Search Unity

Importing Tilt Brush sketches into Unity

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Patrk, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Patrk

Patrk

Is there any way to import into unity tilt brush sketches?
    I have some nice shimmering/moving tilt sketches, and have exported them as video and .fbx files.

BUT the videos are 2D and lose all the 360 environment, and the .fbx files are just white 3D skeletons and lose all the materials and texture.

2. dpentecost

dpentecost

You may have solved this by now.

I had this problem. It seems that Unity does not find the Tilt Brush shaders at first. These are in the Tilt Brush Toolkit which you must have in your project. https://github.com/googlevr/tilt-brush-toolkit

Once you have that, open one of the Tilt Brush examples. Then close it and re-open your scene. It should find the shaders and the materials which are with the fbx that you exported from TB and imported into Unity.

3. Patrk

Patrk

Hi there thanks for answer, I had seen the tilt Brush toolkit but the install on it looked very comprehensive. I might take another look. P

4. Psilopat

Psilopat

To add on this topic, to install the sdk is pretty forward, you have to go on this link in the link mentioned by dpentecost :

Click here to download the latest version of the Tilt Brush Unity SDK

Then, you have to open the file while your project is opened in unity, accept all like a regular package, then there is sample provided, you can then use the folder like "untitled_0" in the export folder of TiltBrush and drag them in your solution and use them as regular model, textures and shader are linked too.

5. punktvr

punktvr

Hi I imported the Tiltbrush Unity SDK and it did not recognize my Tilbrush Models. I closed and reopened the Scene. What else can I do?

6. WonGeunJung

WonGeunJung

When I export files through unity the pictures are different.
    I wigglygraphite material's color are different.
    One is taken from Unity and The other is taken from TiltBrush.
    Is because of Lighting? or any reason?

Attached Files:

7. WonGeunJung

WonGeunJung

Hello I have a question. Why fbx file does not appear effect such as embers or smoke?
    .glb file appears smoke or ember effect. What is different between fbx and glb or usd file