Search Unity

[Infinity Series] Gargoyle Pack PBR - Music/SoundFX/Concept Art/Mesh Morphing/Texture Customization

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by infinitypbr, May 16, 2015.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Texture Customization | Mesh Morphing | Sound Effects | Concept Art | Re-Mixable Custom Music | Source Files

Part of PBR Monster Pack #3. Get Gargoyle Pack PBR and the following and save...
    Bone Dragon Pack PBR | Serpent Warrior Pack PBR | Weeper Pack PBR

Unity Asset Store - Preferred Method
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/top/assets/37416

InfinityPBR.com
    https://www.InfinityPBR.com/?pack=gargoyle

Download Mac Demo | Download Windows Demo
    Gargoyle Pack PBR is a muscular creature with a large wing span. Able to turn from stone or metal or marble into a flesh and blood-loving enemy or powerful player character. He features a ton of animations and the ability to create new animations using Animation Layers. Comes with magic spell particles.​

Texture Customization
    Take control of the models, and make them match your project. Use the included Substance Painter source files to create custom textures in minutes, exported to work with Unity using a single click. Works with HDRP and non-HDRP projects!

Of course if you don't have any interest in creating your own textures, I often ship my packs with multiple texture options that are ready to be used out of the box. If you sign up at InfinityPBR.com there may be more downloads availalbe for free.

Mesh Morphing
    Blend Shapes give you the power to change the physical mesh of the model, often creating characters that look very different from the default. Our editor script will expose specific Blend Shapes in the Inspector, with sliders to change the values. You can even code the changes. That means your players can customize the mesh of their character, or spawned enemies can be given random values so each is different from the next.

Sound Effects
    We include sound effects to go with the animations. These are created by sound designers specifically for Gargoyle Pack PBR, often using practical foley recordings. We often include variations, so each time the sound is triggered, a script will randomly choose one of the variations to play. And sometimes we include multiple layers of audio, so you can mix and match and create the right effect for your game.

The included script makes it easy to play clips & loops called via Aniamtion Events or other trigger methods. Options include multiple clips (randomly chosen), volume levels & modifications for volume by velocity, as well as the ability to play clips only some of the time. This way, for example, enemies can grunt during their idle loop, but only as often as you want them to.

Re-Mixable Custom Music
    A composer has creates original tracks to accompany these packs. Some tracks are more like Theme Music, while others are more Ambient, or anywhere in between. Music is always included in layers. Each stem, often a single instrument, can be used in the Unity Audio Mixer so you can create your own mixes. The Demo scene will include a selection of Snapshots ready to be used, as well as scripts showing how you can modify the sound during gameplay.

The music can now adapt to your game. Fade to another snapshot based on in-game variables such as Player Health, Time Remaining or whether the game is Paused or not. While a Composers Mix is always included if you do not want to mix your own tracks, we urge you to try it out. The power you have is insane.

This video showcases 20 second clips from each of the included game-ready mixes. You can create your own mixes quickly and easily, and export them into .wav files with a single click!

Concept Art
    You know what often separates the AAA studios from you? Their advertising channels are full of concept art, and yours isn't. As far as I know, there are no other Asset Store packages that include Concept Art. Using this, you can populate your website, Steam page, Facebook feed, Twitter, with compelling artwork to excite your fans before you have a game to show.

At least 3 images are provided in both PNG & Photoshop format. The Photoshop files are layered, so you can turn on/off body parts and armor whenever possible, or modify the color or look for some layers but not others. These images are ultra high resolution.

Animations
    Realistic animations are important. I don't know about you, but when I swing a bat real hard, my whole body moves. So if a character swings their sword, I think their whole body should move too. The world they live in may be fantasy, but we work to make sure that the perceived physics of the animations are realistic and highly detailed, including facial & wardrobe animation when possible.

