Search Unity

[Infinity Series] Mummy & Sarcophagus Pack (With Mesh Morphing)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by infinitypbr, Apr 10, 2016.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Texture Customization | Mesh Morphing | Sound Effects | Concept Art | Re-Mixable Custom Music

Unity Asset Store - Preferred Method
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/top/assets/60315

InfinityPBR.com
    https://www.InfinityPBR.com/?pack=mummy

Download Mac Demo | Download Windows Demo
    Mummy & Sarcophagus Pack PBR contains a fully animated Mummy character & Sarcophagus prop. The rig is humanoid, so the Mummy will work with other human animations! The model also features exposed Blend Shapes, so you can morph the physical mesh of the model to make a huge variety of Mummy looks!​

Texture Customization
    Take control of the models, and make them match your project. Use the included Substance Painter source files to create custom textures in minutes, exported to work with Unity using a single click. Works with HDRP and non-HDRP projects!

Of course if you don't have any interest in creating your own textures, I often ship my packs with multiple texture options that are ready to be used out of the box. If you sign up at InfinityPBR.com there may be more downloads availalbe for free.

Mesh Morphing
    Blend Shapes give you the power to change the physical mesh of the model, often creating characters that look very different from the default. Our editor script will expose specific Blend Shapes in the Inspector, with sliders to change the values. You can even code the changes. That means your players can customize the mesh of their character, or spawned enemies can be given random values so each is different from the next.

Sound Effects
    We include sound effects to go with the animations. These are created by sound designers specifically for Mummy & Sarcophagus, often using practical foley recordings. We often include variations, so each time the sound is triggered, a script will randomly choose one of the variations to play. And sometimes we include multiple layers of audio, so you can mix and match and create the right effect for your game.

The included script makes it easy to play clips & loops called via Aniamtion Events or other trigger methods. Options include multiple clips (randomly chosen), volume levels & modifications for volume by velocity, as well as the ability to play clips only some of the time. This way, for example, enemies can grunt during their idle loop, but only as often as you want them to.

Re-Mixable Custom Music
    A composer has creates original tracks to accompany these packs. Some tracks are more like Theme Music, while others are more Ambient, or anywhere in between. Music is always included in layers. Each stem, often a single instrument, can be used in the Unity Audio Mixer so you can create your own mixes. The Demo scene will include a selection of Snapshots ready to be used, as well as scripts showing how you can modify the sound during gameplay.

The music can now adapt to your game. Fade to another snapshot based on in-game variables such as Player Health, Time Remaining or whether the game is Paused or not. While a Composers Mix is always included if you do not want to mix your own tracks, we urge you to try it out. The power you have is insane.

This video showcases 20 second clips from each of the included game-ready mixes. You can create your own mixes quickly and easily, and export them into .wav files with a single click!

Concept Art
    You know what often separates the AAA studios from you? Their advertising channels are full of concept art, and yours isn't. As far as I know, there are no other Asset Store packages that include Concept Art. Using this, you can populate your website, Steam page, Facebook feed, Twitter, with compelling artwork to excite your fans before you have a game to show.

At least 3 images are provided in both PNG & Photoshop format. The Photoshop files are layered, so you can turn on/off body parts and armor whenever possible, or modify the color or look for some layers but not others. These images are ultra high resolution.

Animations
    Realistic animations are important. I don't know about you, but when I swing a bat real hard, my whole body moves. So if a character swings their sword, I think their whole body should move too. The world they live in may be fantasy, but we work to make sure that the perceived physics of the animations are realistic and highly detailed, including facial & wardrobe animation when possible.

• Attack 1
    • Attack 2
    • Cast
    • Death
    • Dodge
    • Get Out (Laying)
    • Get Out (Standing)
    • Got Hit
    • Idle
    • Idle Break
    • Sarcophagus Open (Laying)
    • Sarcophagus Open (Standing)
    • Taunt

Sarcophagus
    The package includes a really great Sarcophagus as well. It's animated to work with the Mummy animations, so he can open and climb out of a flat Sarcophagus, or burst out of a standing one.

YouTube Videos

This is the demo of the "Demo" scene. It features all the animations, some pre-exported textures, and the blend shapes.

About Infinity PBR
    I made a 30+ hour RPG using all Asset Store artwork. Without the Asset Store, that would have been impossible, and I am forever grateful for the artists who published their work. But I wanted more. I wanted more than just a few texture types. I wanted audio specific to the animations -- and I wanted animations that were realistic. I wanted the ability to change the look of my creatures, and dress my characters in a variety of clothing. And I wanted all of that wardrobe to be itself customizable. I wanted high quality PBR mateirials.

Infinty PBR includes work from over a dozen artists, each specializing in their specific area.

