Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Infinity Series] Medieval Weapons & Armor PBR Packs - Mesh Morphing, Customizable + Concept Art

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by infinitypbr, Aug 25, 2015.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Photoshop would be my guess. You could take screenshots of the objects in Unity, on maybe a flat background.

Take it into photoshop, and remove the background. Add in any designed background you'd like -- a gradient, a drawn fire thing, whatever works. (I'm not a graphic artist myself, so I have no idea how to design those things).

You could then add more layers to spice up the images even more. The end result should be icons that match the in-game models, but have whatever extra flair you'd like.

Alternatively, post on the Non Commercial Collaboration forum and see if anyone who is into that type of stuff would want to work with you on it.

2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

HUGE UPDATE
    Mesh Morphing is now available on almost ALL of the objects! This means you can change the physical shape of the weapons & armor. Save the results as prefabs, save preset files (Which can be loaded at run time) or export static meshes to be used in game, whichever you prefer!

As far as I know, not a single other weapon or armor asset on the store
    allows this kind of customization, and that's on top of the massive texture customization options!

Medieval Battle Sounds Library
    For about 12 more hours, it's 50% off if you buy from InfinityPBR.com -- as soon as the Asset Store approves the pack, I need to raise the price.
    While not part of this pack, the amazing add-on audio library we've just released will bring your games to life. These audio clips were recorded specifically for this pack, and are presented in a format that'll keep your game fresh, no matter how many hits your players get!

Each "sound", such as "Axe on Flesh" or "Shield on Wood", is made up of a 3 components, each with 5 variations. In total, a single sound could be any one of 125 variations, randomly chosen at run time. If you start mixing and matching, you could easily create tens of thousands of different sounds.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    Sovogal and JBR-games like this.
  3. RPowers

RPowers

Have you thought about adding a quiver to this pack? That would be cool. Just curious. Again, I really love your stuff!

While I'm here asking, any updates with a skeleton pack?
    Thanks.

infinitypbr likes this.
  4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

That would be cool -- I think it'd be better fit with an armor/clothing pack, though, to match the full wardrobe. It'd also need some animations to go along with it I'd think?

Skeleton is high on my personal list. It's just not yet been modeled.

5. darkl4805

darkl4805

Is there a way to mix and match the pommels, blades, shafts, etc of the weapons to make our own? I watched the tutorials and did not see that feature but thought I had read at one point that you could. Please let me know, thanks.

infinitypbr likes this.
  6. JBR-games

JBR-games

Not sure if you can switch parts but Now, almost all of the objects also feature Mesh Morphing.

infinitypbr likes this.
  7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

There used to be the ability to switch parts, but I never got any real positive feedback from that feature, and opted to go for mesh morphing instead, in the new update.

8. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

TeagansDad and JBR-games like this.
  9. Guirao

Guirao

I have an issue, I'm modifiying a sword with blendshapes but when I create the mesh (window -> sfbay-> create mesh) while selecting the object sword it creates only the pommel, there are parts missing in the prefab exportes.

10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Can you show a screenshot or video of the process? Is the top level object selected when you use "create mesh"? Which sword is it?

11. Guirao

Guirao

Nevermind, The mesh had actually 4 submeshes and one material, which wasn't renderering it...

I have a watermark on the textures however saying it's not a valid copy. I imported the asset from unity asset store directly on Unity on a empty project. :mad:

Attached Files:

12. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The watermark is there regardless -- it fills empty space that isn't visible on the objects themselves :)

13. SonGoku10c

SonGoku10c

Hi.
    Can we also use this Meshmorphing with other weapons, that are not part of this pack? And what must be done to make them work with it?

14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Only if you can edit the mesh in a modeling application. The way it works is with blend shapes -- basically the model file saves alternate shapes of the mesh, and when the shape is turned on 100%, then it's 100% visible. 50%, it's 50% of the way between the two.

If you could do that, and use the same naming convention as we use, then my blend shapes script would work, which makes it *much* easier to work with in the editor.

15. Bigpete591

Bigpete591

Are the particle effects not compatible with 2018 due to substances?

16. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Particle effects will be fine -- those are all just textures and the particle system.

17. Censureret

Censureret

Hello @infinity PBR i have a lot of trouble adding these meshes to my character. i was hoping you could put out a tutorial on how to add them to a mixamo character rig?

Currently when im trying they don't seem to connect to the body.

18. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

They are currently unrigged. I don't know how to add a rig to them ,but I believe assets like Puppet3D will do this. Once my half-orc characters are ready, and the three humanoids (Human, Elf, Half-Orc) have shared wardrobe, we'll be rigging this pack to their frames so that they can all share it as well. For now, as the description says, these should be considered props only.

Though, they *can* be rigged to any character, I just don't know how, personally.