Search Unity

3D [Infinity Series] Works-In-Progress Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by infinitypbr, Jun 2, 2016.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Here's a WIP for the Half-Orc bodies. The mouth will have small canine teeth sticking up from the bottom row, and of course he'll have eyeballs. Today I was just doing another pass adding more realism to the skin.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  2. Velo222

Velo222

That would be great. I'm not really needing 4k .sbsar files though really, just the gargoyle body and wings .tga (diffuse and normal) files. Just the "plain" .tga files really is what I'm looking for, not the fancy .sbsar files -- although that would be cool as well.

3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Ah-- well the original gargoyle was made by the modeler and were 2k, so 4K would mean a new version. It won't be coming right away, but I'll put it on my to do list

4. AlturaStudios

AlturaStudios

Cool. Glad they are fbx files. As for the engine I was mainly talking about Lumberyard and Unreal.

infinitypbr likes this.
  5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'm really hoping Lumberyard announces some sort of asset store next week @ GDC. I think they still don't have one as far as I can tell.

AlturaStudios likes this.
  6. AlturaStudios

AlturaStudios

Same here

7. Velo222

Velo222

Ok. Thanks for letting me know. :)

8. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'm @ GDC this week, so getting things done is slower than normal. However, Medusa is coming along wonderfully, and I've got most of the Humanoid version ready to go. Still waiting on a couple of those plus the serpent version of her animations.

9. Thoronnim_Crystalia

Thoronnim_Crystalia

Good to know about the Medusa!! ;)
    We're really looking forward to see the final version of this model!

Enjoy the conference!

infinitypbr likes this.
  10. Xepherys

Xepherys

Bit of an oddity, but I'm not sure quite what's going on. It's not a new issue, but now that I have my lighting squared away, it's easier to notice. It would seem that the feet of the human male model don't cast shadows (nor do the boots). It sorta looks like he's floating. Thoughts?

11. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

First, make sure he isn't floating, as that's possible (the collider, if it's a bit lower than the boots, could cause this).

Then check the shadow "bias" area in the light inspector, see if lowering that helps.

12. Xepherys

Xepherys

It was an issue with the bias. Thank you! I actually did have an issue with the collider ages ago and resolved that one, but this one just lingered...

infinitypbr likes this.
  13. NewMagic-Studio

NewMagic-Studio

Dragon pack has included the animation to take a passenger?
    The PBR Hell Creatures Pack is not going to be released until succubus is made?
    How are payments made through your website?

14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Dragon Rider
    The Human Fantasy Pack has the dragon rider animations. These are somewhat in flux, as I'm not happy with my implementation of it all. Although, in theory the animations should work fine, I just wasn't good enough at Unity to figure it out. Others have said it works fine -- the animations include rider-only animations that are intended specifically to be used when riding the dragon, and are humanoid so retarget-able to other humanoids.

PBR Hell Creatures Pack
    The pack is available on InfinityPBR.com -- it won't be on the Asset Store because it goes way over the 4GB limit (or it will go way over once the Succubus is there, it's already right up there even without music for the Demon/Imp and nothing from the Succubus). If you add any of the current packs into the cart on the site, it may give you the option of adding the other packs too, if the pack price will save you money.

Currently the pack price is only a slight discount, since it's 30% off the total price of all four packs. Right now it'd save you about $8 I think. However, buying it now would give you access to the Succubus when it comes out. ** That being said, the time between a models creation and release is often quite long, and I haven't been able to speed things up as I'd like, so there isn't any predicted timeline for the Succubus release. **

Payments @ InfinityPBR.com
    I use Stripe.com as the payment provider. All the card data goes through their site only (sent via HTTPS from my own site), so I never have any access to your card data. As far as payment processors go, they're huge and can be as trusted as I suppose anyone else of that size could be. Payments are approved or denied right away, and if approved, the packs in your cart are registered to your account for instant download. The .unitypackage download will have everything that you'd find in the download from the Asset Store.

15. NewMagic-Studio

NewMagic-Studio

I mean the dragon animation sitting down to take a passenger is in the dragon pack? i dont mean the human animation mounting the dragon
    You mean 8$ discount for the whole pack or 8$ for each of the three creatures in the pack?

16. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Oh sorry -- Yes, the dragon aniatmion where he bends down is there.