My goal is to provide you with packages that are more than what you've ever been exposed to before. Concept Art to help you market your work, Mesh Morphing & Texture Customization to keep things exciting in your game while also helping differentiate your game from others who use the same Asset Store packs. Animations & Sound Effects that feel real and bring characters to life. Music that can be adapted to fit the mood of your game, your scene, and your players.

If you think what I'm doing is valuable, I urge you to subscribe to all of my work. You can sign up at InfinityPBR.com, and you can choose to get all new characters for just $30, the day they're released. You get a huge discount, often over 50%, and I get a budget to work with. If enough of you sign up, I'll not only be able to continue making more character & environment packs, but I'll be able to contract with more high quality artists to produce everything faster, add more animations, more wardrobe and all that. Thank you for your support!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

[Saved]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The animator is starting to rig this model. The rig update will raise the price, followed by the custom animations.

6. Arganth

Arganth

how far is the rigging?
    is it already rigged but not animated?

the pdf buttons on your site have the wrong link

k so just bougth it and it looks amazing :)
    cant wait for the rig :)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks! The link has been fixed: http://www.infinitypbr.com/mummy/SFB_MummyInstructions.pdf

So the rigging/animating is just happening at the same time now. The new animator who is working on it, since we're doing blend shapes now, separating the two just didn't make sense anymore.

He got sick last week, but I think should finish sometime this week, and if all goes well, I may be able to submit it to the store later in the week or next week, and then hopefully within 5 days it'll be live on the store.

8. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Arganth likes this.
  9. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

This character is being packaged for release. Price will double when it's updated.

10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

11. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

12. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

13. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hmmmm maybe I should have bene a Mummy for halloween. But then I wouldn't be able to eat or drink without getting my cloth all dirty.

14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Audio is now included! If you've already downloaded the pack, there is an upgrade package available for download at http://www.InfinityPBR.com -- Otherwise, the full pack is also available to download at that site! The unity asset store version is going to take 5-10 days or so to be approved, so if you want it now, go to InfinityPBR to grab it! :)

Also, the Anubis Pack PBR will be released in the coming days. You can get it for just $25 if you sign up for the "Subscription" option at my site. You'll only be charged when packs are ready to be downloaded, and only $25 per character, regardless of the regular price. It's a great way to get all my characters for a huge discount while helping me out a bunch by giving me a budget to work with.

15. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Concept Art is now included! :D You can get the solo-update at http://www.InfinityPBR.com

We'll be adding music probably tomorrow, so we'll have to remove the update from the approval queue on the Asset store. You'll be able to download all updates (including the full pack with everything included) from InfinityPBR.com as soon as they're available though :D

This is three separate images in photoshop and png format, ultra high resolution.

16. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Here is a video showcasing the 10 includes mixes of the song "Sands of Time", composed for this package. You can mix your own versions in the included demo scene using the Audio Mixer, and export them all with a single click.

17. magique

magique

In the demo scene, when I try the Cast animation, the effect shows up as just pink squares. I checked the hierarchy and it's the PComponent Smoke Rising 3 object. In the Renderer section of the Particle System it says Missing Material. Which material is supposed to be used for this?

infinitypbr likes this.
  18. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks for pointing that out.

http://www.infinitypbr.com/files/mummyParticle.unitypackage

Try that -- I'm not sure why the material was broken, but this is what I'm seeing connected in the demo scene.

19. magique

magique

Weird. Even though it just says I already imported everything from that package, it's now working. Thanks.

20. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

It could be some weird glitch where it just didn't get linked properly. The reason I started including the entire particle package was due to issues where the materials didn't always get moved properly. Including the whole project helped tremendously.

21. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

22. VagabondOfHell

VagabondOfHell

I'm loving your work. Being able to customize everything easily makes your assets a huge bang for the buck.

I have a request for some animations for the Mummy entering the sarcophagus, if possible

Thank you for the fantastic assets!

infinitypbr likes this.
  23. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks!

Getting new animations made is a challenge, only because it takes time away from new characters. However, there are some tools on the asset store that say they make animation in editor easy -- would it be possible to use one of those to achieve the look you're going for?

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/animation/puppet3d-111554
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/animation/umotion-community-animation-editor-95986

I haven't yet had a chance to work with them - -I keep meaning to, as I think if they work well, it'd be nice to have a place where users can share their animations.

24. VagabondOfHell

VagabondOfHell

Understandable, no problem! Didn't hurt to ask ;)

Maybe you can help me with some other things. I am having some issues getting the Texture Creation Scenes for the Anubis and Mummy going. There are quite a few missing scripts in the Mummy scene, and the Anubis one came with two scenes called Mummy Texture Creation and is missing 3 prefabs (I'm guessing maybe the Mummy was accidentally included instead of Anubis when exported?)

I downloaded both from your site. Would the Unity Asset Store be a better place to retrieve the downloads from? If so, where can I find the voucher portion of the website? I saw somewhere that it should be on the main page, but I must be glossing over it.

