Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

3D [Infinity Series] Works-In-Progress Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by infinitypbr, Jun 2, 2016.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Some previews of Anubis, which will be released tomorrow night or the next morning.

2. R1PFake

R1PFake

I had a idea for your next weapon pack, a summoner/mage book with some rune symbols etc and maybe a animation for open/close?

Xepherys and infinitypbr like this.
  3. antoripa

antoripa

Really cool .. I will get with subscription ... exciting ...

infinitypbr likes this.
  4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I like this idea, but part of a wardrobe pack instead I think.

5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

6. Xepherys

Xepherys

I haven't downloaded the pack yet, but I'm curious if it has the same skeletal structure as the other humanoids. Could animations from one be used with another?

7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yes, whenever it's listed as "Humanoid", that means that Unity's mecanim will be able to re-target the animations to any other "Humanoid".

In the case of the Devils Pack PBR & Demons Pack PBR, they have horse like feet, where their heel is actually up (like in high heels sort of) in their extra pivot point. So in those cases, you'll need to use avatar masks to get the best results, since their animations on other humans will put the feet up, and other animations on them will push the heel down.

But my goal with the humanoids is to try to make sure each one has a different style of attack, walk, reaction etc. That way if you buy them, you can mix and match the animations as well.

Also, whenever possible i try to use the same rig for generics. This hasn't been something I can do yet, but there's an upcoming "Imp" character (which will go along well with the Devil & Demon), which has wings and is very similar to the Gargoyle. I'm hoping that when the Imp is ready for animation, I can use the same bone structure, and they can each use each others animations. The imp is smaller and acts differently, but there could be some cool cross over opportunities.

8. Xepherys

Xepherys

Awesome! Do you have any tutorials available for using the avatar masks? Animation is something that is quite new to me, especially using Mecanim and Unity. It's a bit down the road before I'm too worried about mixing it up much - still working on the foundation for my combat system - but I'm definitely interested.

9. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yes, Yes I do :)

It's maybe a year old, but I think it's all up to date. If you have the Serpent Warrior, check the demo -- avatar mask is used on the tongue, since that animation is just it's own loop, and it's independent of all the other animations.

EDIT: Looking @ the start of the video, I should point out that the animator controller shown is *NOT AT ALL* the best way of setting that up. I don't know what I was doing then...but it's not the best way. Too much clutter, too much of a spider web. But the rest should be good info :D

10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

11. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update:

* Imp Pack PBR is now waiting for Animation to start. There are 4 body textures (2 tail options, #2 works with 3 of the body textures). It is expected to be rigged the same as the Gargoyle Pack PBR so they can share each others animations, if you happen to own both.

* Bats Pack PBR is currently being modeled. Below is a preview. There are three unique body shapes. The animations will be similar between them ,but may be unique to each body depending on how many differences there are. They're bats. That's pretty cool, and I guarantee you there will be an upside down hanging idle. I've decided that the Spiders Pack PBR and Bats Pack PBR will make up the first two characters in a "Cave Creatures Pack", and I'm open to ideas on two more cave creatures to complete it. You can vote here: https://www.infinitypbr.com/vote.php (Must be logged in to vote). You can also add ideas to the list!

12. Sovogal

Sovogal

Added a centipede because cave centipedes eat bats!

You also have a troll up there that seems suitable for a cave creature.

infinitypbr likes this.
  13. Sovogal

Sovogal

Although a centipede would be an inverse kinematics nightmare. I don't know much about the magic that makes these things work. Maybe it will be a fun challenge!

14. KarenCrawford

KarenCrawford

This is some really amazing stuff. The dragon is a huge time waster making different types. One purchase and you can make all the classic D&D dragons each with slightly unique models.

15. Xepherys

Xepherys

If you come up with a way to make an AD&D-style Tiamat Chromatic Dragon (5-headed) from this, let me know ;)

16. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Send some samples and add it to the vote list :) The vote list is easily fudged by the things I want or need, but if something gets a lot of votes I guarantee you I start thinking about how to make it happen. Horses & Wolves (things that can be ridden it seems) are currently on the top of that list.

17. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update!

Medieval Battle Sounds Library is now live! Exclusively @ http://www.InfinityPBR.com for now, but it'll be on the asset store probably in a couple days.

18. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update

* Medusa is currently being animated. (Actually, she's been in this position for a couple weeks now, I just forgot to update this thread!)
    * Imp is currently being animated, and at the same time, having blend shapes made, since the animator who does the blend shapes is also doing the animation. So that's nice! :D

Also, I was talking with Quantum Theory today about his beautiful Rome Fantasy Pack, and we both agreed that his pack and my characters go together quite well. Here is the Serpent Warrior:

19. R1PFake

R1PFake

A Sounds pack for magic/mages would be awesome

infinitypbr, Xepherys and Sovogal like this.
  20. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

That'll be in the works if the battle sounds makes its money back, otherwise it'll be too expensive.

21. Xepherys

Xepherys

Give me a number of sales and I'll start beating the drums! ;)

infinitypbr and Acissathar like this.
  22. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Pretty much! I'd really like to increase my productive to 2-3 new characters a month. But right now it's a minimum of 6 weeks or so to pay for a character, not including paying myself (which is also something I'd like to eventually start doing!), so I can't increase the rate at this point.

23. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I just wanted to share this....we're working on the Anubis Mesh Morphing, and I have been putting a lot of emphasis on faces, in order to get as many looks as possible. The way it all works, things end up acting in different ways based on the combination of values. (Often it takes some back and forth to make sure things like the teeth don't stick out of the tongue, like in this image).

For this, I nearly laughed out loud twice in a library -- I caught myself though. Once when I saw the tongue and once for the floppy ears.

Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 3.52.30 PM.png

(Original, for reference)

24. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update:

* Bats is now waiting for Texture Customization

25. JBR-games

JBR-games

Any new word on the elf pack and some shirts for the barbarians? Also i just registered on your site. infintypbr.com for the packs..@ $25 each as they come out. Tryn to support great work.. Also where do i vote on up coming models ?

Thanks -Josh

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  26. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks Josh, for signing up -- It's a tremendous help, and I hope that one day soon there's enough of you that I'm able to work with many modelers at once and get more characters produced faster with more animations and more concept art and all that good stuff :)

There is a "Vote" link @ the top, when you're logged in it'll take you here: https://www.infinitypbr.com/vote.php

The elf is having it's wardrobe made. I'm working with a new modeler for this, and unfortunately like many new artists, it's taking way longer than they suggested it would when we started the project. The quality is good though, so hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Once the wardrobe is done, the Elves will get rigged, and animated.

27. Acissathar

Acissathar

Although I doubt it'll be the tipping point, I plan on subscribing after Christmas as well. The price for quality is just too good to let pass. On a similar note, I really should use those coupons before they expire. The problem is deciding on which ones to get first haha.

28. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yeah don't let them expire! :)

The point at which I'd be pretty confident is with maybe 80 people signed up. The simplest characters cost at least $2000, while the more extensive ones go for up to $5k, not including my own time. So 80 people will cover the very very simple characters (like Mushroom Monster for instance), while things like the Dragon or the upcoming Medusa end up costing more. But hopefully will be more popular on the asset store post release.

29. JBR-games

JBR-games

I took advantage of the coupon and picked up the weapons pack today , also...

30. Xepherys

Xepherys

Yeah, I used the coupon on the Mushroom Pack myself - I needed it for something anyway. The scary thing is that I'm running out of sets that I don't own yet... :p

JBR-games and infinitypbr like this.
  31. JBR-games

JBR-games

just saw this on youtube. Interesting stuff.
    Thanks for sharing

chelnok, Amy_Lee87 and infinitypbr like this.
  32. Amy_Lee87

Amy_Lee87

Absolutely incredible video. I had no idea. Thanks for opening up!

As a consumer / n00bie game developer, this is how I typically shop for models:

As a new developer, I will instantly purchase a "Hero" model. If I ever see some kind of weathered-looking model that wields a two-handed sword, bow, and flowing cape (Aragorn from LoTR), I would spend well over $100.

As a new developer, if I see something that can potentially be a huge plus to the game, e.g., a badass mount, I would buy it fairly early during development (Although we're not quite to the point where we are working with the Dragon, we purchased it early because it's just that cool. We love your dragon.

As far as monsters go, we know that we will require many different monsters in our game. Since we have so much work ahead of us, buying monsters is at the tail-end of our development. If there was a monumentally huge monster pack, we would purchase it now, but buying monsters individually or even in sets of 3 or 5 can add up quick. We're using free monsters during development, but will eventually buy many of yours when it comes time.

I've purchased more buildings and environment packs than anything else. I think I personally own 10-20 major enviro packs and not a single monster.

If someone came out with a very detailed "modular" fantasy-styled pack, I would pay up to $200 depending on the content. I love packs like Arctic Castle. I yearn for the fantasy packs with weathered / aged buildings (ivy, still functioning, some rubble, dirty).

As far as monsters are concerned, I would also buy giant bosses somewhat early on, too.

