Search Unity

HybridOBBCollider crash issue in x64 standalone player

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by JonathanBolten, Jan 25, 2014.

1. JonathanBolten

JonathanBolten

I submitted a bug report to Unity for this, but going to also post information here for others, because my searches for this error on Google yielded no answers.

1) What happened
    Code (csharp):
    2. ========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================
    4. (0x000000014077B97C) c:\buildagent\work\3d1e9e6e6eefaa7f\sdks\opcode\src\opc_obbcollider.cpp (1857 + 0x51c): Opcode::HybridOBBCollider::Collide + 0x64c
    6. ========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========
    2) How can we reproduce it using the example you attached
    Build a Windows 64-bit standalone player. Run it. Wait a few seconds, the "Crash_Shape" will collide with "Other_Shape" (which is invisible) and it will crash.

Note: If you uncheck "Is Trigger" on the box collider attached to "Other_Shape" it no longer crashes.

If you don't build the standalone player with debug settings, the stack trace for this issue looks like:
    Code (csharp):
    2. (0x000000013FB9C91C) (HybridOBBCollider_Crash_Issue): (filename not available): NxCreateCoreSDK + 0xd390c
    Maybe someone can shed more light on exactly what is happening, but I've narrowed the problem down to a very basic example scene. There is something about certain convex mesh colliders interacting with triggers that is causing the 64-bit standalone player to crash. :(

Attached Files:

2. JonathanBolten

JonathanBolten

While trying to find a workaround today, I'm noticing the crash only happens on certain mesh collider shapes. A cube or sphere mesh shape is fine, but the shape I included in the example project is not. A pyramid shape is also causing the crash. This is all in addition to having one of the colliders be a trigger.

3. Games-Foundry

Games-Foundry

Are you a member of the beta forum? We have the same issue and raised Case 548399 back in June 2013, as did a few others. Unfortunately no one was able to provide a recreation project so I don't believe anything was ever done about it. I think there was some mention in the release notes about colliders in 64-bit builds, but we still get issues in 4.3.2, specifically NxCreateCoreSDK which we believe is a PhysX error.

Anyway, I've included a link to this thread in the beta forum thread in the hope that it helps the guys at UT.

4. JonathanBolten

JonathanBolten

Not a member of the Unity beta forum currently. Just ran into the crash myself a few days ago and was worried that I had done something wrong in my code, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Thanks for linking this over there... anything to get the problem to the right eyes. If anyone has any trouble reproducing it, let me know! :)

5. Tee_Pee

Tee_Pee

+1 to this, happens to me with a trigger mesh collider (quad). Making my collider convex seems to have solved it.

6. Games-Foundry

Games-Foundry

This appears to be fixed in 4.5 and 4.6 beta 1. Good job UT!

7. BigSeal

BigSeal

This happened to me too, except some features in my game depend on a triggered collider intersecting with mesh colliders. Luckily I was able to find this thread by searching for NxCreateCoreSDK + 0xd390c from my crash dump. All of my mesh colliders are set to convex, and disabling the triggered box collider that they're supposed to collide with makes the game not crash anymore. Will this fix be available soon? I don't have access to the beta versions.

*Still happens in 4.3.4f1, and only in the x64 player.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  8. makeshiftwings

makeshiftwings

Just wanted to say I also ran into this error, colliding with a ramp-shaped mesh collider, also 4.3.4 and only in the x64 player.

9. jordi_boni

jordi_boni

Fixed in Unity 4.5