Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[InfinityPBR] Medusa Pack PBR - Texture Customization, Rig & Painter Source Files & More

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by infinitypbr, Mar 28, 2017.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Texture Customization | Sound Effects | Concept Art | Re-Mixable Custom Music | Source Files

Unity Asset Store - Preferred Method
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/top/assets/86643

InfinityPBR.com
    https://www.InfinityPBR.com/?pack=medusa

Download Mac Demo | Download Windows Demo
    The Medusa Pack PBR features two individual Medusa models. One has a Serpentine tail, similar to the Serpent Warrior Pack PBR, while the other is fully human...aside from the snakes on her head. Masterfully rigged and animated, this package includes the Maya rig, Substance Designer & Painter source files, Textures Customization & a whole lot more.​

Texture Customization
    Take control of the models, and make them match your project. Use the included Substance Painter source files to create custom textures in minutes, exported to work with Unity using a single click. Works with HDRP and non-HDRP projects!

Of course if you don't have any interest in creating your own textures, I often ship my packs with multiple texture options that are ready to be used out of the box. If you sign up at InfinityPBR.com there may be more downloads availalbe for free.

Mesh Morphing
    (Coming Soon)
    Blend Shapes give you the power to change the physical mesh of the model, often creating characters that look very different from the default. Our editor script will expose specific Blend Shapes in the Inspector, with sliders to change the values. You can even code the changes. That means your players can customize the mesh of their character, or spawned enemies can be given random values so each is different from the next.

Sound Effects
    We include sound effects to go with the animations. These are created by sound designers specifically for Medusa Pack PBR, often using practical foley recordings. We often include variations, so each time the sound is triggered, a script will randomly choose one of the variations to play. And sometimes we include multiple layers of audio, so you can mix and match and create the right effect for your game.

The included script makes it easy to play clips & loops called via Aniamtion Events or other trigger methods. Options include multiple clips (randomly chosen), volume levels & modifications for volume by velocity, as well as the ability to play clips only some of the time. This way, for example, enemies can grunt during their idle loop, but only as often as you want them to.

Re-Mixable Custom Music
    A composer has creates original tracks to accompany these packs. Some tracks are more like Theme Music, while others are more Ambient, or anywhere in between. Music is always included in layers. Each stem, often a single instrument, can be used in the Unity Audio Mixer so you can create your own mixes. The Demo scene will include a selection of Snapshots ready to be used, as well as scripts showing how you can modify the sound during gameplay.

The music can now adapt to your game. Fade to another snapshot based on in-game variables such as Player Health, Time Remaining or whether the game is Paused or not. While a Composers Mix is always included if you do not want to mix your own tracks, we urge you to try it out. The power you have is insane.

This video showcases 20 second clips from each of the included game-ready mixes. You can create your own mixes quickly and easily, and export them into .wav files with a single click!

Concept Art
    You know what often separates the AAA studios from you? Their advertising channels are full of concept art, and yours isn't. As far as I know, there are no other Asset Store packages that include Concept Art. Using this, you can populate your website, Steam page, Facebook feed, Twitter, with compelling artwork to excite your fans before you have a game to show.

At least 3 images are provided in both PNG & Photoshop format. The Photoshop files are layered, so you can turn on/off body parts and armor whenever possible, or modify the color or look for some layers but not others. These images are ultra high resolution.

Animations
    Realistic animations are important. I don't know about you, but when I swing a bat real hard, my whole body moves. So if a character swings their sword, I think their whole body should move too. The world they live in may be fantasy, but we work to make sure that the perceived physics of the animations are realistic and highly detailed, including facial & wardrobe animation when possible.

• Attack 1 x2
    • Attack 2 x2
    • Attack 3 x2
    • Death x2
    • Dodge x2
    • Got Hit x2
    • Idle Break x2
    • Idle x2
    • Taunt x2
    • Walk Backward x2
    • Walk Forward x2

Weapon & Wardrobe
    The Medusa Pack PBR features some killer gear as well. The included sword comes with two unique textures, fully customizable. For wardrobe, we include a cloth outfit reminiscent, loosely, of ancient Greece, as well as a leather armor outfit. Each body type works with the same clothing, although the Serpent body doesn't include clothing below the waist.

The Armor features 3 base textures, all of which can be fully customizable in the Unity editor. Substance Painter files are included for wardrobe & weapons.

Source Files
    Animation Rig | Substance Painter | Substance Designer
    The Animation Rig is provided in, usually, Maya or 3DS Max format, and can be used to create new animantions that better suit your project.

Whenever possible, Substance Painter project files are included so those who know the program can drastically re-texture the models. In some cases, re-textureing may be more difficult due to limitations in Painter or because the original texture was not created in Painter.

All of our Customizable Textures are created in Substance Painter. If you'd like, you can go into the source file and learn how we did it, or tweak settings to better suit your needs.

Please note: Source Files do not give you license to share or sell the animations or textures you create. If you're a highly skilled artist and interesetd in sharing or selling your work to the InfinityPBR community as add-on packages, please contact me.

