Search Unity

Improve your Unity game by adding x86 support. Win Stuff.

Discussion in 'Android' started by Aurore, Dec 10, 2014.

1. dvirus1023

dvirus1023

I am also looking forward to what prize I won. I guess we cannot complain about shipping times on a free prize.. :)

2. adrianit0

adrianit0

Where are my prize?? TwT
    Someone has received it?

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  3. goat

goat

Don't worry, consider it like those prizes you send for on children's cereal: 6 - 8 weeks. It is just now 8 weeks since notice was sent out.

adrianit0 likes this.
  4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Yes lets all complain because we didn't get free stuff for clicking something and adding some text.

5. goat

goat

Very good Hippo, you are a Moderator? I've never seen a moderator spend so much time insulting forum members and potential customers of your products as the time you spend in these forums. To say nothing of Unity apparently condoning such insulting behavior. My, and you volunteer to do it, how civic minded of you. We enjoy the moderating effect your civil behavior has in the community.

Maybe Intel and Unity will send you all our prizes for having their back.

It is quite reasonable to inquire every 3 or 4 weeks as the the status of a prize with others known to have been awarded prizes that we were told to be shipped in 10 days. Now more than 2 months later the prizes haven't arrived and that makes it even more reasonable to inquire here about the status from others awarded prizes. It is possible the prizes were stolen from the post. It is unreasonable and insulting for one such as yourself to suggest that our inquiries are complaints and that we didn't deserve the prizes.

You on the other hand, what business have you to post in this thread? Have you closed this thread for violation of forum rules or uncivil behavior? For the posters posting inappropriately in threads not related to the discussion at hand? So what is your business in this thread other than to unnecessarily insult us? Is that what you think moderation is? Well, have I got news for you. No, that is not moderation.

And Unity, I don't know what they could be thinking. Allowing a moderator that feels they must disassociate their business Simian Squared with what they post in the Unity forums as a moderator with the disclaimer 'This post is not representative of Simian Squared Ltd' but yet those posts are deemed representative of moderation on behalf of Unity Technologies? Moderation for Unity Technology?! Think twice.

As far as clicking a link and adding text, those actions didn't create any of the games submitted and the winners didn't award themselves any of the prizes or make such promises to the participants. It was Intel and Unity that collaborated in that endeavor.

As far as the Unity Technology software, you, Hippo, have spent so much time complaining about in the forums and have taken pride in complaining about that software, often in very insulting language, because you say it shows you are not beholden to Unity Technology. You're not? You and Unity Technology need go back and review what moderation and civil behavior are all about. Moderation is not about insulting others in some bizarre abuse of the innocent.

adrianit0 likes this.
  6. adrianit0

adrianit0

Sorry for these inappropriate words, i only asked if someone has received him prize...

7. tom_hyperbees

tom_hyperbees

This is really strange, it's been over two months already and still nothing. I've emailed the contact guy from Intel but to no avail.
    Omnishambles :)

8. grosssmutttr

grosssmutttr

Still no prize received :-(

But I got a call of an intel employee who wants to sell something!

9. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

I want to see who won prizes? Where is the link?? Was this some publicity stunt?

10. adrianit0

adrianit0

I think that i wont go to receive the prize, because we haven't have notification from intel for two months ago...

11. russpuppy

russpuppy

They notified me a few months ago to tell me I won and I'm also trying to wait gratefully and patiently :)

About a week ago I emailed the person who originally notified me that I was a winner but I haven't heard back yet.

12. overweightcat

overweightcat

anyone got their prize delivered already ?

13. goat

goat

No, and I checked the date of the original and only email I was sent. I must say I'm surprised. Maybe they can't keep the promised prize HW in stock it's selling so fast or maybe Intel is waiting for the new Microsoft Surface 4 tablet with Intel Skylake to send us. Oh, nice ;-P

On a side note I hope Apple comes out with a Mac Mini 2015 with Skylake in October. It supports Direct3D 12 and OpenGL 4.4 and OpenCL 2.0. I suppose El Capitan supports those SW revisions as well.

I'll wait another month I suppose since someone in this thread has already written them once inquiring a month ago about this.

