Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[InfinityPBR.com] Devils Pack PBR - Music/SFX/Concept Art/Customzation/Mesh Morphing • On Sale Now

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by infinitypbr, Sep 26, 2016.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Texture Customization | Mesh Morphing | Sound Effects | Concept Art | Re-Mixable Custom Music | Source Files

Part of PBR Monster Pack #5. Get Devils Pack PBR and the following and save...
    Demons Pack PBR | Imp Pack PBR | Demoness Pack PBR

Unity Asset Store - Preferred Method
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/top/assets/72390

InfinityPBR.com
    https://www.InfinityPBR.com/?pack=devil

Download Mac Demo | Download Windows Demo
    The Devils Pack PBR is a monster of a package. It features 3 Body designs, 3 unique Heads & 4 Horn options, including the option of no horns at all. The wardrobe set is large, with many ways of customizing the selection to create a vast array of Devil characters. Devils also comes with two custom Swords.​

Texture Customization
    Take control of the models, and make them match your project. Use the included Substance Painter source files to create custom textures in minutes, exported to work with Unity using a single click. Works with HDRP and non-HDRP projects!

Of course if you don't have any interest in creating your own textures, I often ship my packs with multiple texture options that are ready to be used out of the box. If you sign up at InfinityPBR.com there may be more downloads availalbe for free.

Mesh Morphing
    Blend Shapes give you the power to change the physical mesh of the model, often creating characters that look very different from the default. Our editor script will expose specific Blend Shapes in the Inspector, with sliders to change the values. You can even code the changes. That means your players can customize the mesh of their character, or spawned enemies can be given random values so each is different from the next.

Sound Effects
    We include sound effects to go with the animations. These are created by sound designers specifically for Devils Pack PBR, often using practical foley recordings. We often include variations, so each time the sound is triggered, a script will randomly choose one of the variations to play. And sometimes we include multiple layers of audio, so you can mix and match and create the right effect for your game.

The included script makes it easy to play clips & loops called via Aniamtion Events or other trigger methods. Options include multiple clips (randomly chosen), volume levels & modifications for volume by velocity, as well as the ability to play clips only some of the time. This way, for example, enemies can grunt during their idle loop, but only as often as you want them to.

Re-Mixable Custom Music
    A composer has creates original tracks to accompany these packs. Some tracks are more like Theme Music, while others are more Ambient, or anywhere in between. Music is always included in layers. Each stem, often a single instrument, can be used in the Unity Audio Mixer so you can create your own mixes. The Demo scene will include a selection of Snapshots ready to be used, as well as scripts showing how you can modify the sound during gameplay.

The music can now adapt to your game. Fade to another snapshot based on in-game variables such as Player Health, Time Remaining or whether the game is Paused or not. While a Composers Mix is always included if you do not want to mix your own tracks, we urge you to try it out. The power you have is insane.

This video showcases 20 second clips from each of the included game-ready mixes. You can create your own mixes quickly and easily, and export them into .wav files with a single click!

Concept Art
    You know what often separates the AAA studios from you? Their advertising channels are full of concept art, and yours isn't. As far as I know, there are no other Asset Store packages that include Concept Art. Using this, you can populate your website, Steam page, Facebook feed, Twitter, with compelling artwork to excite your fans before you have a game to show.

At least 3 images are provided in both PNG & Photoshop format. The Photoshop files are layered, so you can turn on/off body parts and armor whenever possible, or modify the color or look for some layers but not others. These images are ultra high resolution.

Animations
    Realistic animations are important. I don't know about you, but when I swing a bat real hard, my whole body moves. So if a character swings their sword, I think their whole body should move too. The world they live in may be fantasy, but we work to make sure that the perceived physics of the animations are realistic and highly detailed, including facial & wardrobe animation when possible.