• Air To Ground
    • Attack 1
    • Attack 2
    • Block Loop
    • Cast Loop
    • Death
    • Death Flying
    • Fly Idle
    • Fly to Fly Idle
    • Flying
    • Flying Attack 1
    • Flying Attack 2
    • Flying Cast
    • Got Hit
    • Ground To Air
    • Idle
    • Idle Break
    • Statue Post 1, 2 & 3
    • Walk

Source Files
    Substance Painter | Substance Designer
    Whenever possible, Substance Painter project files are included so those who know the program can drastically re-texture the models. In some cases, re-textureing may be more difficult due to limitations in Painter or because the original texture was not created in Painter.

All of our Customizable Textures are created in Substance Painter. If you'd like, you can go into the source file and learn how we did it, or tweak settings to better suit your needs.

Please note: Source Files do not give you license to share or sell the animations or textures you create. If you're a highly skilled artist and interesetd in sharing or selling your work to the InfinityPBR community as add-on packages, please contact me.

YouTube Videos

TUTORIAL: How to use Animation Layers to create new animations using the ones provided. Pretty cool stuff!

"Top Down" game demo. The goal is to show our assets working really well with other popular environment assets.

"3rd Person" game demo. The goal is to show our assets working really well with other popular environment assets.

This is the demo of the demo scene, showcasing the new sound effects

About Infinity PBR
    I made a 30+ hour RPG using all Asset Store artwork. Without the Asset Store, that would have been impossible, and I am forever grateful for the artists who published their work. But I wanted more. I wanted more than just a few texture types. I wanted audio specific to the animations -- and I wanted animations that were realistic. I wanted the ability to change the look of my creatures, and dress my characters in a variety of clothing. And I wanted all of that wardrobe to be itself customizable. I wanted high quality PBR mateirials.

Infinty PBR includes work from over a dozen artists, each specializing in their specific area.

My goal is to provide you with packages that are more than what you've ever been exposed to before. Concept Art to help you market your work, Mesh Morphing & Texture Customization to keep things exciting in your game while also helping differentiate your game from others who use the same Asset Store packs. Animations & Sound Effects that feel real and bring characters to life. Music that can be adapted to fit the mood of your game, your scene, and your players.

If you think what I'm doing is valuable, I urge you to subscribe to all of my work. You can sign up at InfinityPBR.com, and you can choose to get all new characters for just $30, the day they're released. You get a huge discount, often over 50%, and I get a budget to work with. If enough of you sign up, I'll not only be able to continue making more character & environment packs, but I'll be able to contract with more high quality artists to produce everything faster, add more animations, more wardrobe and all that. Thank you for your support!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    SecretStudio likes this.
  2. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Looks great :)

infinitypbr likes this.
  3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks! I'm hopeful that people who buy it may decided to post screenshots of the looks they end up creating. It's crazy how many really distinct looks you can get out of it.

4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Some people have been saying that they don't think the Gargoyle will match with other assets they're already using from the asset store. I would disagree, and say they look great with many other assets! But, to show what it may look like, I'm working on a quick "Demo Game" highlighting the Gargoyle inside the new "Top Down Cave" scene, which is sure to be popular. The first WIP video of this demo game is below.

5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Here's a 2nd WIP video for the "Demo Game". There's still a bug, it looks like, where the emissive value of the gargoyle statue cracks can't go beyond "1", and don't get animated. Hopefully that'll get fixed soon!

In this video, you can see the gargoyle start out as a statue, and then turn into a playable character. I also switch between three of the looks I quickly made using the procedural system we've built. A bunch of the animations are featured as well.

6. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

And one more WIP! Be sure to check it out in 1080 HD!

7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

New 3rd Person Game Demo!
    Check out the Gargoyle page http://www.InfinityPBR.com/gargoyle for a simple 3rd Person Game Demo.

I wanted to show how well the Gargoyle blends in with some of the most popular environment assets in the Asset Store. Check it out -- it's pretty neat. The image above is from the game itself.

8. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Coming Soon: Three more animations!

* Walk Backward
    * Fly Backward
    * Got Hit Flying

9. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

New Video!

Tutorial video on how to use Animation Layers to extend the range of animations we provide, also to do things like keep the Gargoyle moving forward during attacks etc.

10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update Submitted Today!
    The latest update includes THREE New Animations: Walk Backward, Fly Backward & Got Hit Flying. It also includes MAGIC. Two particles are included, one for the "warm up", and one for the looping magic beam. Scripting is included so you can see how we do it in the demo scene. New demo will be up shortly with the new animations & particles.

11. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

New version with new animations and the particles is live!

12. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Because no one likes to buy something full price only to find out it's on sale a couple days after....
    24 Hour Sale on Monday, September 7th!
    I just found out via email that Gargoyle has been chosen to be included in the 24 hour sale on the 7th of September, a week from today. Tell one, tell all! It'll be 50% off for that one day only.

Monday is a holiday in the U.S. so don't forget to do a LITTLE work that day and check out the sale :)

13. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Just submitted a pretty big update to the Asset Store, and asked them if they could fast track the approval (Which usually takes about 1-2 weeks) in preparation for the sale on Monday!

14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

v41 UPDATES:
    * Re-organized directory in project to better fit our other packages, and to avoid conflicts.
    * Updated the procedural material. It's faster now, and more concise than before, with more options.
    * Added a better "Base Material" creator.
    * Includes two Run Time materials: "Directional Blood" and "Texture Blending"
    * Added tool to automatically save customized textures into a new Standard Shader material, allowing for quick creation of many looks.
    * Replaced demo with a new animation-only demo which includes simple animation layer blending.

Should be released before Monday the 7th [24-Hour Sale Day]

John-G likes this.
  15. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

16. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

17. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

18. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The Gargoyle is being featured today in the 24-hour sale! Let me know if you have any questions about it or our other models!

19. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Only 11 hours left :D

20. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Only THREE hours left!!

21. Epilol

Epilol

Hello, I bought this asset yesterday (thanks to the discount).
    First of all I must say it's just impressive, it is even better than what I though :p

I'm having a problem tho.
    I tried to both test it in my game and in a new project and when I hit play and the gargoyle is in the scene it takes a lot to run a scene (like 2-3 minutes). If I remove the gargoyle everything is fine. This happens with any LOD version of the gargoyle
    What could it be? I'm running on a less than 2 years macbook pro.
    In the editor changing the values of the materials is pretty fast (it takes few seconds to update).

Thanks a lot :)

22. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Are you exporting the textures into a standard shader material? The main textures aren't meant for run time, since the underlying logic is quite huge. Even on my latest Mac book pro a build of the demo scene takes a bit to load.

After you like the look of the gargoyle, use the menu Windows/save textures (control-shift-t) to export the textures. It takes a little but, at one point you'll be prompted to choose a folder, choose the "EXPORT_HERE" folder (temp, will be deleted before the process is done). Shortly after, you'll see unity importing the new textures, and when it's done, you'll have a new folder in the procedural materials area with the exported textures and a standard shader material. Drag that into the gargoyle parts.

(You may need to click one of the parts and expand the material in the inspector, unity has a small bug where it won't finish processing the material until it gets expanded. And you may also need to manually replace the "metallic" map if the auto process puts the wrong one in. If the gargoyle appears super shiny, try manually dragging the "metallicRough ess" texture into the metallic field of the standard shader)

23. Epilol

Epilol

Thanks a lot :)

infinitypbr likes this.
  24. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Coming Soon: Downloadable Content for FREE & More!

You can now register any package of ours you get on our website. This is pretty cool, do you know why? Let me tell you! :)

CONTESTS
    Each month we are holding TWO contests. You get one entry into the "Registration Contest" each time you register an asset on our site. And if you leave a review of our asset on the asset store, you'll get an entry into the "Review Contest".

