our newest game. We testet payment on iOS and android in sandbox and live conditions and everything worked fine. As we submitted the game to iTunes Store the build was rejected because of the initialization process of the unity IAP failed so that the apple tester could not view or purchase our products.
    The fail reason was
    InitializationFailureReason.NoProductsAvailable
    this only happend when Apple tested under a ipv6 network scenario.
    EDIT: Unity Version is 5.4.3f1 and we are using the latest IAP

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  44. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

45. Erik-Hegen

Erik-Hegen

But for some reason it only happend in a IPv6 network test.
    Anyhow we issue was solved. We changed the code so that the storecontroller initializes again and again in the background until it finally succeeds. We also upgraded to Unity 5.5.1.
    Our build was now approved. Maybe the test environment of the responsible tester at apple changed.
    I can't say what solved the problem as we could not reproduce a test scenario in a functional IPv6 environment.

46. StanislavMaksheev

StanislavMaksheev

after third sending to approve without any changes - game was approved......this is magic problem.

vas1990 likes this.
  47. breban1

breban1

@ap-unity
    The same message from Apple:

"We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPhone and iPad running iOS 10.3 on Wi-Fi connected to an IPv6 network."

@kugun
    My questions:
    If Unity IAP fails and OnInitializeFailed() is called, do I need to call InitializePurchasing() again? Then rinse/repeat? Or does Unity automagically do this for us? It's not clear in the documentation. If so, do I need to re-add the products to a new builder when doing so?

// Kick off the remainder of the set-up with an asynchrounous call, passing the configuration
    // and this class' instance. Expect a response either in OnInitialized or OnInitializeFailed.
    UnityPurchasing.Initialize(this, builder);

nicholasr likes this.
  48. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

From Apple Developer Forum: https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/147579#147579

Not All Rejections Are IPv6 Related
    The App Review rejection you’ve received indicates that:
    • your app failed
    • it was tested on an IPv6-only network
    This does not mean that the failure was specifically caused by that network.

This shouldn't be necessary. If OnInitializeFailed is called, Unity IAP will try to initialize again on its own. (That is the standard behavior on iOS. It varies by OS.)

breban1 likes this.
  49. breban1

breban1

Thanks so much ap-unity, is that standard behavior on Android too? If so I should be good to, I replied back to Apple and asked them to wait 10-15 seconds after startup to see if IAP would get initialized and they approved!

nicholasr likes this.
  50. kugun

kugun

I though this problem has already solved. Be sure you are using latest version of in-app purchase plug-ing.

Also what I did, tryied to hide my store site, or disable to button to store navigation until store is ready to use. I mean it is initialized. And in this point if initialization falls to OnInitializeFailed, log those error to my server side to be able to check myself and learn what was the reason and try to call UnityPurchasing.Initialize again.

Like @breban1 mentioned, on the tester note side, I told them store will be ready when it has initialized, and make sure them to wait for it.

nicholasr and breban1 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.