Search Unity

[InfinityPBR.com] Spiders Pack PBR - Customization, Audio, Concept Art & More! + Source Files

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by infinitypbr, Dec 29, 2016.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Texture Customization | Sound Effects | Concept Art | Re-Mixable Custom Music | Source Files

Part of PBR Monster Pack #4. Get Spiders Pack PBR and the following and save...
    Bats Pack PBR | Gazer Pack PBR | Golems Pack PBR

Unity Asset Store - Preferred Method
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/top/assets/79409

InfinityPBR.com
    https://www.InfinityPBR.com/?pack=spiders

Download Mac Demo | Download Windows Demo
    Spiders Pack PBR features three fully animated Spider characters. Resize in editor to create Small, Medium & Large spiders -- each one is designed to be different enough from the others so players know they're unique.

Further, customize the Textures in editor to create unique looks that work perfectly for your game.​

Texture Customization
    Take control of the models, and make them match your project. Use the included Substance Painter source files to create custom textures in minutes, exported to work with Unity using a single click. Works with HDRP and non-HDRP projects!

Of course if you don't have any interest in creating your own textures, I often ship my packs with multiple texture options that are ready to be used out of the box. If you sign up at InfinityPBR.com there may be more downloads availalbe for free.

Mesh Morphing
    (Coming Soon)
    Blend Shapes give you the power to change the physical mesh of the model, often creating characters that look very different from the default. Our editor script will expose specific Blend Shapes in the Inspector, with sliders to change the values. You can even code the changes. That means your players can customize the mesh of their character, or spawned enemies can be given random values so each is different from the next.

Sound Effects
    We include sound effects to go with the animations. These are created by sound designers specifically for Spiders Pack PBR, often using practical foley recordings. We often include variations, so each time the sound is triggered, a script will randomly choose one of the variations to play. And sometimes we include multiple layers of audio, so you can mix and match and create the right effect for your game.

The included script makes it easy to play clips & loops called via Aniamtion Events or other trigger methods. Options include multiple clips (randomly chosen), volume levels & modifications for volume by velocity, as well as the ability to play clips only some of the time. This way, for example, enemies can grunt during their idle loop, but only as often as you want them to.

Re-Mixable Custom Music
    A composer has creates original tracks to accompany these packs. Some tracks are more like Theme Music, while others are more Ambient, or anywhere in between. Music is always included in layers. Each stem, often a single instrument, can be used in the Unity Audio Mixer so you can create your own mixes. The Demo scene will include a selection of Snapshots ready to be used, as well as scripts showing how you can modify the sound during gameplay.

The music can now adapt to your game. Fade to another snapshot based on in-game variables such as Player Health, Time Remaining or whether the game is Paused or not. While a Composers Mix is always included if you do not want to mix your own tracks, we urge you to try it out. The power you have is insane.

This video showcases 20 second clips from each of the included game-ready mixes. You can create your own mixes quickly and easily, and export them into .wav files with a single click!

Concept Art
    You know what often separates the AAA studios from you? Their advertising channels are full of concept art, and yours isn't. As far as I know, there are no other Asset Store packages that include Concept Art. Using this, you can populate your website, Steam page, Facebook feed, Twitter, with compelling artwork to excite your fans before you have a game to show.

At least 3 images are provided in both PNG & Photoshop format. The Photoshop files are layered, so you can turn on/off body parts and armor whenever possible, or modify the color or look for some layers but not others. These images are ultra high resolution.

Animations
    Realistic animations are important. I don't know about you, but when I swing a bat real hard, my whole body moves. So if a character swings their sword, I think their whole body should move too. The world they live in may be fantasy, but we work to make sure that the perceived physics of the animations are realistic and highly detailed, including facial & wardrobe animation when possible.

• Attack 1
    • Attack 2
    • Cast
    • Death 1
    • Death 2
    • Dodge
    • Idle
    • Idle Break
    • Jump Back
    • Jump Left
    • Jump Right
    • Taunt
    • Turn Left
    • Turn Right
    • Walk Backward
    • Walk Forward

Custom Fur Shader
    This package includes my custom "Hair & Fur" shader, which provides a very pleasing fur effect, customizable to your own tastes.

Source Files
    Substance Painter | Substance Designer
    Whenever possible, Substance Painter project files are included so those who know the program can drastically re-texture the models. In some cases, re-textureing may be more difficult due to limitations in Painter or because the original texture was not created in Painter.

All of our Customizable Textures are created in Substance Painter. If you'd like, you can go into the source file and learn how we did it, or tweak settings to better suit your needs.

Please note: Source Files do not give you license to share or sell the animations or textures you create. If you're a highly skilled artist and interesetd in sharing or selling your work to the InfinityPBR community as add-on packages, please contact me.

YouTube Videos

This is the demo of the Demo Scene, included with the package. We go through animations (with audio) & the texture customization.

