Search Unity

ios development in Windows?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Arillius, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Arillius

Arillius

Is making apps on a windows machine for ios and android at the same time possible with unity/?

2. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

You can create the game in Unity on your Windows machine. When you want to test your game on your collection of iDevices you'l need to copy the Xcode project over to your Mac, and build the game there. There is no way to get the application running on the iDevices from a Windows machine.

3. Berir

Berir

Can you please explain this part "copy the Xcode project " where do I find it?
    should not you have the Xcode project only after you built it ? unless you mean you move it after you build it in windows?
    I find this so confusing...

do I build a game in windows version of Unity and then move the build/file onto Mac (the way is done in UDK)
    or do I have to move my whole project and then build a game whist on Mac

can you please clarify this

thank you so much in advance

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  4. DanielQuick

DanielQuick

Building the game in Unity on Windows will create an Xcode project. That Xcode project is what you will move to the mac.

5. xcaseyx

xcaseyx

you can rent a mac in the cloud, you can create an OS X virtual machine, you can barrow a friends, but at some point you will have to take your XCODE project and build it on the mac.

6. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

7. GMM

GMM

Unfortunately this, i hope that the Unity team will implement direct IPA building within Unity Windows like found in a few other Windows applications, it would speed it some aspects of development considerably, though the main goal should be to make an Xcode project.

You need some kind of OSX based system to compile the Unity project for iOS using Xcode.

8. ajaymishra

ajaymishra

Cannot agree more. Direct IPA Building is something that is extremely desirable at this point of time.

--------------
    Regards
    Ajay Mishra
    Webworld Experts Reviews

9. Cylon001

Cylon001

Hello, I have Windows PC and Iphone mobile device.
    I need to know if it's possible to test my app that I built in Unity on my Windows PC and test it on my Iphone device?

KAYUMIY likes this.
  10. KAYUMIY

KAYUMIY

What about Unity Remote 5 application. I used to test by using this app.

11. KAYUMIY

KAYUMIY

same question. Did you find solution for your problem? if so, can you share it with me please?

12. rushk1

rushk1