Search Unity

[InfinityPBR.com] Fantasy Concept Art Packs

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by infinitypbr, Jan 2, 2017.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

In all of my Infinity PBR (http://www.InfinityPBR.com) models, I add concept art. I realize that some developers could use the art but not the models, so these packs are now available. All of the artwork can be found in the character packages, but if you only want the 2d Concept art, here you go!

The art work (each character has at least 3 images, sometimes 6), comes in ultra high resolution Photoshop and PNG formats. The Photoshop files are layered as often as possible to allow for more customization, including the ability to turn on/off body parts, wardrobe, particles & more.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    Rajmahal, Xepherys and TeagansDad like this.
  2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'm saving this spot for later.

3. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

The package is missing the dragon images. Can you please add them?

4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Sorry about that! There's a solo-download link now available at InfinityPBR.com

5. JessieK

JessieK

Sorry for the odd question, did you ever hire someone called Hsiao Yen Chen, only they are using some of these images on there art station and looking for work, I wanted to know if this was a trick or not, best to go right to the source!

infinitypbr likes this.
  6. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yep, she's the artist!! :) she does great work, is very punctual and communicative, even half the world away.

When I first started finding others to work with, I booked a middler and an animator. This was nearly 2 years ago. And I found the same thing in both of their portfolios, and assumed one was playing games. But turns out even though they're both from different areas, they had each worked on the same model for another client. Somewhat of a small world I think :)

7. JessieK

JessieK

Awesome to hear! I'm curious why she wasn't credited anywhere on your site for the work though? As I did look around there for a bit before making any assumptions, no credit means she's likely to have people like me notice the matching art work and have us assume she didn't produce it.

8. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

There's a "Contributors" tab on each character/pack, but it's up to the contributors to put themselves on it, link to their work, and all that. Some haven't do so yet, and I'm not sure why.

9. JessieK

JessieK

Ah okay, well that's good to know, I did check the contributor tab but couldn't find this person hence my question, thanks for clearing everything up! Have a good one the packs looks awesome!

10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks, and thanks for saying something! I have a feeling that there's a decent amount of art theft going around and it's good to know some people check up when they see something that may be fishy.

11. j-oso

j-oso

Hi, I was wondering if the concept art can be used outside of the defined criteria (Marketing or Game use). Could I use it to create other sellable merchandise? Not reselling the art work but using it as the center piece of another commercial product (t-shirt, poster, etc.).

infinitypbr likes this.
  12. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

That's an interesting question. I know the official Asset Store TOS don't allow for that -- like, you can't use a 3D model for 3D Printed toys, and you can't use a 2D art work as a poster.

However, if it relates to your game, I wouldn't have any issue with a poster or shirt, so long as it's a shirt or poster about your game, rather than about the art work. Does that make sense? If the logo of your game incorporates some of the concept art, that would be perfectly fine.

Just remember that the art isn't exclusive, so others may end up making practically the same thing with their logo :)

13. j-oso

j-oso

OK, thanks! One more question. The TOS indicates the assets can be used for games or interactive media. I create dynamic themes for the PS4 (I consider them interactive media). Some are based on a game I'm publishing but some are just independent products (not related to a game). I was thinking I would love to use some of this concept art in one of those independent dynamic themes but I figure it is better to ask before purchasing.

infinitypbr likes this.
  14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Good question -- let me ask the asset store people. I"m not familiar with the PS4 ecosystem.

15. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

They said: "If it were a dynamic theme for PS4 or something similar as in a theme to an interactive menu, that would be considered 'Interactive media'"
    So I think that means yes :)

16. j-oso

j-oso

Fantastic! Yes it would be dynamic. I am also happy to credit the artwork to your company as well on the PlayStation 4 Store page for the final product (unless you prefer I don't). I think the artwork is awesome!

infinitypbr likes this.
  17. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The credit is always welcome :)

18. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

I'm interested to know if the package features any action poses of the characters that would support many of the action angles for the creatures. For example, the dragons soaring down, is there any poses of actions that could be coupled with those dragon poses to give the impression of interaction? That's a question from the artist doing advertising art on my project.

19. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

All the poses are shown -- they're in transparent layers, so its easy to move them about, but the poses are otherwise static. I'm sure they can be morphed by someone who knows photoshop.

20. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

Thanks for the reply. Will be getting these soon!

infinitypbr likes this.
  21. vivecuervo7

vivecuervo7

Wow. So, I've been working on a CCG for a long time now, pinching work from DeviantArt to use as place holder graphics. Finally at the stage to upload an alpha release to Play Store, so I bought some rather cartoonish replacement graphics, so it'd be commercially safe.

I stumbled across these two packs yesterday, and they're fantastic. Replaced all my current graphics with them, and uploaded my alpha release. I absolutely love your work, having the clothing layered is such a great idea.

If you have any other work laying around, of a similar theme, or know of any other sources similar to your work, I'd be very interested!

infinitypbr likes this.
  22. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks!

I make these for all of my characters, so over time more will come up and I'll put up more groups of them solo for those who don't want 3d models but do want these.

vivecuervo7 likes this.
  23. vivecuervo7

vivecuervo7

No, thank you. Really. This is the first time I feel like I have everything I need to get a game out there, now I just need to start working hard!

Just wanted to let you know that there is definitely at least one person who will snap up any more packs like this. Have a great day!

infinitypbr likes this.
  24. zombie-walker

zombie-walker

Hi, I am interesting in this product. Just wondering are these concept has transparent background?

25. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yes, they do

26. jbonio1992

jbonio1992

Hi there. Great work on the assets. I'm just trying to puzzle something out in regards to usage rights - you seem to be implying that purchase comes with some kind of tacit license to create physical media ("use for packaging") however this is contravened by the Asset Store TOS. I see above you sort of answered this question in regards to the creation of tie-in media (t-shirts etc) but that's a long way from confirming if you're selling any kind of right to create physical products using the assets. Is the purchaser free to use this asset to create physical media, or not? Thanks!

27. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Ultimately, you'll be fine -- I'll send a PM with more details

28. Laverno

Laverno

Hi!
    Your artwork seems amazing! I plan to buy the packs and use some art in my CCG game but I wonder : how many arts does the pack provide ? For example, does the "Weeper Pack" zip file contain only the three arts presented in your overview, or more ? Sorry if it sounds dumb, but I didn't find the information elsewhere ...

infinitypbr likes this.
  29. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yes, just the three presented there. Whenever possible they are in layers, so you can remove some things -- most often wardrobe, or spikes or effects etc.

30. LordRiton

LordRiton

Hi,

I love your artwork ! I'm rather new to Asset Stores, and i would like to know if i can use those 2 concept art packs to create a commercial "Dungeon master" / "Eye of the Beholder" kind of game i'm doing. I need a lot of 2D monster art for encounters and fighting them, and those packs just look great to be used for me. So would that be free of royalties, once i purchased the 2 packs ? Even if i land a big hit with my game ? :p

Oh, and do you know if i can use the art with my "old" Photoshop 7.0 ?

Thank you.

infinitypbr likes this.
  31. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Glad you like my work! Yes, they should work with older photoshops :)

For the game, yes you can use my work in your commercial games :D

32. ZebraTech

ZebraTech

Hello, did you generate all of these images yourself or were they downloaded from ArtBreeder? Have they been modified from ArtBreeder?

Thanks