Thanks again for the video!

33. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I think you're about normal. When I started, I would buy the prettiest things I could find, and I ended up buying lots of environments that have relatively little value now, since they're non-pbr and "low-res" compared to todays possibilities.

And of course when something was on sale that I thought I'd want, I'd buy it (I still do that!).

I'm very surprised someone hasn't made a better modern pbr environment for fantasy stuff yet. I know there's some PBR ones, and some "PBR" ones, but seems like new ones are still coming out that aren't PBR at all. That makes no sense to me, when they're not meant to be anything other than realistic. But, I'm hoping to change that, and I"ve been throwing up some random (not intended to be pretty) screenshots here: https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/infinitypbr-com-mystery-package-preview.441170/

As for monsters, it's true it can add up. I really wish Unity would allow us to build custom "Packs" made up of individual other assets. Right now, to do something like PBR Monster Pack #3 I have to create a unique project, and upload everything again. Each time I change one thing in one of the characters, I have to update the "Pack" project too. And since there's only one download allowed, it's one GIANT download. Officially Unity has a 4gb limit, but they really don't like to go over 2gb, and I think all of my packs do that.

I actually won't be able to release the "Creatures From Hell" pack on the Asset Store for this reason, and that's also why the "RPG Character Pack #1" only has two characters. They also won't allow me to include the heavy stuff as downloads from my own site, which would solve much of the problem.

In the end, on InfinityPBR.com I'm able to offer a lot of discounts -- the $25/character "subscription" option is the best discount for sure, but there's also a big discount when you buy everything at once (and from then on, if you continue to just "complete" the library, it's all discounted too). That's not something I can provide on the Asset Store, unfortunately. But, when you guys are ready to populate the game, it may actually be cheaper to buy everything from me directly than to buy only what you're really looking for.

34. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I've started a Skype chat group, for discussions, support or what not: https://join.skype.com/Fr4aaca0DbbW

I'm thinking of also starting a Discord -- or using Discord instead of Skype.

Any thoughts? Generally I'm not a fan of these things, but I realize it may be worthwhile to engage in it.

35. Killersan

Killersan

I have to say that this opened my eyes a bit more and in this situation I I'm very happy that while ago I became a small brick in that wall of subscribers. Month ago or something like that I bought rest of Andrews packages too. Great work You deserve to sell more for sure. Quality is top notch.

infinitypbr and Xepherys like this.
  36. Xepherys

Xepherys

I couldn't agree more - the subscription has netted me some packages that I won't need for my current project, but it's still great to have resources for something that might come up in the future. And the quality is absolutely great.

infinitypbr likes this.
  37. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks guys! Lets hope a bunch more people agree with you :)

I'm hoping to get approval for the Unreal store maybe today -- I've submitted the Mushroom Monster a few weeks ago, and have been going back and forth trying to get it up to their standards, mostly naming conventions, etc. Where the Asset Store is like the wild wild west where most anything goes, the Marketplace is the exact opposite: Every single file needs to be named properly, every structure needs to be correct. It's such a crazy difference between the two.

So once I get approved, I'll be able to put up most of my stuff on that store, and maybe that will help.

38. R1PFake

R1PFake

I don't use UE for anything serious yet, i only downloaded it because i wanted to try it, but how did you convert your texture edit and export scripts etc to UE, did you convert everything to C++ or do they have built in features which make these kind of things easier without custom scripts?

I wish the unity asset store would have some "standards". For example every seller should have a custom namespace for their C# scripts or the "problem" with standard assets if seller include the standard assets in their download and then you download multiple assets and it's a mess because every pack has their own standard asset folder i have to exclude/delete them etc

39. Xepherys

Xepherys

I definitely disagree on this, but I can see why a lot of people might prefer it. Typically if I buy an asset, I figure out how it all works, make copies of the script, convert from .js to .cs if needed, add it to a suitable namespace for my project, and then strip out everything that isn't applicable to that project. I've never purchased an asset where I use all of the code that comes with it. Dungeon Architect is a great example (it's what I'm working on now). I'm leaving the DA namespaces alone, though I'm changing the namespaces for some sample scripts from the DAShooter space. I'm also removing everything not related to gridDungeon and everything that has to do with 2D because it has no bearing on my project. This saves me a boatload of overhead, makes the executable smaller and easier to manage, and allows me to integrate it into namespaces that follow what my project already uses.

40. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hair. It's important, and I've never been super happy with the hair I've had so far. The upcoming Bats package has hair -- three different bat bodies, and two of them have furry bodies (one very furry). So I worked with an amazing shader programmer, and this is a nearly finished WIP sample. I'm sure you can figure out which one is the "new" shader...

betterhair.jpg

41. Sovogal

Sovogal

I love the new hair. Is it possible that the barbarian pack will receive the same treatment? Also, can we expect some erratic animation with the bat pack? I still have nightmares about Everquest bat animation.

42. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

What time in the video should I check out?

Yes, I haven't been able to test it yet, but the shader should work on human hair too. The hair model needs to be updated, however, to allow for proper z-depth. The bat, if you could see it from behind, still has some issues because of that.

43. Sovogal

Sovogal

2:20 or so. Looks like the editor removed the time marker of the url. I say nightmares because the bat animations were very bad. Floaty and heavy. Bats have a larger percent of their body mass in their wings, so they change directions far more suddenly than birds, and they're also more susceptible to any outside force, like wind turbulence. There are some cool slow motion videos out there of them flying full speed to an upside-down perch.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    infinitypbr likes this.
  44. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Ah well, remains to be seen! I try to get realism, but I limit that to what makes sense for a game. The spiders we're working on, for instance, realistically would jump insanely fast, but I had to have the animator slow it down, because it effectively seemed to teleport from one spot to the next, rather than jump.

I'd imagine bats fluttering about wouldn't make for a pleasant in-game experience, so they'll likely be more...idk the word, I don't want to use "unrealistic", but maybe you get what I'm saying?

Being able to hang upside down is certainly important, so that'll be an aspect, with transitions from that to idle.

45. Sovogal

Sovogal

You make a great point. I'm guessing giant bats would flutter a little less erratically than standard bats. If you could fit a little wobbliness in the flight or gotHit animations, that might suggest bat-like movement without making it unpleasant to deal with in a game. Either way I'm buying it, so take my suggestions with that grain of salt.

infinitypbr likes this.
  46. xGeekDad

xGeekDad

I know I'm buying it, cause I got a subscription! It's a really great deal and a great way to support sfbaystudios.

Greg

JBR-games likes this.
  47. dienat

dienat

How works the subscription? When i make subscription i accept that every new package you upload is automatically billed to the subscriptor? What happens with new subscriptors, they can get older packages for 25$ and packages are bought through your web or can be bought for 25$ in the asset store somehow?

Mimic chest have the option to show the same open chest but filled with gold so that adventurers dont notice that is a mimic chest?

Also you mention a lot of scripts like load/save games,etc... but the page where it is supposed the download fails https://www.infinitypbr.com/1stPersonRPG/characterCreationScene.php

About your dungeon pack, what models are included, just the ones that appear in the video? I think other packages show better what is included, with dungeon pack i have no idea what is included besides the video

It would be nice having more common creatures as ghosts, goblins or orcs for first dungeon levels

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    infinitypbr likes this.
  48. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Here's the correct link to the latest project files for the 1st Person RPG Tutorial: https://www.infinitypbr.com/1stPersonRPG/SFB_15_ItemsAndInventory2.unitypackage.zip

Yes, when I release a new pack, you'll be billed $25 and automatically registered so you can download it right away. You can sign up when you're logged in at https://www.infinitypbr.com

There isn't currently any gold, although I'm testing a new modeler for this right now, so there may be this option soon if it works out. The mimic aspect is a sub-mesh that can be turned off, so the chest can be opened and not be a "mimic", and yo could have those meshes turned on when you'd like via script. The mimic aspect doesn't show outside of the box, just on the inside. It may not be the most ideal look to have it turned on while the box is opened, but perhaps you could close the box, turn them on, and then immediately re-open the box, to hide the moment when the meshes are turned on.

Correct, what's shown in the video (and photos as well, on the asset store page) is what is currently included.

I agree :) Slowly building up the library. As more people become fans of the work, and join the subscription and purchase packages, I'll be able to speed things up, but as it is, most packages aren't expected to make their money back for 1-2 years or more, so I can't currently make more than one or two at a time, or I'd run out of money.

49. dienat

dienat

But what happens with new subscriptors, could buy them any previous package for 25$ or just the new ones? that would make a huge difference with old subscriptors and new subscriptors

50. R1PFake

R1PFake

While you sub you get all NEW packs for 25$. It wouldn't make any sense to allow a subscriper to buy old packs for 25$ otherwise someone could just sub, buy the packs he/she wants for 25$ and then unsub again

He had a option for 50$ per new release where you could get the new release + one old pack of your choice (so 25$ per pack) but i think he removed it? The current sub system is 25$/per NEW release.