• Attack 1
    • Attack 2
    • Attack 3
    • Attack 4
    • Cast Loop
    • Death
    • Dodge
    • Got Hit
    • Idle
    • Idle Break
    • Jump Left
    • Jump Right
    • Scream
    • Taunt
    • Walk Backward
    • Walk Forward

Source Files
    Animation Rig | Substance Painter | Substance Designer
    The Animation Rig is provided in, usually, Maya or 3DS Max format, and can be used to create new animantions that better suit your project.

Whenever possible, Substance Painter project files are included so those who know the program can drastically re-texture the models. In some cases, re-textureing may be more difficult due to limitations in Painter or because the original texture was not created in Painter.

All of our Customizable Textures are created in Substance Painter. If you'd like, you can go into the source file and learn how we did it, or tweak settings to better suit your needs.

Please note: Source Files do not give you license to share or sell the animations or textures you create. If you're a highly skilled artist and interesetd in sharing or selling your work to the InfinityPBR community as add-on packages, please contact me.

YouTube Videos

The Devils Pack PBR comes with an insane amount of customization options. The "Copy This To That" and "Mass Exporter" tools, found in the "Texture Customization" scene included with the package make it very easy to create completely new looks for the texture.

With one click you can then export game-ready materials & textures.

This video walks you through creating a new look for the skin & the armor.

This is the Demo scene, featuring Mesh Morphing, Texture Customization, Animation, Sound Effects & Music. It's kind of insane how much stuff there is in this package :)

About Infinity PBR
    I made a 30+ hour RPG using all Asset Store artwork. Without the Asset Store, that would have been impossible, and I am forever grateful for the artists who published their work. But I wanted more. I wanted more than just a few texture types. I wanted audio specific to the animations -- and I wanted animations that were realistic. I wanted the ability to change the look of my creatures, and dress my characters in a variety of clothing. And I wanted all of that wardrobe to be itself customizable. I wanted high quality PBR mateirials.

Infinty PBR includes work from over a dozen artists, each specializing in their specific area.

My goal is to provide you with packages that are more than what you've ever been exposed to before. Concept Art to help you market your work, Mesh Morphing & Texture Customization to keep things exciting in your game while also helping differentiate your game from others who use the same Asset Store packs. Animations & Sound Effects that feel real and bring characters to life. Music that can be adapted to fit the mood of your game, your scene, and your players.

If you think what I'm doing is valuable, I urge you to subscribe to all of my work. You can sign up at InfinityPBR.com, and you can choose to get all new characters for just $30, the day they're released. You get a huge discount, often over 50%, and I get a budget to work with. If enough of you sign up, I'll not only be able to continue making more character & environment packs, but I'll be able to contract with more high quality artists to produce everything faster, add more animations, more wardrobe and all that. Thank you for your support!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

[I'm reserving this space just in case I have something cool that can't go elsewhere to show you!]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

6. antoripa

antoripa

It's what I am looking for ...I am going to buy it ....

Xepherys and infinitypbr like this.
  7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Awesome -- I like it when things fit with what people are already needing or wanting :D

antoripa likes this.
  8. antoripa

antoripa

I bought ....it's really fantastic ....
    I like the "procedural" concept ...btw .. I have been working on a "procedural" game with the cutting edge package .. and I am going to include your packages ...
    Now I am looking for my hero ....:)

infinitypbr likes this.
  9. antoripa

antoripa

@sfbaystudios need a small help.
    In this stage I do not want customize, but only work on integration with the controller I use and the AI Engine. I am not very familiar with texture and material ..( traning stage ) ..so I need support .. small one for you ..
    So ..how can I export quickly to another project a defauld "daemon" as i see in the scene for the customitazion ?
    I need 2 version , one to use on PC and one on Mobile ...I hope you can help me ...
    after I will go in all details , but now need to check that all together can work ...thanks a lot

10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

If I'm understanding correctly, you just want to use the models in a game and not worry about customizing your own textures?

