Search Unity

I need Advice...

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by CoolCosmos, Mar 21, 2017.

1. CoolCosmos

CoolCosmos

Hello guys,

I dream of a game to make which looks realistic. I have checked out videos on youtube and i noticed that most of them looks so unnatural. So i don't want to start making game when i see videos like that. I am here to just ask about whether we can have realistic graphics and other stuff. I mean is unity able to do realistic game?

I also need realistic water, snow, tree to have a good start. Can anyone suggest me about where i can find them. I just need realistic ones and looking good.

Sincerely.

2. Lost-in-the-Garden

Lost-in-the-Garden

Yes, you can make realistically looking games with unity, but this might be out of your reach if you are just a one person team and just starting to make games. Large, realistic looking, AAA titles often take hundreds of millions of USD to produce and also a couple hundred people working on it.

So yes, everything is possible, but it ain't gonna be easy. Unity is merely one of the tools you can use to achieve that.

CoolCosmos likes this.
  3. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

Unity is just a tool to display your contents and assets. I suggest to follow Photogrammetry topics and tutorials to create realistic assets like Battlefield 1 and star wars battlefront and use them in any game engine.

CoolCosmos likes this.
  4. tomer20072

tomer20072

Unity can absolutely be used to make a realistic game, but it largely depends on the quality of the 3D assets and the textures that you are going to use, so you really will need a budget for buying high quality PBR assets, and for making your own assets i recommend learning to use blender, which is a free 3d modelling software and substance painter, which is a high quality texturing tool.
    I don't agree with the comment that said that only big companies can develop a realistic looking AAA-feeling game, while that's true about some types of games, i firmly believe that with unity today even one person on his own who has the time and the money can create a highly realistic looking game and game environment, and it all depends on the game concept and on what actually needs to be in the game.
    The things you wanted are available on the asset store along with almost everything else you need to make your highly realistic game world.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    CoolCosmos and UnityLighting like this.
  5. CoolCosmos

CoolCosmos

Thanks guys for your precious replies :]