About Infinity PBR
    I made a 30+ hour RPG using all Asset Store artwork. Without the Asset Store, that would have been impossible, and I am forever grateful for the artists who published their work. But I wanted more. I wanted more than just a few texture types. I wanted audio specific to the animations -- and I wanted animations that were realistic. I wanted the ability to change the look of my creatures, and dress my characters in a variety of clothing. And I wanted all of that wardrobe to be itself customizable. I wanted high quality PBR mateirials.

Infinty PBR includes work from over a dozen artists, each specializing in their specific area.

My goal is to provide you with packages that are more than what you've ever been exposed to before. Concept Art to help you market your work, Mesh Morphing & Texture Customization to keep things exciting in your game while also helping differentiate your game from others who use the same Asset Store packs. Animations & Sound Effects that feel real and bring characters to life. Music that can be adapted to fit the mood of your game, your scene, and your players.

If you think what I'm doing is valuable, I urge you to subscribe to all of my work. You can sign up at InfinityPBR.com, and you can choose to get all new characters for just $30, the day they're released. You get a huge discount, often over 50%, and I get a budget to work with. If enough of you sign up, I'll not only be able to continue making more character & environment packs, but I'll be able to contract with more high quality artists to produce everything faster, add more animations, more wardrobe and all that. Thank you for your support!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    chelnok likes this.
  2. tchris

tchris

Wow this spider looks fantastic. Well done.

infinitypbr likes this.
  3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks!! :D I think they look quite scary, and I'd love to see someone post a VR video :D

4. Dhoren

Dhoren

Wow, these things are scary. They don't just sit still, the idle animation makes them look very much alive and the sounds they make are realistically creepy. Extremely well done. Thank you!
    Spider.png

tchris and infinitypbr like this.
  5. tchris

tchris

Here's a screenshot. It doesn't even do it justice compared to seeing the spider in action.
    spider.png

TeagansDad, infinitypbr and Dhoren like this.
  6. BornGodsGame

BornGodsGame

Amazing work. These are creepy as hell.

infinitypbr and TeagansDad like this.
  7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Love the screenshots!!

Concept Art is Now Available! Download it now at InfinityPBR.com

Dhoren likes this.
  8. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

9. Sovogal

Sovogal

These guys look great already. I can't wait to see the blend shapes.

10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Now includes full audio! Listen in the new demo here:

11. Dhoren

Dhoren

I really like the animation sounds, thanks much.

infinitypbr likes this.
  12. Sovogal

Sovogal

A humble request I ask you to consider:

Would it be possible to get an animation for the spider where it hangs from its spinneret then comes to rest on its legs? This might be considered a "spawn" animation.

infinitypbr likes this.
  13. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

It's possible in the future. I generally try to stick with only the "Primary" animations, since each additional animation costs more. But in the future, lots is possible.

14. BornGodsGame

BornGodsGame

Try Skele, neat tool that allows you to adjust animations really quickly.

15. Sovogal

Sovogal

Good tip. I have it but I'm super bad at anything remotely visual. I can tweak, though.

16. BornGodsGame

BornGodsGame

Have to share this funny story. Awhile ago i did exactly what you are doing. I had a spider, and I did a little animation where it falls from the cave ceiling, rotates on the way down, then goes into idle mode on the ground. So I am in my main game scene, get it all set up. Do the prefab and move on.

A few months later, I am working on lighting transitions, basically making sure the sunlight fades out when you go into caves to prevent artifacts and flickering, so I am in game, and I run into a cave, totally concentrating on watching the light transition... and all of a sudden this huge spider drops out of the ceiling that I completely forgot about.. scared the crap out of myself in my own game.

tchris and infinitypbr like this.
  17. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Was it VR? That'd be even scarier!

18. BornGodsGame

BornGodsGame

haha, no.. but first person.

I don´t even want to think about what gaming will be like in a few years when there are some major RPGs with VR. Seriously, your spiders already creep me out just in FPS mode.

infinitypbr likes this.
  19. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Spiders Pack PBR now features Source Files! Currently you can download the Substance Designer & Substance Painter files from http://www.InfinityPBR.com

20. xGeekDad

xGeekDad

Thanks for adding the source files for the Spiders!

I got a voucher today and wrote a VERY MUCH DESERVED - 5 star review of this package.

Keep up the great work!

Greg

infinitypbr likes this.
  21. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks!! :D

22. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Coming soon: Spiders Pack PBR, Texture Set 2 Add-On.

3 brand new textures, one for each spider, fully customizable in the editor. Includes Substance Designer & Substance Painter source files for the ultimate in customization.

23. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Spiders Pack PBR now has music included for free! It's in-editor-re-mixable, so you can use the 10 included versions or create your own custom music :)

24. taralees

taralees

I Bought the Spider Pack from your website ...Do you have a Video Tutorial for the spider ? Thank you

25. taralees

taralees

I bought This Spider package from your website and I have yet to get it to work.... Do you have a Video Tutorial
    Thank you so much

26. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hi! First ,thanks for supporting my work!