If so, just use the "Devils DEMO" prefab. It's all set up with the game-ready textures (default look) that you'll find in the "Assets/SF Bay Studios/Devils/Exported Textures" folder.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of wardrobe by default, much of which isn't likely to be very visible during normal gameplay on mobile, perhaps not even on desktop, depending on the size of the character on the screen. You can use the LODs (Assets/SF Bay Studios/Devils/Models/LODs) as well (LOD3 is likely great for mobile). But turning off wardrobe options that aren't needed -- starting with Chainmail & fur most likely -- is important.

Also, make sure you customize the resolution of the final textures. Right now they'll be set to 2048x2048 which is too big for most uses. Many of them can be 128 or 256, but 512 for sure. Again it depends the screen size and resolution and all that. You can set them differently for desktop and mobile, smaller obviously for mobile.

And of course once you're ready, it's another good step to make a texture atlas. I don't have any recommendations, but there are packages in the Asset Store that are designed for this. I'd say, though, only do it when you'er 100% sure that you won't be adjusting which textures you're using, since you'd have to re-do the process.

I hope that helps!

TeagansDad and antoripa like this.
  11. antoripa

antoripa

... done ... easy and fast ...
    So, If I would start from the model and not from the prefabs ...is there any automatism to map the texture to the model ?

12. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Nope. However, if you click each part of the model, there's a auto-made white material that has a similar name as the material you'll want to put on it. I'm currently re-doing the "More Info" page for the packs at InfinityPBR.com, and one new section I plan on adding will be a list of which material goes on which body/wardrobe mesh. Most of the packs this doesn't matter, but on the Devils, Human & Dragon, it does, since there are so many meshes.

Andrew

13. Xepherys

Xepherys

The documentation link doesn't seem to be working. :(

14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

15. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

antoripa likes this.
  16. justtime

justtime

Hi! Is it possible to get source model file with Demon Pack? Couse i need to implement cutting arms and head.

17. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Heres a video showing how I set up the layers for the Concept Art, which is now available for download from http://www.InfinityPBR.com (the Unity Asset Store update will be approved usually within 5 days).

The concept art is heavily layered, so you can turn on/off various parts to customize it. I also briefly show how to add adjustment masks so you can modify one layer without affecting the rest and without destroying the original.

antoripa likes this.
  18. antoripa

antoripa

After I bought Devils, Barbarian and Dragon, I can say that there are not best asset than yours on Asset Store.
    PBR is fantastic, texture and model are more than realistic one. I look forward new oustanding character from you.
    Thank you a lot.

infinitypbr likes this.
  19. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'm glad you like them! For anyone reading, you can keep up on what we're working on here at my "Work in Progress" thread: https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/infinity-series-works-in-progress-mega-thread.408430/

TeagansDad likes this.
  20. justtime

justtime

So what about source files for these models ? =)

infinitypbr likes this.
  21. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'm going to be putting up a page on InfinityPBR.com that would allow you to download the rigged file with the expectation that you will share animations with the community on the site, basically just uploading an .fbx file with your animations.

I do want to provide people the ability to make their own more specific and unique animations -- I know I can't do that at this point, since it would cost way too much to make more than the general animations. I also love the idea that people could learn from these -- having high quality rigs to work with when learning how to animate seems important.

And of course, I want to build a community, where we can all benefit.

idk the exact timeline, but I'll try to build it this week.

justtime and antoripa like this.
  22. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

23. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The Devils Pack PBR has been updated to include MUSIC!

The song, "Arrival of Hells Army", has been split into many layers for use with the Unity Audio Mixer. That means you can choose to use the composers mix, or create your own mix to match the mood of the scene or game you're making. The song can be used in any game, it doesn't have to be used with the devil of course :)

Give it a listen here: https://soundcloud.com/user-821120479/arrival-of-hells-army

antoripa likes this.
  24. antoripa

antoripa

Really cool...

25. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

This is a very quick preview of the insane amount of face morphing coming to the Devil shortly...

devilFaceShapes.jpg

26. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

27. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

MESH MORPHING HAS ARRIVED.

This is a big update. The Devil comes with 175 exposed Blend Shapes, each one controlling one aspect of the body, head or wardrobe. Combined, you can create a huge array of Devils, or the perfect one to match the look for your game.

