Search Unity

Inactivity in the Commercial and Collaboration forums

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by JeremyGames, Apr 4, 2017.

1. JeremyGames

JeremyGames

We really need more active moderation in the Commercial and Collaboration forums, I've heard how long it takes to have your threads approved by moderation in those forums compared to all the other forums.
    The reason I bring this issue up is, I know how hard it is to find a team and how I know very few people I've met are able to do every aspect of game development.
    I believe with some more activity brought to these forums; it would make the community a place to find a team which will benefit a lot of people.

-I do not fully blame the moderators for this, as it was a never very active forum in the past few months/years as it is slowly getting more inactive.-

2. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

How long does it typically take to get your posts approved?
    Also, if you haven't yet, maybe check out Unity Connect?

3. JeremyGames

JeremyGames

I've forgotten when I submitted my post, but it seems as if it has just been deleted with no notification seeming as new threads were accepted yesterday and a link I had to my thread to see if it has approved just returns me with an error.
    But thank you for notifying me of Unity connect, Seems like a great place and it is exactly what I needed!

4. JeremyGames

JeremyGames

**When in calls with people in unity discord chats I brought up the topic and some of them were saying it took a few weeks to get their threads accepted although they never showed me this so I'm unable to Authenticate what they said, but it seems as if the forums are near dead and I would easily believe that it would fall on inactivity on both ends. (In My Opinion.) But this may be as Unity Connect seems to be a much better place to carry out hiring for your teams.

5. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

Yeah, I think Unity Connect is suppose to help out in this area, as using a forum may not be ideal for this purpose.

6. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

No, I've never seen any Collaboration posts remain in moderation for more than a few days at most. Commercial topics don't go into the moderation queue. I'm not in charge of Collaboration, however I've seen that one common problem is that while the guidelines for posting are clear, many people ignore them anyway for whatever reason, thus resulting in the post not being approved.

Far from dead considering the number of topics posted. Replies on the forums are disabled intentionally; instead you use another method such as PM to contact the topic starter. The simple reality is that it's rare for collaboration teams to succeed. You will have far better luck if you pay.

--Eric