Search Unity

[Infinity Series] Dungeon+ Pack PBR

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by infinitypbr, Mar 10, 2016.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Register at http://www.InfinityPBR.com and get your first package for just $25!
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    LATEST UPDATE LIVE:
    * New "Sewer" Pieces
    * Upgraded Procedural Materials to my latest version

* "Copy This To That" editor script -- will allow you to take a palate of base textures and quickly copy any of them to all of the dungeon pieces at once.
    * "Mass Exporter" Editor script (see below) that'll let you export all the Procedural Materials into Standard Shader Materials at once.
    * Single "Exporter" script that lets you make smaller changes to a base material, and quickly, with one click, export new versions, all saved exactly where you want it. Will include a material set for game use if it's a final texture.
    * New "Base Material Generators"
    * Colliders on all prefabs.
    *** I can't stress how much of an amazing update this is. I'm busy making demo scenes and "Texture Customization" scenes. In the end you'll have a few pallet objects with up to 16 base materials each. Just type the material name you want to copy from, the section on the objects you want to copy to, click the button and they'll all be updated at once. Then click the "Mass Export" button, and when Unity is done processing, you'll have a 100% completely customized dungeon texture set. Hopefully I'll be done with the update in the next day or two.***

Here's the latest "Material Generator". While I'm calling it "Brick Wall" for now, it's really much much more. Literally -- and I'm not kidding -- it can be used to create millions of looks.

Dungeon+ Pack PBR
    Asset store link:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/?asac=RTFMd3rtQR#!/content/58250

http://www.InfinityPBR.com

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Last edited: May 11, 2016
    BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

2nd Work in Progress video

6. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Tutorial for how to export custom textures.

7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

8. John-G

John-G

Beautiful work.

TeagansDad and infinitypbr like this.
  9. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks!!

10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

11. PitHeimes

PitHeimes

Really great work :) Stunning.

12. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

13. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'll be submitting this to the store tomorrow I think. It'll start off at an insanely reduced price, so I can get feedback & reviews. I'll be looking to find out what objects you guys (specifically those who actually get it) want, and I'll focus on those for updates.

As I update, the price will go up, eventually to $99 (or more, but $99 is a decent stop).

The package will come with over 100 base materials, plus many more using material generators. Kind of insane. For those who like customization and building, holy crap you'll like this.

John-G, TeagansDad and montyfi like this.
  14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Package will ship with over 100 base materials, almost all of which can be modified, some can be modified drastically to make dozens of unique looks. These are all from Substance Share, included under their EULA and can be used in your commercial projects. The vast majority (with "SFB_" at the start of the name), I've modified, most to include more customization options, and some to clean up or improve on the original design.

BackwoodsGaming and TeagansDad like this.
  15. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

16. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Package has been submitted to the asset store for approval!

TeagansDad likes this.
  17. jbob007

jbob007

Is this going to be out soon?

infinitypbr likes this.
  18. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Soon, yes! There was some question of how best to package it all -- the file size is extremely high when all the demo files are included. Fortunately I live close to the San Francisco Unity office, where many of the asset store people work, so I was able to meet with them and we came to a consensus on how best to package it all together. Once I finish doing that, I'll resubmit to the store and it probably won't take long to get it approved.

TeagansDad likes this.
  19. jbob007

jbob007

Awesome, thanks!

infinitypbr likes this.
  20. PitHeimes

PitHeimes

Can't wait to get my hands on that with VTP :) Stunning work :)

Teila and infinitypbr like this.
  21. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

22. montyfi

montyfi

Looks pretty cool, I'll buy it soon.
    A little bit worried about your old unfinished packages, e.g. weapons pack and monsters pack #3, and now you have another one to finish...

23. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

:)

This one is planned to be like this though. I want feedback on what it needs, rather than relying on myself. Also much of the more simple stuff I've learned to do myself, which means a lot of updates can happen much much faster.

The bows and crossbow are finished for the weapons pack as of yesterday -- I just need to package it up.

The last creature for monster pack 1 is in the animation stage (actively being animated), the serpent warrior for pack 3 is as well (*testing new animator with this, so if things go well...), and the bomber bug for pack #2 is also being animated (* also testing another new animator).

[Edit, the Serpent Warrior animator has dropped out. On the plus side, the Bomber Bug animator sent a 1st sample and the animations are EXCELLENT, so that should be good, and maybe he'll be doing a lot more after this.]

The big bottleneck has been animation, and the human/dragon rider taking forever and just dragging on and on with small little annoying issues. Hopefully one or both of these new animators will work out so that can be erased.

