Search Unity

Impossible top create folders or interact with any projects on High Sierra + ARKit

Discussion in 'macOS' started by eisdealer, Jun 12, 2017.

1. eisdealer

eisdealer

Hey, Community!

I have been updating to OSX 10.13 Beta (17A264c) to play with ARToolKit. And found the plugin here https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/arkit-support-for-ios-via-unity-arkit-plugin.474385/

I updated my OSX to all the latest SDKs for that and got ARKit running standalone.

Now back to Unity and actually doing cool stuff. When I import the unitypackage of the plugin i get nothing. Creating folders in any project creates them for a second and then they disappear. On disk, they exist but never in the project. Importing folders creates the top level one on disk but nothing else and the project stays empty. I do not get any error messages. Besides "Metal: Editor support disabled, skipping device initialization" and when I then -force-metal to get rid of it "GUI Window tried to begin rendering while something else had not finished rendering! Either you have a recursive OnGUI rendering, or the previous OnGUI did not clean up properly."

Creating new Scripts is not possible because of the error "Script ... Already exists in that path" no matter what name I use or what random string i try...

I have tried latest release and beta versions of unity, as well as strange VR builds ... NONE of them alleviate the issue. I am sure more people updated to the High Sierre upgrade? Anyone else suffering the Ghost in the Machine?

Thank you for any nudge in a direction.

Johannes

2. User340

User340

High Sierra is not required for ARKit. I would stick with Sierra.

3. dpentecost

dpentecost

If you reformatted your drive to APFS, search this forum for Mac OS +VR and you will find a workaround Unity build that might help.

4. dpentecost

dpentecost

5. ManjitSBedi

ManjitSBedi

Yup, I am using High Sierra beta 2 as I have a GPU enclosure & I upgraded the file system to the new file system (oops); it means Unity 5.6 & the Unity 2017 beta are no longer usable.

Someone did say that is should be possible to install Unity & projects on a new file partition using the older file system. I have yet to try that.