The primary missing behaviours that seem to be most important are the Mass Exporter and CT2T scripts. Blendshapes are working fine so far, and I haven't played with the audio mixer, but when I loaded the scene it seemed like everything was there.

I use Unity 2017.3.0f3 if that's important.

Thank you!

25. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I did update the mummy package a couple days ago as the demo script was misplaced and in the wrong directory, so not included in the package.

The rest shouldn't be happening, esp. with the two packs being from the same source project on my system. Can you try importing them into a new project -- start w/ the customization packages, and then for the other package, just import the models and the demo scenes? That should be everything you need to do the texture customization.

26. VagabondOfHell

VagabondOfHell

I've only been using new projects.

I imported the customizer, then the other package (models and demo), and I still have missing scripts

I've removed the import stuff because it took a few minutes. I'll try the same with Anubis now

EDIT
    Anubis scene issues:

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  27. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Mummy: Do you have the file here? It's linked from the downloads section at InfinityPBR.com but maybe it's not as clear as it should be. Due to changes in support for .sbsar files, users of 2018.x (when it eventually is released along with substance support), will have to use different editor scripts than users of earlier versions. So I've separated the support scripts, which is what's missing, from the pack. Install that file and it should work.

Anubis: Yeah, looks like the demo scenes aren't there! Sorry about that. I'm reuploading the package to my site, and you can find a package w/ just the scenes here. That should fix it, I think.

28. VagabondOfHell

VagabondOfHell

I just tested Anubis and that one seems to be working now (haven't played with the textures yet, but it's showing stuff which is a good sign).

I'll do the mummy shortly, but I don't foresee any issues. I'm a dingbat for forgetting that package... I had it originally, then when I was clearing and re-importing the packages I overlooked it. My bad.

Thanks for the help!

29. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

No worries, I'm glad it's working :D

30. Zarkow

Zarkow

I just got most of the monster-models and started playing around with the mummy first now.
    My need is to have a locked character position, so I had to Bake into Pos by selecting it under Root Transform Position (XY) etc. But when I do that I notice that, especially Walking, has a floating/skidding feeling to it.

Is there any tips for this?

31. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hmmm -- well, my guess is that the feet are still doing their animation, but since the mummy doesn't move, they appear to be sliding.

You may need to modify the animations. I haven't been able to play with them yet, but I think Puppet3D and UMotion pro (I think there's a free community version of that), can do animation changes, and maybe you can get the feet to stop moving with those?

32. Zedad

Zedad

Hi,

I have a problem with using this asset in Unity 2018.4 : many scripts, materials, textures etc are missing !
    The first time I imported the asset almost every folder were empty !
    I did it again and now I can open the demo scene but, for instance, if I want to use the mummy in "Game Ready Files / Prefabs" only the "Mummy Demo" has materials, the others indicate missing material. Moreover, there is a missing script on the mummy.
    The "SFB Mummy Texture Creation" indicates missing Prefabs and missing scripts.
    So I can't tell exactly what is missing but it seems that many things are not here making this asset difficult to use while it seems great.
    Did the last update making every scripts become C# ones break the asset ?

33. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hi! Things should work fine. However, the "Texture Customization" Stuff requires 2017.4 or under, and the additional files from my site, www.InfinityPBR.com

The customization stuff is actually being removed, hopefully by the end of the year, in a huge update to all my packs at once. I'm currently setting all the packs up, and the plan is to update them all at once, in order to ensure that those who have multiple packs can sync appropriately -- otherwise Unity can sometimes overwrite new versions of scripts and other files with older versions if they're imported later.

When I get home tonight I'll move the Mummy to the next in the list, and see what I can see. The "Demo" prefab is the suggested prefab to use, however.

34. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

This file should update the prefabs for you: http://www.infinitypbr.com/MummyPrefabs.unitypackage

35. Zedad

Zedad

Thank you for your time.
    Sadly, the Mummy Demo Prefab still have a missing script on it.
    There is no sound associated to the animations (like in your demo video), is it because of this missing script ?

36. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Here are the scripts that should be attached:
    Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 8.28.10 AM.png

The "Demo Scripts" folder, which has the AudioManager should be in your project. If not, here's an export of them as of now (they may change over time...but import at the least the AudioManager.cs script)

If that is the missing script, then it should populate when you bring in the script -- it should have been part of the Asset Store download, though.

37. Zedad

Zedad

Thank you, I really appreciate your help.
    But... the script "SFB_Mummy Demo" is still missing, I have the two others.

BUT don't worry, with your previous export the sounds were finally here and that's enough for me.
    Don't feel forced to correct the asset for me right now as you fixed my main problems.

Thanks again.

38. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Ok -- do let me know if you need that. Not sure why it's missing, that seems really odd. The new updates for all my packs, I hope to get those done before the new year, so be sure to watch for that.