Search Unity

iOS Google VR Related Xcode build issues

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by dannyskim, Apr 25, 2017.

1. dannyskim

dannyskim

Getting the following linker errors when using Unity 5.6.0f3, xcode 8.3.2 (8E2002), and Google VR SDK 1.4.0.

Previously was using Unity 5.6.0b10 with previous version of Google VR SDK, had all tons of build issues with that to both Android and iOS as well.

I'm guessing this may be upgrade related as I upgrade to GVR 1.4.0 in the same project. Don't know about other people, but I've probably wasted over 20 hours debugging GVR related build issues.

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 4.09.04 PM.png

2. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

Looks like the audio library may be missing. Delete Google VR from your Unity project, re-import it and re-create you iOS project and try again.

3. dannyskim

dannyskim

Deleting Google VR from the project did not help.

I managed to figure it out myself. If you're in a similar scenario as myself and have upgraded to GVR SDK 1.4.0 from previous versions and are attempting to build to iOS, clear out your cached DerivedData for your xcode project, typically in:

/Users/<USER>/Library/Developer/Xcode

4. dannyskim

dannyskim

Build issues have been solved, but am now getting extremely odd behavior after utilizing LoadLevel on GVR SDK 1.4 and iOS specifically. The only output I get from xcode console is:

APP_NAMNE was compiled with optimization - stepping may behave oddly; variables may not be available.
    (lldb)

Only other debugger info I get is the usual assembly stuff, below is attached xcode stack trace:

Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 11.50.11 AM.png

The application goes through a very odd crash. After the scene is loaded, it does not progress, and all I can gather is that the audio continuously echoes shorter and shorter until there is no sound at all...

5. dannyskim

dannyskim

Anybody else have crashes upon scene load? This is happening on an iPhone 6+, not on any other platform. Even built to an iPad in scaled mode and it ran okay.

6. dannyskim

dannyskim

For additional context, I ran our VR application on an iPad in scaled mode, and the application ran through all of it's content without any crashing issues, through every single scene.

Granted, the iPad is on an older version of iOS (9.3.2), but I don't really have any additional cues on how to debug this given the fact that it runs fine on a different iOS device.

7. dannyskim

dannyskim

Any insights would be helpful. Bumping for the weekend.

8. Andy_Asad

Andy_Asad

Try disabling vr mode while switching between scenes.