I think buying "PBR Hell Creatures Pack #1" is $8 less than buying "Demons", "Devils" & "Imp" individually.

17. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

It's been 2 weeks since my last post! What the hell! :D

I'm busy on a lot of things. Updating the Dungeon+ Pack with brand new models, updated models, completely new (and hand-created) textures fro all pieces (so it's out-of-the-box ready), sound effects, music & concept art. And mesh morphing. Many of the new pieces can be morphed.

Medusa is still being animated...almost done, just a few small fixes.

The "Golem" thing I licensed from another molder is being animated, another update submitted today (but i haven't gotten to check it out yet)

Bats are still waiting for animation to start

Elf clothing & half-or clothing are both coming along......at a super slow pace.

Human Mesh Morphing is almost done ,but the Dragon Mesh Morphing was started before humans ae done because of something that I can't talk about that starts in 3 days, and I'd like to have the Dragon pack updated with Mesh Moprhing for it....

So lots going on. Just not much to show :D

18. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

BTW, Medusa animations are good, I'm building the demo scene now...actually I'm going to sleep now, but I'm in the middle of building the demo scene. And then I need to make a custom shader, then make some sample photos and a video.

Custom Shader
    The Medusa has a "Scary" normal map for the face. My plan is to have a shader that can blend between the two, so that during the "taunt" animation, her face changes from somewhat calm to scary. You could of course use this in other ways too.

19. Thoronnim_Crystalia

Thoronnim_Crystalia

Starting dreaming here!!

20. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

21. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I was about to start "taking photos" of the medusa -- I chose 12 combinations of human/serpent armor/cloth to use, with the various textures I made. And then I realized that for about 2/3rds of the animations, the "hair" is on a separate animation loop. It does specific things for taunt, death and got hit, but for the other animations, its apart from the body.

Which means my normal method of taking photos won't work, since i can only "Save" the position of one of the two, I think. I do need to test one potential solution.

But my computer was running slow (as is usual, esp when taking photos of the models), so I deleted a bunch of the other characters from the project i use for taking photos. And oops...it also deleted the environment textures.

So I'll have to continue this tonight or tomorrow, after restoring the project from a backup. I got one photo out of it though :)

22. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I have a question for everyone.

The Medusa pack will include the animation rig, substance designer & substance painter files. The point is to let you have more control over things, if you are able to do so using those applications. I also would hope that some of you would be willing to share your creations -- animations & textures -- with the community via my site.

I'm also toying with the idea of allowing others to sell add-on packs. An animation pack ,for instance, may cost $25 or $30, but include a decent selection of high quality animations. A Texture pack, perhaps for $10-$30 depending on the content, would provide more textures -- textures that can't be created in Unity using the .sbsar file.

As an example, the armor on the left is the default armor. The other two are new textures I made in Substance Painter.

The question is, does it make more sense for me to just include as many cool new textures as possible in the package, or to sell them as add-ons? One problem could be file size. For each new texture, I'd have to include the Substance Painter file, the Substance Designer file & game-ready textures. The size would add up and if I have too many extra textures, it'll go over Asset Store limits.

But also, I'm not sure it'll boost sales. The quality of the work is already pretty good, so would adding more work? I don't know. I don't think the concept art / music has added more sales necessarily. So I'm not sure about this.

I'd like your thoughts though, assuming anyone reading this is likely to be fans of my work :)

23. henmachuca

henmachuca

Hello,
    I personally think that textures have a stronger appeal then concept art and music. Because concept there are not many people that will have a purpose for them and music is kinda cool but again, really specific to the kind of game, the mood, etc.
    Adding more textures will have a stronger selling argument and again, you can make some cool shots with them so people starts to desire the product.

Having that said I really think you should also let the community develop content and create a place to share them. For example, you have the barbarian set but so far only barbarian armors and texture... Maybe if the community had access to something like this we could have more variations and armor types, cause as you mentioned a couple of posts back, you are ofter pretty swamped with things, so it would be up to the community to extend the life and value of an asset unless you so desire to do something yourself.

So yes, I think textures add more value than music and especially concept art. And start a community that can help out creating new things and interact with each other is awesome too, although it would take some time probably for it get some traction.