The dungeon (I think), is priced appropriately for what it has in it, perhaps a bit low for what it has in it. I have a spiral stair set that's almost ready to add to it, and from there I'm hoping to get a lot of feedback from users as to what kind of pieces I should be focusing on.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
    TeagansDad and montyfi like this.
  24. montyfi

montyfi

Round rooms would be a nice addition to spiral stairs.
    And thanks for sharing your progress on other stuff!

EDIT: What is Monster pack #2 btw? I cannot find it in asset store.

infinitypbr likes this.
  25. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/infinity-series-monster-pack-2-flying-eye-slime.353636/

Monster Pack 2 starts w/ the Slime. The "Flying Eye" was being animated by the same animator who did the slime, but unfortunately he stopped responding a week after beginning that project, so it's not likely going to be finished by him, and I'll have to assign it to someone else.

Most likely the 2nd character for it will be the Bomber Bug: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/infinity-series-bomber-bug-pack-part-of-monster-pack-2.368283/

This is one of the characters being animated by a new animator. So if things work out, it'll be released and the Monster Pack #2 will be available. (There will be an upgrade price from Slime pack to Monster Pack 2, paying the difference, for anyone who already got the Slime).

And the 4th character will likely be the Mummy & Sarcophagus pack, although this isn't 100% set in stone. I like the packs to be somewhat similar, and the Mummy doesn't match Slime/Flying Eye/Bomber Bug so much. A "Gelatinous Cube" is on the pipeline for being modeled, so perhaps that'll be the 4th one instead.
    ____

Round rooms -- that's a great idea for sure!

montyfi likes this.
  26. iwhyte38

iwhyte38

Hello! I just got this package but i'm trying to find the 100+ base materials you said would be included. I also saw on the instruction guide that you said I may have to download them from somewhere else because they were too big for the asset store. Where can I get them? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I am relatively new to all this.
    Thanks!

27. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

No worries! http://www.infinityPBR.com

Click the top bar -- you'll have to register, since it costs me 12 cents / GB for bandwidth, so I don't want to make the link available to everyone. But once you're logged in, copy/paste the invoice number to register the package. You'll then see this in the list:
    Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 8.59.27 PM.png
    "dungeonPackSubstances1.zip" is what you're looking for :)

Let me know what you think of the package! I'm all for new ideas on what to add to it. If you do like it, a rating & review on the asset store page would be VERY helpful.

28. iwhyte38

iwhyte38

Thanks so much for the quick response! Found em haha. Also, in the tutorial video the SFB Base Materials folder has a bunch of base materials inside but mine only has the Material Generators file. Can I find those materials somewhere? Or are those all different materials you made from the base materials maybe? Ill be sure to rate when I've used it more!

29. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I think those are all in the downloads now? I'll double check.

The package was declined for a few reasons, one of which is that the size was too huge with the demo scene and all the substances and stuff, so the videos are all from the initial version I tried to get approved.

30. hopeful

hopeful

@sfbaystudios - Not sure if you are looking for synergy with other store plugins, but it seems like people could be using the materials and meshes you get with this PBR Dungeon kit along with a plugin called uConstruct, and this would enable players in a multiplayer environment to build their own dungeons at runtime.

It's an idea that I'm thinking about, anyway. ;)

BackwoodsGaming and montyfi like this.
  31. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks! I've not been exposed to this package before, but I'll check it out. Looks like (just from reading the top description) a user would place these "Sockets" etc on smaller prefabs, and the system would take it from there?

32. hopeful

hopeful

I think so, but you could probably use the free version to see more precisely what's involved.

33. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Oh cool I didn't even see a free version. I'll check it out for sure!

34. rjswmtk

rjswmtk

Monster, human beings, weapons, weapons, scheduled to be purchasing dungeon.
    When is your map released fantasy environment?

Last edited: May 9, 2016
    infinitypbr likes this.
  35. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'm not sure what you're asking, in your question for "fantasy environment"?

Once I get the Dungeon+ pack more fleshed out with a lot more smaller pieces and larger geometry that you guys ask for, I plan on doing an outdoor set -- so outdoor town/castle/tower environments, in a similar setup to the Dungeon+.

The pieces should be workable with the Dungeon+, so that your game can be 1:1 size -- characters could go into a building and the size inside is the same as outside etc. Although you could easily design it so that a house is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside, if that's what your game prefers.

36. rjswmtk

rjswmtk

outdoor set
    I am planning a fantasy game in assets that you have made.
    When released, the outdoor set?

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  37. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I don't have any idea. Some things I plan take less time than I expect, most things take more time than I expect. So I'd say don't count on me coming out with anything, just in case it takes too long.

