Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm. having trouble understanding how to use the bone weight tool in Voxel Importer.

Discussion in 'Animation' started by TokyoDan, Feb 22, 2017.

1. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

I am using Magicavoxel to create voxel characters. And Voxel Importer to rig and get my voxel characters ready for animation.

But trying to rig my model in Voxel Importer is difficult. The official tutorial for assigning bone weight is hard to understand and I can't figure out how to use that tool properly. The developer who made the tutorials doesn't talk. The tutorials are all silent.

Does anyone know how to use that bone weight tool? What do the colors represent?

2. RendCycle

RendCycle

I also don't understand it. VoxelImporter does not seem to have an official Forum thread here but he has one for his other asset Very Animation that can be found here. Were you able to learn how to use the bone weights already?

I'm actually looking for an animation tool and kinda afraid to get Very Animation since it seems to be not user friendly. It took me additional effort for trial and error to understand some of the features of VoxelImporter because it still has some major quirks unexplained by the developer. For example, the Rotation of imported objects from MagicaVoxel is still in reverse so this still has to manually be corrected. Aside from that, you have to understand the correct order when assigning Materials. While "Generate Lightmap UVs" is checked in the Inspector, the "Load From Voxel File" must be unchecked when finally clicking "Generate Lighting" in the Unity Lighting Tab else all your material assignments will disappear. This happened to me in Unity 2018.1.

3. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

4. RendCycle

RendCycle