Search Unity

Importing Assets - No textures

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by alexkaess, Jun 23, 2017.

1. alexkaess

alexkaess

I am trying to import a free asset into Unity that I downloaded from the web (available at https://www.cgtrader.com/items/696523/download-page). There are many file types available for this model (.stl, .3ds, .fbx, .obj, .mtl, .blend, .max). I have tried to import each of them into my Unity project as a new asset; however, I cannot get the imported asset to include textures. It simply imports a model of the car that is greyscale.

Can someone please provide step by step instructions to import this asset with the high fidelity exterior and interior textures?

Edit: It turns out that textures are not available for this model. Mod please delete this thread.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Why not just apply them in engine? Since you'll only be importing that model once.

3. alexkaess

alexkaess

Sorry, I am pretty new to Unity, and game development in general. What do you mean by apply them in engine? If you don't mind, I would really appreciate step-by-step instructions on which of the available files to use for this model, and how to import them into Unity with the textures applied - or as you suggest, apply the textures in engine.

4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Each model is different -
    Consider reading the documentation and watching the learning material - that is where you will find step by step instructions on how to do stuff.

5. DominoM

DominoM

Isn't the Texs.rar the textures?
    I've not downloaded it but I'd be getting that, the obj and mtl and using .mtl processor to help with the import if the poly count was more suitable. 800,000 vertices is a lot more than I'd want to use for a game car model. Unless I was planning on using it as the high detail model to bake textures for a reduced poly version I'd be looking for an alternative model more appropriate to Unity's max mesh size of 65535 vertices. So I wouldn't be importing it into Unity at all, but into my 3D modelling software to make a Unity ready version.

theANMATOR2b likes this.