Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

If a Collaborate project is up to date for all collaborators, shouldn't the behavior be the same?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by XT3RM1N8R, Mar 19, 2017.

1. XT3RM1N8R

XT3RM1N8R

• Description of your issue
      • The project that I am working on uses Unity Collaborate to sync changes across the team's devices. We have just run into an issue such that our projects are said to be up to date via Collaborate, but the behavior of our project differs slightly. When we try to run the current build of our project in the "Game" tab, a particular animation cannot be visibly seen after clicking a button that changes an animator variable such that a transition would occur to produce the animation on-screen. This issue is present for all but one of the team members; that one is myself.

It is my understanding that if the project is up to date for all collaborators, the behavior should be exactly the same when run in the "Game" tab. If there is a flaw in this understanding, then I would greatly appreciate a reference for more information on how this may be incorrect. If this understanding is accurate, then I would like to suggest that there may be an unknown bug or glitch of some sort at hand.
    • Unity version
      • 5.5.2f1
    • Is there an error message?
      • No error messages.
    • Did you submit a bug?
      • Not enough information known to justify a bug report at this point.

2. Kyuugatsu

Kyuugatsu

Unity Technologies

There can occasionally be an issue where files will not be checked for updates if Collab believes they are already up to date. There is not enough information to be able to tell whether the issue is on your side or on your teammate's side.

If everyone is up to date, I would see whether clicking "Restore" in the history window (for all teammates, since we don't know who's machine is in the error state) fixes your issue.

Note: Before using restore, it is highly advised to make a backup of the custom files you might have in your project folder that are not in collab (since collab only looks at the Assets folder).

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    XT3RM1N8R likes this.
  3. XT3RM1N8R

XT3RM1N8R

Hey, I appreciate the response and we'll try out that solution!

Gurg likes this.
  4. XT3RM1N8R

XT3RM1N8R

I tried that solution and it worked! The behavior seems to be consistent across all devices now. I appreciate the help! Now I need to figure out how to recreate the behavior that only my device had :/