Search Unity

Idea for project. Topic "Reverse".

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WhizBoy, Mar 21, 2017.

1. WhizBoy

WhizBoy

Hello there. I have this school project where I need to make something on unity based on one word. I got a word "Reverse" but I have absolutely no idea what to make. I hope this forum members could help me with some ideas. Any idea would be helpful. Thanks.

2. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

When you press the right arrow, your character moves left.
    When you shoot a weapon at someone, it heals them.
    You start super powerful and get weaker as the game goes on.
    You enter a different dimension and find these mystical "Shade" creatures killing all of the humans. They're led by the Shadowlord who looks suspiciously like you. You discover later on
    that the shades are really people, and what you think are people are just copies of the real people--so the shades you've been killing are the real people. And you kill the "real" you at the culmination of the game.

WhizBoy likes this.
  3. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

A racing game where you have to reverse trailers around a moderately complicated track.

4. LaneFox

LaneFox

A game where you start with a skill tree full of handicaps and each level you can remove one.

A game where shots to the feet do double damage and headshots heal them. Start dancing.

A game where you're a Fish trying to drown the fishermen for sport trophies.

5. frosted

frosted

In the spirit of ^^:
    "Deer Hunter" where you're a deer and you shoot at hunters

Ryiah likes this.
  6. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

A game where you can reverse time. And maybe even have those past tries effect your current attempt.

7. MV10

MV10

Eve of Destruction... based on the amazingly awesome demolition derby we go see most years about two hours south...

8. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

I think video games kind of spoiled me for demolition derbies. Sure, you get a car lighting on fire sometimes, or the guy who creams someone from across the arena, but outside of that everybody's in reverse going about 15 mph. I played Twisted Metal when I was young. That's what I think of when I think of car battles...

9. MV10

MV10

The Tour of Destruction guys go way beyond demolition derby. There's quite a bit of actual racing of these junker cars with all sorts of ridiculous rules. It's about as close to real-life video game nonsense that I've ever seen. For example, in one event they chain two cars together. The front one has steering and the engine but no brakes, the rear one only has brakes. Or the races where the driver is blindfolded and only gets shouted instructions from the passenger. Yeah...

EternalAmbiguity likes this.
  10. MV10

MV10

RavenOfCode likes this.
  11. Errorsatz

Errorsatz

A platformer where the running character is the enemy - you're playing as the obstacles, which mainly means deciding when to trigger traps/enemies, where to move platforms (within set positions), maybe having a limited number of shots of some non-location-specific hazard.

I feel like somebody may have made that game, it sounds vaguely familiar.

12. Murgilod

Murgilod

An RTS where you place set piece events and spawn locations to try and stop a single, highly powered unit that represents the player character in an FPS/TPS. You need to balance the level of difficulty carefully so that they don't get too bored or too frustrated, which causes them to quit the game.

angrypenguin likes this.
  13. Kaikaze

Kaikaze

I'll chip in with what seems like an obvious choice: Reversi. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reversi

The game itself is relatively simple and there are plenty of tutorials out there. Skip the AI and just make it a hot-seat multiplayer game (no networking or AI required).

14. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

A game where you do your own homework instead of asking people on the internet for ideas.

15. WhizBoy

WhizBoy

Nice one :D

16. WhizBoy

WhizBoy

Still havent decided. Any more ideas?

17. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Drive your car into the ocean.

18. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

We gave you plenty, if your going to make something that is even remotely decent your gonna need to be able to think for yourself. The ideas are there, it's your job to choose which aspects of them you want to keep and how you want to implement them. In the end your gonna need to think for yourself anyways, no one here is writing you a GDD on exactly how to make a "reverse" game. Why not try thinking for yourself now? :)