Each month two winners will be chosen at random and receive a free package of their choice from our library!

DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT
    We'll be adding downloadable content for registered users! Most often this will be pre-made materials & textures, but could include other add-ons as well.

NOTIFICATIONS
    Opt-in to receive email notifications when we release new packages, or when one of your registered packages gets a major update. Never miss fixes and additions!

WHERE DO I SIGN UP?
    You can sign up and check it out here: http://www.infinitypbr.com/login.php

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

Nice, do i use the invoice for the registration ?

26. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yep, you sign up with an email and password (we encrypt the password before its sent to our database), and you've got to confirm the email address. Once logged in, you can put in the invoice id to register.

You may have to reload the page after that, I just built the site today, and I think I didn't auto reload the list of assets.

27. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great, i will register asap :)

infinitypbr likes this.
  28. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Whoops small bug wasn't registering packages under the right user ID. It's been fixed now! I 'm not sure which people registered what, so I just deleted the registrations, and you'll have to do it again. Sorry!

29. Puffy-Games

Puffy-Games

I would like to have the Map with the Castle on your Homepage
    Is that possible?

30. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

That is the "Medieval" package from Manufactura4k. The only downside is that it's not currently PBR, so mixing PBR and non-PBR can often give very unappealing results.

31. Epilol

Epilol

I accidentaly deleted the receipt email from unity with the invoince number when I bought the asset, how can I register my product to the site?

32. Epilol

Epilol

And also another question, I save the material, but when I select the EXPORT_HERE folder it doesn't do anything (I waited like 1 hour). The folder is empty. Is it normal or what should I do? thanks :)

33. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

If you're using Unity 5.2.0-5.2.3 it's not going to work -- there's a bug in those versions. In 5.2.3+ the stuff we rely on was changed, and we're waiting for an update from another company to figure out how to fix our script. For now, just select the "Output all Bitmaps" option in the inspector, and choose the "Export Bitmaps" option from the gear menu in the top right of the inspector. It'll do the same thing as our script, but you'l just have to create an populate the material yourself.

I don't actually know -- I'll try to find out.

34. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

"When a customer is logged in to the Asset Store they can see all transactions when going to the "Credit Card/PayPal" or "Asset Store Credits" pages in the account drop down menu. The invoice number will be listed here."

35. Epilol

Epilol

I made it and I also updated my account and writed a review. Now I will try to fix the other problem.
    As always, thanks for the nice support :)

infinitypbr likes this.
  36. Epilol

Epilol

Uhm I still have the problem, I'm using unity 5.2.1f1
    This is what I'm doing right now:

- I Edit the SFB_Gargoyle_v41 material in the folder Procedural Materials
    - Once I'm done I checked the option under the procedural properties
    - I click on the gear icon and on Export Bitmaps. I select the EXPORT_HERE folder

The same happens, the editor keeps working but the material isn't exported.

37. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yep, as I said, 5.2.0 through 5.2.3 have a Unity bug that doesn't allow exporting of procedural materials. It's a Unity-wide thing, not limited to these assets.

If you can spare the disk space, since I always suggest you create your unique looks in a new project, I'd suggest using 5.1.1f1 to create your characters, and then import the finished textures/materials into whatever version you're building your game with. Everything will work in 5.2.1f1 (your version) except for the export function. Very annoying, I know.

Later versions than that will export fine, but our helper script won't. The fix to the bug seems to have changes other things inside Unity, so while I try to figure that out, the helper script won't actually export. You can do it manually though, in those later versions.

Again, though, it may be simplest to use the 5.1.1f1 version for texture creation.

Epilol likes this.
  38. Epilol

Epilol

thanks a lot I will do it :)

infinitypbr likes this.
  39. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Our "Auto Exporter" is a very helpful tool for exporting the textures you create. It automatically exports them and sets them into a new Standard Shader material.

