Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Solved] IAP problem with paid version of app

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by gegagome, Mar 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gegagome

gegagome

I have a project that has a freemium version and a paid version. In the past I would just unlink the freemium project and link the paid version to make an update.

With the recent version of IAP this same linking to the paid version brings a load of errors.

After unlinking from the freemium version:
    Things work as expected. App runs even though there isn't any project ID associated at this point. This is expected as far as I am concerned.

After linking to the paid version:
    This error shows:
    Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/script/PurchasingCheck.cs(3,0): error CS1029: #error: '"Unity IAP plugin is installed, but Unity IAP is not enabled. Please enable Unity IAP in the Services window."'

Again, this is the paid version so 'In-App Purchasing" is disabled. No need for it.

Commenting out line 2 in PurchasingCheck.cs brings a lot more errors, all related to IAPDemo.cs.

Any ideas?
    This is really annoying. You can't expect Unity users to remove all IAP files every time you switch to the full product and import them back when you work on the freemium version.

Thanks

2. gegagome

gegagome

I am using 5.5.2p2

When I was using 5.5.1p4 I didn't run into any issues switching from my freemium to my paid app and vice versa.

Thanks

3. blockimperium

blockimperium

I have been getting this error all day. I don't think it has anything to do with your project as I'm not switching between product versions. I think Unity Services in general are just broken. Collab isn't working either.

4. gegagome

gegagome

My issue is that Unity Services' IAP throws an error:
    Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/script/PurchasingCheck.cs(3,0): error CS1029: #error: '"Unity IAP plugin is installed, but Unity IAP is not enabled. Please enable Unity IAP in the Services window."'

Everytime I switch from the IAP version of the app to the paid version I get that error.

I tested on a fresh project using 5.5.2p2 and the results are the same as in my working project.

As mentioned above this wasn't an issue with 5.5.1p4.

5. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.