Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Closed] iOS purchase call fails sometimes with an unknown reason

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by I_Love_Misato, Dec 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I_Love_Misato

I_Love_Misato

Hello!

I am testing my game with Unity IAP and the purchase fails with the reason (PurchaseFailureReason.Unknown). Strange that this alternates with the successful purchases, like "success"-"failure"-"success"-"failure" etc. I'm sure that there are no problems with my own code because it works for Android. Could it be that this is a Unity IAP flaw, or there are the problems on the side of AppStore?

2. Baroni

Baroni

One customer reported this to me, and I was able to reproduce the exact same behavior. Every other purchase failed with reason 'Unknown'. Using Unity IAP 1.9.2.

Submitted bug #859138

Short description:

3. Baroni

Baroni

Further details from the email conversation I had:

- the problem is on iTunes Connect side, in particular due to the Sandbox testing. If the tester's account for testing via Sandbox was added after June 23, 2016, then it runs into the mentioned problem.
    - the issue does not occur on purchases only if the consumable product's price is more than $19.99.
    - It also works as expected by uploading an ipa file to iTunes Connect and testing via TestFlight under a real account.

Andrea_Marchetti and ap-unity like this.
  4. I_Love_Misato

I_Love_Misato

It works, thanks

5. registernplay

registernplay

I had meet similar problem and Apple guys rejected me everytime I submit my app , so how can I solve this :(

Thanks.

6. Daryl_1

Daryl_1

I've had experiance over the last few days of my in app purchasing purchasing being reduced by 50% on average since I updated the IAP and pushed to production on android version the the latest. Please can you link directly to the bug report? I can't find it and I'd like to follow this one, though I've rolled back the in app purchase version. I'd still like could formation that there was actually an issue

7. Baroni

Baroni

This thread is for iOS, not Android. I am not aware of any similar issues like this on Android at this time.

8. Andrea_Marchetti

Andrea_Marchetti

So then I can ignore this issues because in the distribution this problem will not exist?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.