Because there are so many options, it also came with a re-write of the Blend Shapes script. Now the script is better organized and comes with the ability to save and load preset files. These can be loaded at run time or via the inspector for quick changes to lots of shapes at once.

Let me know what you think!

The update is available NOW at http://www.InfinityPBR.com -- it'll be a couple weeks before the Asset Store approves the update, based on current wait times :(

Malbers, TeagansDad and Sovogal like this.
  28. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

New Demo Scene video:

Malbers likes this.
  29. Xepherys

Xepherys

Good call (moving here) - sorry for highjacking the other thread. Yes, I'm running 5.5.0b7. I tried all six body meshes (Devil, zDevil, Devil Humanoid, Devil Demo, etc), all were the same. Also, Head A and Head B are running into similar issues. To try to correct it, instead of deleting all of the assets out and trying again, I actually scrapped the project entirely and created a brand new project and reimported. Really not sure what's happening. The "old" version didn't have these issues - I was using it just hours ago, but it also didn't have all the blendshapes.

30. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Good news and Bad News.

Bad News: I have the same problem

Good News: I think it's my fault. My best guess is that when I updated the models, I neglected to test the Texture Creation scene. (It's happening in my 5.3.4 version too, so that's good! I was worried maybe something in 5.5.x broke everything I make! :D)

You'll notice the "Devils DEMO" prefab is fine. And the "Devils" .fbx file (in the "Models" folder is also fine, although without any materials)

The do-it-now solution would be to bring in the Devils.fbx, apply the Procedural Materials, and go from there. All the Copy This To That stuff should work just fine. I'll have to fix this and make and update, which would require another full download, so it may be much faster to just do it yourself for now.

Xepherys likes this.
  31. Xepherys

Xepherys

Yup, that works, so I can carry on from there. Whew! I'm always half concerned that the beta did it, and half concerned that I did something stupid to my environment lol. Thanks!

32. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hold the phone! Try this: http://infinitypbr.com/files/DevilsPotentialFix.unitypackage

Its just the new prefabs and the demo scene. So you'll need all the other files. I think that'll work -- just make sure all the other files are already installed first. If it doesn't, do it by hand :) I'll be uploading a fix tonight when i'm not in a library with library internet speeds.

Xepherys likes this.
  33. Xepherys

Xepherys

Gah, didn't see this until just now and I'm about to head out to work. But, I was able to get a new model up and running. I need to figure out the copy this to that stuff so I can start stamping out materials and prefabs. This is what I was trying to work on last night, though - my first stab at an ice devil:

For some reason, it doesn't appear to be casting shadows, though. Need to figure out materials better, I suppose. lol

34. Aledante

Aledante

Yesterday I bought the Rock Monster Pack. I try to download twice and it fails because a connection error ( my internet connection is not the best). The page says that I have 3 downloads left but it doesn´t start again. It only says "error".I try with Chrome, Firefox and Explorer. All the same problema.

Thanks

35. giveupgames

giveupgames

I bought the Dragon set and I'm very happy with it. If you need help with the programming stuff, hit me up at @MikeTsouris on twitter. You've provided great authored animations and I've added cool procedural animation for the dragon to follow targets. As you can assume, that involves controlling multiple bones in the neck. I'd be happy to share examples and vids of what i've done.

Xepherys likes this.
  36. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Good timing :)

I'm not the best coder, and I just started this page for GitHub repositories: https://www.infinitypbr.com/git.php

There are two on there now, one is for the Dragon (specifically a method of getting humanoids to properly ride dragons, using IK for foot/hand placement when required and something like Animator.MatchTarget for smooth animation transitions).

If I create a new repository for -- what would you call it? -- Would you be willing to share the code with people there, and make it open source for everyone to add onto?

Xepherys likes this.
  37. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hey! Sorry ,this slipped through! I've reset the count, in case you're still having trouble.