Which part are you having trouble with? I have videos for pretty much all the parts, but spread about between the characters. There's too many videos for any reasonable person to sift through on my youtube, but let me know which aspect you'd like more info on and I'll find the video or make one for you :D

27. taralees

taralees

Hello..
    I need as much Information on the Spider PBR Pack . We put it in to Unity and we do not understand how to control the different parts like you show in the Video. We are also looking to buy the Weeper - Anubis - Worm - Plant - Eyeball

Thank you for the Help...

28. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Well, the demo scene that comes with the package has all the movement logic that you see in the demo video -- the video is just of the demo scene.

If you click the buttons in the scene view, you can see in the inspector how I call each animation. The animator attached to the spider can be used in games to control it as well.

29. taralees

taralees

what File has

What File has the Demo scene in it ...I miss something .....? That I can not find

30. taralees

taralees

ok I go into Unity and select the File SFB Spiders > Prefabs > and I see Spider 1 DEMO - Spider 2 DEMO - Spider 3 DEMO and I click on one of them and nothing happens when I Press the play Key in Unity

31. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Assets/SFBayStudios/Demo Scenes/Spider Demo

32. taralees

taralees

Does not look like I have that file
    mine says SFBayStudios/SFB Spiders - ( No Demo scenes )

I bought the Spider PBR Pack from you website

33. taralees

taralees

This is what I have

Attached Files:

34. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Weird -- sorry about that!
    http://www.infinitypbr.com/files/SpidersDemo.unitypackage

Try that file, it's just the demo scenes, but it should work.

You're actually missing a lot of files that are under Assets/SFBayStudios

I'm re-exporting and uploading the package to my site, and will do the same to the Asset Store in case that is missing them too. Please accept my apologies and download the package again, it should have everything this time.

Andrew

35. taralees

taralees

Hello Andrew,
    Just wondering if you had a chance to update the Spider PBR Pack on your site ?

Thanks

Jody

36. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yep, the file was replaced last night. It's the same link / filename, it should be just a bit larger in size than the previous one.

37. taralees

taralees

Hey ...
    Thank you for all the help...
    Question ... How do I get the Spiders that I make to walk in place and Run in place
    we are using an AI system that controls the spider which we need the spider and all of our models to walk in place and run in place ...

Thanks

Jody

38. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hi Jody -- I think if yo select the spider, in the "Animator" component of the Inspector, uncheck "Apply Root Motion". That should work, I think.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 7.37.06 PM.png

39. taralees

taralees

hey
    ok cool..
    what about getting the spider to run ?....

40. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

41. taralees

taralees

Ok Thank you ...
    O one last thing ...
    I notice that in some of your other Video's you have a ( Save to Prefab ) ...and this one doesn't
    So how do I make a Prefab out of the spider I make .... ?

Again thanks so much for the help

42. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I removed that. The Spiders don't yet have mesh morphing, but for those that do (and in the future, when the spiders have it), the best way to deal with saving the results is in the inspector.

43. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

BookOfTheDead1.jpg
    I've put the Spiders into the "Book of the Dead" :)

44. taralees

taralees

45. taralees

taralees

anyone know where to find the Videos so I can use my assets ...And there is NO PDFs with the Packages ..I have bought 3 or 4 of them and I see nothing as far as a PDF...

46. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hi there,
    I stopped including PDFs a couple years ago, as it was just very very tedious to update them, and often people wouldn't have the latest version, as the updated files wouldn't always update with new downloads from the store.

I have a bunch of tutorials here. If you need more help, though, please let me know.

47. hungrybelome

hungrybelome

Hi, do you think this pack will be included in a Monster Pack in the future?

48. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yes, there's a "Cave Creatures Pack" that's being slowly populated. It would have the Golems, Bats, and Spiders + one more.

However, it's been taking so long to get each monster done, I may need to rethink this. Originally I decided to pack the monster packs in more themed packs -- "Cave Monster Pack", "Dungeon Monster Pack", "Hell Creatures Pack", "Monsters of Myth Pack" etc. However, I want 4 per package, and they're spread out -- two of them have 3 characters, and just waiting on the 4th. So maybe going back to Monster Pack #4, 5, 6 etc would be better.

49. hungrybelome

hungrybelome

Ah I see. I want a number of your packs now (Devil, Spider, etc.), but I was hesitant to buy in case they would be packaged in a set which would offer a better deal. I understand that I can buy some of the packs in advance now via your site, but then I don't get the 20% Unity Pro discount. Do you think your future "Cave" set will be discounted for people who own the individual packs? Thanks!

50. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Ah yes, the 20% does throw a wrench into things huh!

I need to finish the cave set .. .it's been MIA for a bit. It'll be a stand-alone, but likely won't be too expensive, as it will be missing a lot of "add-on" stuff that other cave packs have. I think it'll be the best caves out there, though, but won't have things like ivy, too many gems, etc. If that makes sense :D