TeagansDad, JBR-games and infinitypbr like this.
  24. Sovogal

Sovogal

As far as I'm concerned, sell them as add-ons. Whatever will help you make more content, faster.

Let me elaborate, as I know it sounds crazy for someone to suggest paying more money for additional content.

My thought is thus: If you produce something, I will likely buy it as between your attention to detail and your skill with substance designer, you're going to do things that nobody else on the asset store will do. I know that if I buy it, I will be able to customize it until it looks as though I have commissioned the asset myself, and it will look fantastic. If I pay you more, you're more likely to produce things at a rate where I can hope, vote, and suggest something, and I can see that manifest in months instead of years. The content you produce has so far been more than worth the cost.

So me paying more for additional textures and meshes is money well spent, if I like the packs.

I think your example might be a bit over-exemplified, because I would not pay $30 for the two extra textures in the screenshot. However, I would pay extra for high quality animations that would give me some versatility in how I use the creatures, and I would pay much more than $30 for a few new dungeon pack textures of the same quality as the ones you've been showing lately, because there's a tremendous value in each of those. Price and amount of content are semantic. The notion is sound and becomes moreso with each loyal customer you court.

I love that you add music and concept art, but I do think that's going above and beyond. If you're making Warcraft money, go for it, but if you're struggling to make ends meet, by all means sell add-ons. Seems to be working for Morph3D.

Here are some add-ons I would buy without a second thought:

Additional animations
    More sound effects
    Addition mesh addons
    PBR mesh-morphing props
    Drastic texture changes
    Facial bones and animations for anthropomorphic types of characters
    Hoodless snake men
    Eyeless slimes

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    JBR-games and infinitypbr like this.
  25. jonlundy

jonlundy

I like the music, the tunes you add are very nice and I like the layered approach. I'm currently in early development and don't have an immediate need for concept art, but I can see using it in the future. I feel that the animations & included textures are essential to the packs, without them I wouldn't be purchasing them. The sound effects are also useful

I probably wouldn't buy a texture set for a character model unless I had a specific need for that character and the art really worked for what my game had. One thing I do like about your packs, and a reason I subscribe to them, is that they are very high quality, include a lot, and are flexible for different needs. However at my current stage of development (I.e. beginning/early), I purchase assets that can make a great difference, right now I'm using default textures, and when (if) I move closer to a final state of actual gameplay I would customize textures, or consider purchasing specific textures.

I'm already spending more on assets than I can really justify, but I could see buying a fantastic set of textures, or if you have a really large set of animations that can be applied to multiple characters (or which fit a specific need for a character) I could purchase those as well.

It also depends on the price point, and $30 it would have to be a truly fantastic addition, at $5 the threshold would obviously be much lower.

Obviously it also depends on the model. You won't sell many texture packs of mushroom men, or Medusa. However if you have a texture pack add-on of 'chromatic (red, blue, green, black, white ) and metallic dragons (gold, silver, brass, bronze, platinum :)', then I could see that making some money as a add on, or increasing the sales of your dragon pack when you advertise it.

TeagansDad and infinitypbr like this.
  26. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Cool cool :) Good ideas all around! I should say, the armors above will be included in the Medusa package. Part of the problem I'm facing with making "entire" sets of more textures is a limitation with Substance Painter. Currently we can't paint over multiple texture sets, and most of the heads are a separate texture than the body. That means I can't make a nice clean texture like the Medusa has. (She was textured using other techniques).

I do plan on opening all of this up to the community. It's important that I do it smart-like, though, I think, because quality is important to me and I don't want a bunch of really unappealing things to flood the market. And I want to not frustrate artists. So for the humanoids, I will open them up to other artists once all four base bodies are complete, because I would want any wardrobe package to work on all 8 bodies -- 4 races & 2 genders each.

For the dungeon, I'm hopeful that the next round with the artist who is doing some smaller updates is the final one, and it doesn't require any more changes. I have new sound effects for it, and music is being produced probably this or next week. I do plan on opening this up to others, and producing a 2nd game-ready texture set (a sand-stone type look) as an example to other artists of how to set things up in my system, with all the customization .sbsar files and such.

We'll see how things go -- a lot of the stuff I want to do is not easily done right now because of the way we did the models originally, like the head/body issue. But hopefully that'll get fixed!