38. Xepherys

Xepherys

I would definitely be interested in taking a peek at this. I've looked at some procedural animation for a few other things, but it's a bit outside my wheelhouse.

39. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

This new video showcases the 10 included mixes of the track "Arrival of Hells Army", included in the pack. You can create your own mixes very easily in the Unity Audio Mixer (scene is already set up for you!), and export all versions into game-ready .wav files with a single click.

40. blazoneer

blazoneer

Just purchased a spider pack -- great looking assets! Wow.

Had one question: in the demo scene, what is the best strategy for removing the canvas overlay--these canvas overlay things seem pretty popular among developers prepping for games, but for video makers looking to add one to a video, setting the criteria via the Inspector is the preferred way. Once I preset the settings--settings the could not be changed during playback--they would just render. I would then take that render and add it to my scene.

How do I lose the canvas, stop the camera from rotating, and animate each spider's actions using the prefabs?

For instance, the canvas overlay has "attack," which makes the spider attack. I have located the Attack 1 component in the hierarchy view, but the prefab in the Inspector has a hard-coded setting "On click" setting that launches the attack. How do I set this "On Click" to, say, On play or Automatic or on startup, something like that.

Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  41. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'm glad you like them! :)

There's two easy ways of doing the animation.

Canvas
    To turn off the canvas, select it in the Hierarchy view (it's called "Canvas" of course), and turn it off using the toggle in the top left of the Inspector. You could delete it as well, but if you're looking to just make a video and nothing else, it may be better to turn it off in case you'd like to refer back to it later.

Camera Rotation
    This is controlled on the Camera object, which is a child of "Camera Holder", found in the Hierarchy. Select "Camera", and turn off the "demo_cameraRotate" component in the Inspector. That should keep the camera from rotating. The Camera Holder object has a script that keeps it moving with the character, so you'll likely want to keep that attached and active.

Triggering the Animations
    All of the animations are triggered via an Animator "Trigger" parameter. If you select the character and load the Animator window, you should see something like this:

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 9.18.58 AM.png

The Parameters on the left are what drives the Animator (and so the animations). Each trigger ("attack1", "attack2", "cast" etc) will trigger an transition from "Any State" (cyan, left side of the graph) to the appropriate animation. You can see this if you click on the line-arrows in the graph, the Inspector will show the conditions for the transition. In this case, they'll all be set only to transition when the Trigger Parameter is true. (Triggers automatically turn false after one frame, so they only trigger once when called).

Setting the Default Animation
    Currently the default animation is "Locomotion", which is actually a blend of the movement & idle animations. When the game starts, this will be the state of the Animator. If you'd like to change it so that the character does another animation first, right-click on the animation state, such as "Attack 1" in the graph, and choose "Set As Layer Default State". Keep in mind that the Controller is currently set so that most animations transition to Locomotion when they are complete, and the Attack animations are not set to loop.

Triggering an Animation via Script
    If you'd like more control, but don't want to use on-screen buttons, you'll need to do some scripting. Perhaps you'll want to set triggers to true when a key is pressed down. In that case, you'll likely want to use this kind of code in an Update loop:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Animator animator;  // Be sure to set this in the Inspector
    3. function Update () {
    4.     if (Input.GetKeyDown ("1"))
    5.         animator.SetTrigger("attack1");
    6. }
    https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Input.GetKeyDown.html

Attach this script as a component on the character, and assign the Animator in the Inspector. Now when you press "1" during gameplay, the "attack1" trigger will be set, and the character will transition to the "Attack 1" animation state, followed by the Locomotion state.

[Edit: Since there are three spiders, you have options on how to control them all depending on your needs. If you just want them all to do the same thing, then you can attach the same script to all three, each with it's appropriate Animator component assigned, and pressing "1" will call the same trigger on all three.]

Hope that helps!

42. blazoneer

blazoneer

Just attempted to build a scene, but I got a failure to build due Spider PBR compiler errors. Please see attached screen cap. Thanks. Spider PBR - Compiling Errors.png

43. blazoneer

blazoneer

Regarding the above error messages -- this entire morning, the spiders have been working fine in play mode. Now, the follicles are showing up as flat square base material structures.

44. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'm not sure what the flat square base material is, can you elaborate?

For the compiler errors, you can move those offending scripts into the "Editor" folder and it'll go away. Ideally you'll create textures in a new project, and not import the .sbsar files (or those scripts) into your main project.

45. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

46. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'm working on a completely new texture set for the Devils Pack PBR. This will be an add-on package, if all goes as planned, and 100% of the textures will be brand new.

My personal style is to create a "new" and "damaged" look, and let you choose one or the other or any combination via a slider in Unity, so you can get the right look for your project. Below is the "Leather Armor" of the Devil, the left shows the current version. The right two are the new and damaged look.

Let me know what you think!

47. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hey all! I just found out He devil has been added to this weeks 3d model sale! It's 30% off, but the price is already going up so it's really more than 30%!

48. Carmexx

Carmexx

Hi,

I know very little about audio in unity, not something I've got around to looking at yet, so please excuse the noob questions.

I have managed to control the Max distance of 3D sound effects of most of the devil sound items by tweaking the Audio source that is directly attached to the root of the clone/prefab. However in my scene a few sound items are created by default, they come up as 'One shot audio', foot steps and chains for instance. When I pause and click on the one shot audio objects, I can see in the inspector the Max distance is set to 500.

So finally to my question, where can I set the footsteps and chains to default to a lower value, rather than 500 which can be heard half a mile away?

I have searched everywhere and cannot find the script that controls these one shot objects, I even tried to disable the root clone/prefab audio source and sfb_audio controller - and they still persist, tis magic I tell ya :) - I even managed to find/browse down the hips/spine - all the way to devils sword flame, to control that sound, but I couldnt find any other sound sources down the hips path..

Thanks

Carme

infinitypbr likes this.
  49. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'll not be able to look in earnest until Thursday or friday -- I'm in disneyland today and tomorrow and there's a kid in a princess dress demanding attention. :)

But, the audio controller is attached to the main object, and the sounds are being played through there. Off the top of my head, you should be able to adjust the settings in the audio source component on the devil itself -- but you may need to adjust each clip individually in the project, making sure they're set to 3D sound.

Can anyone else help out in the next day or two? THANKS!!!

Andrew

50. Carmexx

Carmexx

Hi Andrew,

Hope your having a great time at Disneyland, especially playing servant to your princess.. :)

I fixed my issue, now we can control additional audio source parameters on the oneshot (PlayClipAtPoint). I amended the SFB_AudioController script and changed the original (apx line 130) audioSource.PlayClipAtPoint(audioClip, transform.position, volume);

to

//audioSource.PlayClipAtPoint(audioClip, transform.position, volume);
    PlayAudioClip(audioClip, transform.position, volume);

then added a new function called PlayAudioClip; the code is:

function PlayAudioClip (clip : AudioClip, pos : Vector3, volume : float) {

var tempGO = GameObject("TempAudio"); // create the temp object
    tempGO.transform.position = pos; // set its position
    var aSource = tempGO.AddComponent(AudioSource); // add an audio source
    aSource.clip = clip; // define the clip
    // set other aSource properties here, if desired
    aSource.spatialBlend = 1;
    aSource.maxDistance = 20;
    aSource.rolloffMode = AudioRolloffMode.Linear;

aSource.Play(); // start the sound
    Destroy(tempGO, clip.length); // destroy object after clip duration
    return aSource; // return the AudioSource reference
    }

So here I added my own tweaks:

aSource.spatialBlend = 1;
    aSource.maxDistance = 20;
    aSource.rolloffMode = AudioRolloffMode.Linear;

Which turned on the 3D setting, set the distance. I also changed the rolloffmode to my liking. You can add any other parameter here as well..

I got the function off the interwebs so kudos to someone else, basic unity code so I guess free to add into your own scripts on a future update, if you so choose.

Regards

Carme