YouTube Videos

This is the demo scene, featuring both Medusa bodies, all the animations & the included textures. Of course you can customize your own textures, but there's so much here, you may not even want to!

About Infinity PBR
    I made a 30+ hour RPG using all Asset Store artwork. Without the Asset Store, that would have been impossible, and I am forever grateful for the artists who published their work. But I wanted more. I wanted more than just a few texture types. I wanted audio specific to the animations -- and I wanted animations that were realistic. I wanted the ability to change the look of my creatures, and dress my characters in a variety of clothing. And I wanted all of that wardrobe to be itself customizable. I wanted high quality PBR mateirials.

Infinty PBR includes work from over a dozen artists, each specializing in their specific area.

My goal is to provide you with packages that are more than what you've ever been exposed to before. Concept Art to help you market your work, Mesh Morphing & Texture Customization to keep things exciting in your game while also helping differentiate your game from others who use the same Asset Store packs. Animations & Sound Effects that feel real and bring characters to life. Music that can be adapted to fit the mood of your game, your scene, and your players.

If you think what I'm doing is valuable, I urge you to subscribe to all of my work. You can sign up at InfinityPBR.com, and you can choose to get all new characters for just $30, the day they're released. You get a huge discount, often over 50%, and I get a budget to work with. If enough of you sign up, I'll not only be able to continue making more character & environment packs, but I'll be able to contract with more high quality artists to produce everything faster, add more animations, more wardrobe and all that. Thank you for your support!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Not only can you customize the textures inside Unity, but I'm providing multiple textures for various things -- there are two base sword textures created in Substance Painter, and three armor textures, for instance. Every part, though, can then be customized in Unity!

Thoronnim_Crystalia likes this.
  3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

4. Thoronnim_Crystalia

Thoronnim_Crystalia

Great! Great! Great!

So now, we have to wait just the MeshMorphing update, because we are going to use it a lot via scripting.

infinitypbr likes this.
  5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Medusa now has Concept Art! You can download it now at http://www.InfinityPBR.com

These 6 ultra high-res images are intended to be used in your marketing materials, including your steam page and website. They're layered whenever possible so you can customize the wardrobe and modify things in photoshop as you see fit.

6. Thoronnim_Crystalia

Thoronnim_Crystalia

Really wonderful!

infinitypbr likes this.
  7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Medusa Pack PBR now has Sound Effects!

8. Thoronnim_Crystalia

Thoronnim_Crystalia

As always, great job!

I have just a question: does exist an idle animation without sword?

If no, can I add it to the model like a usual biped character?

Thank you.

infinitypbr likes this.
  9. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

No that animation doesn't exist out of the box, but the human version is humanoid, so any other human animation should work. For the serpentine version, creating a mask for the upper body should allow humanoid animations to work, but you'll likely want to play with the combinations of those vs the rest of the body, perhaps masking just the arms.

10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

11. luis29vm

luis29vm

12. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

13. luis29vm

luis29vm

No, Is in normal scene :( I purchase all ready some assets from you and all very nice, Im not try the other yet but I hope not have same Problem :(

14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Can you show it happening in the demo scene? I really have no idea what could be causing such massive glitching. I've not seen that type of effect in my stuff or really in any other models/aniamations in Unity, so I'm not really sure how to figure out what's wrong.

Andrew

15. Thoronnim_Crystalia

Thoronnim_Crystalia

Hi Andrew,

I'm contacting you because the link MedusaPackPBR_SubstancePainter.zip in the download area of Medusa Pack of InfinityPBR site seems broken (the labels seems the concatenation of two strings as well...)

The link gives back the following XML error message:
    Code - NoSuchKey
    Message - The specified key does not exist.

The key seems to be MedusaPackPBR_SubstancePainter.zipMedusaPackPBR.unitypackage - as shown in the XML - and just this could be the problem... it is looking for a file with this name and it does not exist obviously...

The error can be reproduced through the following link:
    http://www.infinitypbr.com/downloadFile.php?downloadID=429

Please, let me know when it is fixed.
    Thank you again for your great work! Bye

infinitypbr likes this.
  16. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Whoops looks like I didn't replace the text in the field, just added to it. It should be fixed. I'm unable to check it as I'm on my phone but it looks like te right File name now

17. Thoronnim_Crystalia

Thoronnim_Crystalia

ehm... sorry but I'm still facing the error... :(

I cannot download the MedusaPackPBR_SubstancePainter.zip file...

18. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I've reset the download count, as that could have been all used up w/ the wrong filename.

19. Thoronnim_Crystalia

Thoronnim_Crystalia

Ah, yes, perfect! You're right, now I was able to download it... Thank you again.

infinitypbr likes this.
  20. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Music is now available for the Medusa Pack PBR!

21. Dhoren

Dhoren

I just took a look at the changes you made to the Madusa Pack. Absolutely stunning. Great job. I love it!

22. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Glad you like it!!