27. Thoronnim_Crystalia

Thoronnim_Crystalia

Hi all,

my point of view about that is quite simple: your products are the most complete I have ever found.

Honestly, the only element we used less is the concept art (just because we did not create the official site of the game yet!!).

I loved the music (customizing properly the channel equalizations, we created different levels of emphasis), and the vocalizations as well (we edited them in order to give deeper and lower tones - almost a demonic creature).

So, for us, the strongest point - strongly appealing for possibile customers - is the completeness of the product.

For this reason, I should not change this approach.

Obviously, more hours of expert work - so extra content - mean additional costs, and I totally agree on the idea of supplemental packs to buy separately (avoiding the size limit problem of the asset store package).

Moreover, the idea of sharing improvements and customizations could give this community added-value - for instance, the new vocalizations we made could interest someone else, and we could receive an implicit feedback about them...

Furthermore, e.g. each contribution - depending on its artistic and implementation values (a bit of more work for Andrew... :)) - could be rewarded by additional votes for the "wish list".

Finally, as Sovogal did, I can write down a simple list of additional content I could buy for a base model I've already (decreasing interest order):
    - Additional animations (more interest)
    - Additional accessories
    - Further sound effects and music (I loved the Serpent Warrior theme)
    - More textures (maybe 4096x4096)
    - Concept art (very low interest)

I hope this helps!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    infinitypbr likes this.
  28. Acissathar

Acissathar

Ideally this wouldn't be a huge distraction, but one thing I would like is if you had a channel open for custom requests in between packages. For example, say I had an un-textured axe from an artist. I could send you the model and $X, and you use your great Substance skills to get a procedural texture set up for it. (more options = more $$$ of course)

This would make it so you don't have to try and get every niche accessory made for a content pack (Village packs always have weird requests), but we can still get the pieces we need with a fitting texture style.

infinitypbr likes this.
  29. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

30. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

31. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Devils Pack PBR now has source files. (Substance Designer & Substance Painter). The painter files are about 3GB zipped!

32. xGeekDad

xGeekDad

Andrew,

Thank you for releasing the source files!

Greg

infinitypbr likes this.
  33. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Along with all the other stuff I'm doing, I've started a new texture set for the Devils Pack (he's one of my favorite characters. Also there's a lot of textures for him, so it's a decent challenge, vs redoing the mushroom monster or the slime).

Whenever I make the textures, I generally want to do a new and damaged version and let you slide between the two in Unity. So on the right are the "new" and "damaged" version for the Leather Armor. The left is the current version so you can compare and contrast.

100% of the
    textures will be redone, not a single bit of metal or what not will be the original. Source files (Painter & Designer) will be included, so it could be a good opportunity to see how I went about things, especially for the damaged/old look.

I have no idea how much it would cost, though.

34. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Dragons pack PBR now features Mesh Morphing & Source Files (3DStudio Max, Substance Designer, Substance Painter).

35. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Also, here's a WIP for an add-on texture pack for the Dragons Pack PBR...

36. Merries

Merries

Need a little help, I purchased the Fantasy Pack when it first came out, I'm going to work with it again, but I am unclear how to upgrade the package? I did log into the website and see some packages in the download. Thank you for the help.

37. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Cool that's the best place right now for updating that package. Download the .unitypackage file for each character, and that's the latest versions.

The fantasy pack on the asset store is combined and is running into the file size ceiling so it is harder to update there.

38. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Coming Soon!

I expect this to cost $10. It will require the Spiders Pack PBR, and features a new texture for each Spider, plus the Spider Eggs. 5 versions are included ready to use in the Engine, and of course everything is customizable. The textures were created in Substance Painter, and the source files (Painter & Designer) are included, so you can see what i did, or modify things directly.

Otherwise, you can modify them in the Unity engine! :D

39. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'm working w/ a new modeler on a "Young Dragon" package. This will be younger versions of the dragons that we already have. A bit more youthful, but not "Baby". Similar features as the adult dragons, so that they can be easily used together.

This is the very very first WIP of something textured. More to come.

