Search Unity

I cannot understand the unet pricing model

Discussion in 'UNet' started by AlexLi, Jul 27, 2017.

1. AlexLi

AlexLi

Hi everyone

I did some research on google, but i still cannot understand unet pricing to compare to their competitors , so that i can start learning in details( i dont want to rollout my game and get a surprise bill, and re-learn and re-work etc)

First of all, i dont want to host anything else on aws, so, lets talk about a simple totally hosted solution (i know there is NAT punch etc in asset store, but anyway, keep it simple first)

From the website
    https://unity3d.com/unity/features/multiplayer

It mentioned concurrent player, let say i am unity plus with 50 concurrent player

Q1. Does it means that, only 50 player can join the network game at the same time? (4 ppl a room means 12 room only with some quick math)

Q2. What will happen if we exceed this?the number 51 player get an error message or what?

On the same website , it says, press ready to release, and we will be billed by bandwidth

Q3. So what is it to do with the concurrent player count 50?

Q3A. Is it means that once i press ready to release, unlimit concurrent player, and no matter your unity account , i will get a bill with 0.49/GB?

Q3B. Or is it means that, my first 50 player still free to play, when number 51 player join game, only his bandwidth will be considered in the bill?

It sounds to me This is very unclear on the website compare to phxxxn :D

Any comments or suggestions or experiences will be helpful.

Best Regards
    Alex

2. TwoTen

TwoTen

Basically. CCU is how many players can be connected to the relay at the same time. However, once you go live with your project. You pay for the bandwidth you use and CCU is UNLIMITED.
    CCU limit is just there for dev testing so you don't have to pay for bandwidth while testing.

3. AlexLi

AlexLi

Ok i see
    Thanks for your answer

So in other words, just look at the bandwidth for a live game

Just curious, so there is no point for unity pro to get
    200ccu, since normally you will not get more than 50 dev/qa to test together, right ?
    :D

Anyway, thanks

4. TwoTen

TwoTen

I mean, if you have the need to have 200 people connected to the relay at the same time. Then Pro would be needed. But if not, then go with another licence. Get what fits you and your team / project