38. Smokas

Smokas

Will it work with Unity 5.4?

39. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I don't see why not -- it actually should work much better on 5.4, in theory. The Substance (what I call "procedural materials") integration gets better and better with each major release. mostly just faster. That's why I'm moving all my stuff to 5.3.4 when I do updates, because it's just so much faster than earlier versions.

Also the new light mapping stuff should be great for it. (The "Live" light mapping)

I'll test it in the beta (which doesn't really mean much, since changes happen a lot in beta versions), but I can't think of any reason why it shouldn't work.

40. Smokas

Smokas

OK, bought asset, imported (took a while :) ) into Untity 5.4 - no problems. Impressive product.

infinitypbr likes this.
  41. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Awesome! Thanks! :D

42. TonyLi

TonyLi

I have absolutely no immediate need for this, but it looks so darn good that I had to buy it anyway at the discount price. :)

(Remember to add a link to your signature!)

infinitypbr, Smokas and hopeful like this.
  43. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

haha thanks! And done :D

44. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

45. ivendar

ivendar

Bought :) Not tested it yet but as I've not seen this in any of pictures or videos I'd like to request more stair options if there's some update maybe. I've only seen that basic stair part but I'm thinking about curved stairs and maybe also some stairway part for level change (of course this one could be done with what's there, maybe just some prefab to help the less skilled with snapping and the like ^^ ) Also once you create your other packs I hope this will work for seamless transitions. Other small requests, not sure if already in, as I've seen the valve but no lever I'd like to request two of those. One for the wall and one for the ground. Also some pipes and sewer like parts (grates and those parts where the water can flow) would be a great addition.

But what I'm really excited about is your planned outdoor sets. I'm eager especially about the castle/tower parts. Hope for quite some options there like gates and drawbridges. Now that'll be cool. Maybe even have some damaged version mixed in. Just some ideas. :)

46. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Oh I'm half way there :)

I do have a curved stair set I need to finish work on -- I think it's done but I need to make sure. It also has curved walls around it, so yo can do enclosed like inside a tower, or just by itself either magically floating or supported on curved blocks under it. Inner "pole" can be there or not, up to you. More stairs are definitely going to happen though.

There are already levers -- 4 total, including the valve. Both wall and floor.

I plan on making prefabs, and also having a place on http://www.infinitypbr.com where people can upload & download prefabs (which would only work if you have the package, of course -- only prefabs would be allowed in the package, no models or textures).

Pipes I tried to do but were a bit more tricky than I had wanted (unless they were just straight...which isn't what I wanted), so that's on the roadmap. There's a "sewer" set that isn't discussed yet, but I think it's part of the package. Basically "floor" pieces that have a small ditch in the middle, where the water would flow. Pieces to connect in any way you'd like. The outside edge could be flat, but it allows for a lip of a different material as well. I'll expand on this concept over time, I"m sure.

Thanks for the ideas!!

ivendar likes this.
  47. ivendar

ivendar

Great. Looking forward to see it. :) Oh yeah about the levers as said not yet tested just mentioned by pictures and video where I haven't noticed so good it's there. ^^

About sewers I think there should be some drainage floor parts, so you don't actually have to walk inside the muddy water. About grates I think it'll be cool to have them as separate part and wall, floor with openings. So you could actually have grates removed and climb or fall through.

Thank you :)

infinitypbr likes this.
  48. hopeful

hopeful

Architectural features to add might include domed ceilings and skylights.

infinitypbr likes this.
  49. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I need to re-do it, bu there is one small grate. However, using the "Generators" you can make a grate out of any flat wall. I should make a video tutorial showing it (I may have made one last summer, but I can't remember). basically there's a "Grate" feature, which is square holes in a flat surface. You assign your floor texture, then add an "overlay" of the grate texture. From there you can control how wide it is, as well as the placement on the floor (so you could have a grate going on the side of a floor, next to the wall, or in the middle). When used as "cutout", with the height map, it produced a very nice see-thru (for lighting too) depth look.

I had a nice ceiling/pillars thing, arched ceiling, but the guy who was modeling it got 99% done and then just stopped. The only thing he had to do was fix the UVs so that it would be seamless, but then he went MIA. :(

50. recon0303

recon0303

Nice work, I do my own 3d work for years so I have no need for this, but I wanted to comment on how well the work is.. Nice job.. My only suggestion is to show a dungeon that looks more realistic, so for some older ones, that look like it is dirty , spider webs , have broken bricks, laying on the ground with a holes ... Games that have those themes may be what they are looking for.. So maybe show this in yours video, everything looks to clean.. Which is great for those type of games.

Just a suggestion. Everything else looks really good. Great job!