Search Unity

Imported FBX model from Mixamo looks terrible in Unity

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by DroidifyDevs, Oct 22, 2016.

1. DroidifyDevs

DroidifyDevs

NOTE: I've determined the issue is with the materials imported. When I make my own material, the bugs go away. For example, here I made a standard material for the shirt:

So is there anything I can do to fix the imported materials?

-----Original post-----

Hello!

So I made a model in Adobe's Fuse. I loved how easy it was to make, I uploaded it to Mixamo, then downloaded it. I chose these settings when downloading:

So far seems good. This is how it looks on the website:

Also looks great. Now in Unity. On the right is a soldier model I imported from the Asset Store. It looks great, but mine doesn't.

Woah, what happened? Here's my import settings for the Mixamo model:

And ideas on what's wrong? If not, then anything I should try that could save my model? I've downloaded models from Mixamo before with no problems, but it's only the model I made in Fuse that looks bad. However, on the website it looks great so I'm confused.

Thanks for any ideas!

P.S. Changing "optimize mesh" in the settings makes no difference :(

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Show the shader in the importer with all the supporting textures in place. Does fuse export some opacity map in one of the alpha channels of the main maps?

3. DroidifyDevs

DroidifyDevs

As I said in the edit, I decided to go the easy way and just make some of my own materials. Either way I needed Mobile Diffuse shaders.

4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Sorry Droid - I read that and totally went on and read the original post. But you posted is there any way to fix the original materials in the edit - so I thought you were still trying to find a solution.
    Just to relate - I've encountered a couple characters from fuse/mixamo that have this odd (inverted normals due to texture) look to them. I'm sure (90ish%) its something with the transparency texture, although I've only been able to fix by changing the shader type in Unity - to a couple different ones or stripping out the transparency part of the texture, which really isn't helpful when it is needed.

DroidifyDevs likes this.
  5. saulth

saulth

6. Markzs17

Markzs17

Hey, there. Found this topic while searching and it hinted me to solve a similar problem.
    I was importing Characters from Mixamo for the first time and had this issue where the body was visually weird.
    Fixed it by setting imported materials Rendering Mode from Transparent to Opaque.

7. Only_One_

Only_One_

Mark, You made my day, wait night, but it was a big problem in my VR game when zombie doesn't have right imported body.
    It's exactly what I want to do.

Regards,

8. ZeroRaxo

ZeroRaxo

If you are talking about the wet looking, just reduce the smoothness in Materials

9. shobita

shobita

You are a total lifesaver

10. daghankaban

daghankaban

Nice one mate

mafole4x likes this.
  11. Sanjay112000

Sanjay112000

For anyone who still have doubt:

click on your model and go to body mesh

On the body mesh Click on Bodymat and change Rendering mode to opaque.Initially if you are not getting option to edit it out try to extract materials and textures from it

BrandyStarbrite and mafole4x like this.
  12. matt2357

matt2357

Thank you for posting this, it solved my problem!

13. Orionsyrus24

Orionsyrus24

Thanks a lot !