14. adrianit0

adrianit0

But is legal if they wont send us the prizes?
    Im not from USA, so that can be a impediment for the deliver :/

15. goat

goat

I am American and live in USA and haven't received prize so that is not the problem. I received a prize in the mail from Zurich, Switzerland in less than a week this week (not from Intel though). Normally it would be illegal to promise prizes and then not send them out, but there may be an escape clause if they have supply troubles or something. I think they may be having supply troubles for the prizes they promised as they must of promised many people, maybe even 50 or 100.

I will write them directly on August 13 as that is about 4 months or 18 weeks and maybe they know something better.

16. dvirus1023

dvirus1023

I just got a shipping confirmation for my prize. Seems like I won 480GB 730 series ssd. Well worth the wait. :)

goat likes this.
  17. adrianit0

adrianit0

I have received the ticket of confirmation of my prize ^^
    I have won a tablet :p

Thanks Intel and Unity :D

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    goat likes this.
  18. goat

goat

Myself as well. They must of had inventory problems. SSD memory and tablet prices have sunk drastically.

Thank you Intel and Unity.

19. wahyuway

wahyuway

I am one of the winner and got Solid State Drive (SSD) - no encryption * SSD - 730 Series 240GB * as the prize.

But i need to pay to DHL as their courier duty and taxes that cost me half of the prize. Since i really dont need that SSD i dont need to pay it.

Please tell me anyone also has to pay duty and taxes? I thought Intel has covered all including D&T. Or else Intel should declare it as a gift.

But anyway thanks Intel.

Nb: i am from Indonesia

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  20. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Maybe it help if you mention which countries are asking for such duty and taxes.

21. kscho

kscho

They asked me to pay the goods and services tax and handling charge for the SSD, which amounts to close to USD40 in Singapore.

What a half-hearted way to give prizes. As a result, I returned the prize to Intel. If they wanted us to pay for the taxes and handling, they should have at least had the courtesy to inform us first.

I'm even considering removing 'support x86' from my game description as a result of this embarassing incident.

Thanks, but no thanks, Intel.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    adrianit0, MrEsquire and OrangeSheep like this.
  22. adrianit0

adrianit0

Me too with the tablet.
    90€ of taxes in Spain, and i returned too the prize.

kscho likes this.
  23. tmakala

tmakala

Finland, no any charges. DHL asked order info for duties and taxes, which I provided (Intel mail attached) with links to the sweepstakes pages and explanation that it was a prize, not the purchase. I got a tablet (btw model is A1-840FHD), thank you Intel!

goat likes this.
  24. tossturtle

tossturtle

Hi all,

I'm at Intel working with the team facilitating the Intel x86 sweepstakes. We're so, so sorry for the delays and complications! We are currently working with DHL to make sure the duties are paid off and that the packages will be delivered soon.

Please message/conversation with me if you have any questions or concerns and I will update you with what's going on with your shipment. :)

kscho, goat and adrianit0 like this.
  25. tossturtle

tossturtle

We didn't intend for the taxes to be billed to you. I messaged you separately to get this cleared up so you get the prize without paying anything.

kscho and goat like this.
  26. goat

goat

Well, every prize contest I've ever heard of states contestants are responsible for taxes and customs and such. However in the US unless it's a really expensive prize you don't hear of it. I think unless the prize is $2000 or more the tax people generally don't worry with it. Technically, I am supposed to declare the prize at fair value on my income tax: about $150 or $75 resale value within the year on the 2nd hand market. However,with the standard deduction at $6500 I think unless you get big prizes worth thousands that can mess up the standard deduction people don't worry about it and then they often do turn down the prize(s) too because it is so much expensive work for typical American to itemize and they usually can't itemize (legally) enough to equal the standard deduction anyway. It's just not foreign countries. A prize is not considered a gift. So that is not Intel's fault.

Switzerland, when I lived there, once tried to make me pay an extremely expensive customs bill on a $100 framed photograph I bought on vacation in America more than twice what the picture cost. They just needed to be explained that it was a inexpensive photograph.

I got the Asus A1-840FHD 8" tablet and have used it every day. I like it so much I want a 10" Windows 10 tablet like it including the GPS. Some table SW does have problem with the HD screen resolution though and gets halted by Android. Actually, only one does so far that I regularly use, and that's Facebook about 3 or 4 times a week when a picture or video is popped-up to full screen.

My game runs good on it though I need to update with Unity 5 because there was some old bugs in Unity 4.6.x. Looks great too, I thought HD touch would be problem but it is not. The other game I play, Looney Tunes Dash, also runs good.

Thanks very much Intel and Asus and Unity. A top of the line prize. I can't wait to buy the new Mac Mini with SkyLake CPU and install dual boot Windows 10, maybe even tri-boot, with Linux, on it to start developing in Unity again! :) :) :)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  27. kscho

kscho

In singapore, only cash prizes are taxable. Item prizes are not taxable. We only have to pay duties if we purchased the items.

I've received my prize a few hours ago, and I thank Intel for honoring the prize.

goat likes this.
  28. kscho

kscho

It's an Acer, not Asus :)

goat likes this.
  29. goat

goat

I always get those two mixed up but now that you mentioned it my Asus EP121 overheated and the screen melted so that was $1200 down the drain, and that's why I'm waiting to buy a Mac Mini with I hope new Skylake CPU this October.

So correction: I'm really liking my Acer A1-840FHD. Thanks Acer.

kscho likes this.
  30. Holio

Holio

I won the 480 Gb SSD! Had to pay 108,26€ in customs fees to get this cleared..

21.07.2015 Got email from intel from the shipment.
    Didn't get any SMS or email from DHL.

27.7.2015 Called to DHL and the customs needed item cleared. After 10 days they would have returned shipment.
    I self cleared the customs for 108,26€. If DHL would done it there would have been extra fee.

5.8.2015 Got the tracking email from DHL... If I haven't called them the prize would have been returned..

http://ptt-studio.com/?p=2769

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    goat likes this.
  31. goat

goat

110 Euros? The SSD hardly costs more than twice that much. What country charges 50% taxes on a prize!? The other Finn said he got his without any taxes from DHL. They messed up on you. You should ask for a refund of the taxes from the Finn government.

32. kscho

kscho

Intel really screwed this up. In singapore, DHL would dispose of the shipment after 1 month. I was lucky to have solved the issue earlier.

adrianit0 likes this.
  33. adrianit0

adrianit0

I have just received the prize!!
    Thanks Intel and Unity ^^

kscho likes this.
  34. mbowen89

mbowen89

I won an Intel SSD as well... awesome! :)

35. russpuppy

russpuppy

I received a private message from @tossturtle to make sure I have received my shipment or shipment updates (I have not). But I'm getting no response after I messaged him back. I'm hoping that maybe by posting here he will notice :)

36. DavidErosa

DavidErosa

I haven't received any news about this since May, my first email got an answer in May and never got a response from my latest email in July :/

37. Holio

Holio

I got this message from Intel person regarding the customs fees three months ago:

Hi!
    Right now I’m working on getting you a reimbursement. We’re trying to figure out the best way to do that currently but I will be in contact with you soon.

Thanks for your patience,

xxxxxxxxx

Person has not contacted me after that even I have send email asking about the matter.
    And today I got this message from server:

Remote Server returned '550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.

38. HeadZerg

HeadZerg

I have the same situation. I was contacted by an intel person to collect shipping info, and in the beginning of August I was contacted by different intel person, who said "I’m coordinating some of the shipping for the Intel x86 sweepstakes. Since there are extra customs restrictions that we have to take into consideration, your package will be delayed more than the others. It should be on its way in a week or two." And now I can't write neither one of them, because mails get rejected by intel mail server. This is strange, because I ordered a lot of different stuff from ebay and never had any problems with customs.

39. kenli

kenli

I've similar problem with @Holio and @HeadZerg

Already request reimbursement for taxes and duties, Intel support already reply it, but still no updates until now.
    I've sent email to this 2 Intel person email
    lewis.farrall@intel.com
    katherine.lo@intel.com

Always give this error:
    Technical details of permanent failure:Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain intel.com by mga03.intel.com. [134.134.136.65].

The error that the other server returned was:
    550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.