However, Unity had a big bug in 5.2.0 that was fixed in 5.2.3f1. Any of those in between versions won't work at all -- nothing I can do about that since it's a Unity bug.

The fix, though, changed the behind-the-scenes code and me being not the best coder, needed help to fix it. It's bene fixed!

There's a new version that will only work in versions 5.2.3+ to go with the script that only works in versions before 5.2 (but NOT 5.2.0)

If you log in at www.InfinityPBR.com (no purchase required, just log in, if you want to use the script with Substance files that aren't ours ,go right ahead), you can download the new scripts. I suggest removing the version you're not using, so that the hot key works without issue (they're both set to the same hot key).

All of our packages will be updated in due time with it too.

Epilol likes this.
  40. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Gargoyle has been updated to be included in the Monster Pack #3!

Currently this package features the Gargoyle & the new Bone Dragon Pack PBR. It'll also feature our upcoming "Weeper" & "Serpent Warrior" characters. When new characters are added, the price will go up, but if you get it now, you'll get all updates for FREE.

If you already purchased Gargoyle Pack, you can upgrade to the Monster Pack 3 for just $20, even if you got Gargoyle on sale!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  41. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

UPDATE COMING SOON
    Blend Shapes allow for even more customization with 19 sliders to choose from. Create an army of different looking gargoyles, by hand or via script. Use the "Copy This To That" editor script to make texture customization simple, and export game-ready Standard Shader materials with a single click using the "Mass Exporter" editor script!

42. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

43. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

44. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Gargoyle Pack PBR now features Concept Art! Each image (3 of them) are ultra high resolution in layered photoshop and .png format. That means you can turn off the particles or adjust various parts without affecting the rest.

Use it on your website, on your steam page, or anywhere else that you need to advertise your games!

TeagansDad likes this.
  45. Aceego

Aceego

is there a input controller like the demo scenes inside the package? i can not find it...

infinitypbr likes this.
  46. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

This was never a demo scene included with the package, as it uses other assets from the store. It was made just to demo what the Gargoyle could look like in various environments.

The controller was beyond basic, literally just "If (Input.GetKeyDown("W")){DoSomething()}" etc.

47. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Gargoyle Pack PBR now features Music! The track "Gothic Village" is broken up into 28 individual layers, allowing you to create a ton of different mixes. It comes with the composers mix + 10 alternative mixes.

48. Velo222

Velo222

Hi. I'm currently using this package for the main character in one of my games, however the gaming world moves fast, and currently I'm finding 2048x2048 to be somewhat lackluster when it comes to the main characters of games at this point. So I was wondering if there was any chance you guys could add 4096 x 4096 textures to this package (for the gargoyles)?

Ideally, I'd like to have a gargoyle that is between 25K to 55K polygons, and with 4096 x 4096 or larger textures. That would be ideal, but I know that's sometimes not possible to achieve.

I just wanted to ask.

Thanks. And I do like the package and the gargoyle concept. Keep up the to good work, as I see the high-quality assets you guys are making.

infinitypbr likes this.
  49. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The gargoyle is actually 4k by default, but Unity caps .sbsar files at 2k. However, if you have substance painter, you can export any resolution there (4k currently the max due to the original file resolution) -- if you make a custom texture, that can export up to 16k :D

I've exported the 4k files for Unity here: http://www.InfinityPBR.com/files/4kGargoyle.zip

You can get the source files for Substance Painter at InfinityPBR.com -- just register the asset store purchase and you can download it.

Also, I'm about to update the Gargoyle with the sound effects! There's a bunch of kids running around right now so I can't make the video yet, but once I'm able to, I'll be making a video of the new demo with the sound effects, and uploading the update. You'll be able to get the new .unitypackage from my site too. If you register, and don't opt out, you'll get an email update when the files are available.

Velo222 likes this.
  50. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Gargoyle now has Sound Effects! Check them out in the latest demo video: