Search Unity

[iOS] Grapple King - Quirky Ragdoll Swinging Fun

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Le-Clam-Burglar, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Le-Clam-Burglar

Le-Clam-Burglar

Hello fellow developers! After months of coding and designing, I've completed my latest game: Grapple King! It is an endless swinging game in which players try to reach as far as possible.

There's a simple one finger hold control scheme with physics based swinging so one can easily slowdown, accelerate and backtrack. It has over 50 unique characters to unlock at launch with their own special traits. I even implemented a night/day system with randomized levels for variety.

phone (3).png phone (4).png phone (5).png phone (6).png

Some light gameplay:

It feels so liberating to finally finish a project that you pour hours in and as always: I appreciate Unity3D for existing and the community for being so humbling. Plan on supporting it with updates in the coming months, but really excited to finish some prototypes I've been working on :D

Sent for review, but will eventually find it's way at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1162444717

2. itssethc

itssethc

Awesome job finishing your project!

Critiques I have are - less floppy animation, and a better rope model.

Le-Clam-Burglar likes this.
  3. Le-Clam-Burglar

Le-Clam-Burglar

- Thank you kindly! :) I agree with your criticisms for sure and hopefully I can address them in future updates! There actually are no animations in the game whatsoever, everything is naturally handled by physics with a ragdoll system that I coded!

Happy to say that Grapple King is now available on the app store for FREE! A week one update has just went live which makes the game easier, playthroughs more rewarding and coins are more valuable! Find it at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/grapple-king/id1162444717?mt=8

4. Le-Clam-Burglar

Le-Clam-Burglar

Happy New Years everyone! I'm pleased to say that a major update for Grapple King just went LIVE on the App Store! :)
    Many additions and changes have been made and some of these include:
    * A Power Up system with a bubble that shields damage and temporary invincibility!
    * Coin Magnets can be purchased with ingame coins!
    * 3 new characters have been added to celebrate the holidays! (It was submitted before Christmas, but couldn't make it in time unfortunately.)
    * Unlocking a new character has a special background with a color that varies with rarity!
    * Difficult obstacles are easier now!
    * Beating a high score will play a special effect now!
    * Multiple coins can spawn at once now! The better you do, the more you can collect!
    * Music has been added! You can mute it in the Options menu.
    * Ads appear less often!
    Phone (10).png
    Phone (7).png
    Phone (9).png
    Phone (8).png
    You can get it here: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1162444717