40. Sovogal

Sovogal

It would be awesome if you could use the same bone structure so that we could use adult animations on youths and vice versa.

infinitypbr likes this.
  41. JBR-games

JBR-games

Hows the clothing /outfits coming along for the human pack ? Sure would like to atleast give my lady's some shirts while they are traversing the cold windy mountain sides. ;)

42. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Unfortunately I'm not quite sure. I had half orc and elf clothing being made, but both modelers are suddenly not responding to messages. In both cases, the clothing would be morphed to fit the humans, and both were different styles, including a shirt.

I'll post an update when I know more

JBR-games likes this.
  43. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

We're working on the Mesh Morphing update. This is an early WIP gif showing some variations using the "Random" button in the script we use, with the min/max set to the full value. There are some funky looking faces here because we try to have the "full" value of a shape be somewhat extreme, with the expectation that you won't usually bring it that far out. But you can if you want.

Just a taste of what's to come!

44. magique

magique

I just found this thread. Good to see updates on the upcoming packs. I'd like to see the Skeleton pack come out soon. I have an alternative from another author, but I'd much prefer to use your assets. The quality is superior in every way.

infinitypbr likes this.
  45. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I got myself a full time job, so things are progressing a little slower than i had hoped. However, I'm now in the process of creating the demo scene for the update, which includes making sure all the vertex layering shaders are working as expected etc.

Here's a simple preview showing the small sewer grate -- a new piece, as well as some of the pipes.

46. The_Supreme_Ultramarine

The_Supreme_Ultramarine

Hi,

It looks great! Excellent work keep it up and congrats on your full time job! I'll be looking forward to more of your fantastic game assets!

All the best and take care.

The SUm.

infinitypbr likes this.
  47. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Nooo! You musn't join the dark side of work! Well work is good, but it takes time from awesome magical development! :)

Edit: Like... making Mesh Morph? xD

Last edited: May 24, 2017
    Acissathar and infinitypbr like this.
  48. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Tonight I finished updating the "Mass Exporter" to a .cs workflow that's also improved. The basic concept is the same: You can export a single or multiple .sbsar materials into textures & standard shader materials with a single button.

Options exist for setting the normal map mode (important if you plan on using the textures in game), and for making a material or not. In most cases you would want to, but in some of my workflows you may want to not make a material, if you're just trying to get the textures. One less thing to delete, I suppose.

Some improvements:
    * Whether you're exporting 1 or 100 materials, it's the same window / flow
    * Scriptable objects are used to save the setup, so rather than an inspector script with a game object in the scene, it's a scriptable object can be saved for each mass export setup you'd like. Which means you can save the flow and come back to it later. Or create multiple ones depending on your needs.
    * Option to save or not save any of the available texture types, including custom ones. This way you'll always know which textures are available to export, and you can choose only the ones you want.
    * Option to reuse the textures from the first export, showing the same list of available textures. This option existed before, but it's better now, and gives more flexibility. If a map isn't available, and you try to reuse it, the system won't delete your new map, so that's nice, too.
    * Helpful instructions along the way.

And of course it's now in .cs and all editor, so it won't stop you from building a project. The last version, because it referenced Substance Archives and wasn't an editor script, had to be deleted from the project in order to make a build. LAME.

I've made a demo video, and will update a .unitypackage for anyone who wants to try it out. However, because I have the job, I have to sleep. It's 45 minutes past my bedtime already :D I'll upload those tomorrow once I process the video and export the files.

Also, this now works with ALL .sbsar files, not just my own...so if you have any other procedural materials, you can export them in Unity. Kind of cool.

JBR-games, magique, Zyxil and 2 others like this.
  49. lorddanger

lorddanger

Hello,
    I am new here.
    On my game I have yet to start working on character system.
    Someone here can help me out on things like:
    Currently i am thinking of using Uma for my game as it allows to save the character data to remote Database and also cloth customization is there are these things possible with infinite assets

I am mostly interested in Human fantasy pack

infinitypbr likes this.
  50. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Depends on what you're trying to do. The blend shapes for the human fantasy pack aren't yet active, but once they are you could save the values in a database no problem.

Currently UMA has a larger selection of 3rd party wardrobe etc. My goal is still to open up the characters to 3rd party artists, but that's not happening yet, and may not if things don't end up going that way.

For "Cloth Customization" -- what do you mean by that? All of the textures in all of the "Infinity" models are customizable - -the color, roughness etc, and you can even replace them with other materials if you have any available.