Search Unity

Input Fields - Can't type capital letters or symbols which require shift

Discussion in 'Linux' started by BarrettTech1, Jan 10, 2017.

1. BarrettTech1

BarrettTech1

Hi all. When typing text into any input field, I am unable to type any capital letters or symbols which require shift. Both shift buttons do not work and neither does caps lock.

Weirdly enough, this is only a problem on executable builds of games. There is no capitalization problem when running the game in the editor.

I've tested to see if the shift key just isn't getting picked up, but a standard Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.LeftShift) picks up events without any problems in the executable build.

Anyone seen this issue before? This seems to be a recent issue on our end after upgrading from 5.4.0f3 to 5.6.0b3. Issue has been tested in multiple projects and consistently shows up.

2. Tak

Tak

This is a regression with the Linux player in 5.6. We have a fix ready for the next beta.

3. BarrettTech1

BarrettTech1

Sounds good. Thank you very much!

4. unity_eBJu2WjirvcnYw

unity_eBJu2WjirvcnYw

Hi all. I have similar issue on Unity 2018.2.8f1. Cannot input some capital letters in input fields in Russian (English letters are ok). Both shift and caps lock don't work. What is really weird - SOME capital letters are entered and some are not. The problem is reproduced in Editor only and not on Android device. This issue was not present in 2017 Unity. Any ideas what is going on?

5. Tak

Tak

Could you file a bug report with an example of some letters that don't work?

6. unity_eBJu2WjirvcnYw

unity_eBJu2WjirvcnYw

Here's the list of russian capital letters, that don't work:
    Й К Е Н Г З В А П О Л Д Ж М И Б.
    To make things clear: I use a standard input field, no modifications, filters and so on. English language is ok, russian lower case is ok. Other russian capital letters, except those listed are ok. When tested on Android device - all letters are ok. The problem is reproduced only in Editor and for those letters, that I listed. But I didn't test other languages, except russian and english.

7. reev4eg

reev4eg

Same problem on 2018.2 (Windows), @Tak could you comment it?

8. DaniyarGilymov

DaniyarGilymov

I'm having the same issue, who know the solution? @Tak @reev4eg

9. thobin

thobin

Is this what is effecting the shift not working with Pro Builder?