Search Unity

HTP - 1024 : Himalayan Texture Pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jtok4j, Aug 21, 2017.

1. jtok4j

jtok4j

Announcing: Himalayan Texture Pack - 1024
    SampleShown.png JT Logo.png
    75 Seamless Textures from the Himalayan Mountains of Bhutan in Asia.

Categories:
    - Paper
    - Wood/Bamboo
    - Stone/Rock
    - Fur
    - Rope
    - Weaves/Fabric
    - Liquid/bubbles
    - Leaves
    - Carpet
    - Cement
    - Metal
    - Plant
    - Synthetic
    - Bubble Wrap

and MORE!

Size: 1024x1024 in PNG format.

Includes maps for each texture:
    - Normal
    - Occlusion
    - Specular
    - Diffuse
    - Displacement

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Nice.
    Did you go there and get these textures?
    And - where is the Yeti hair texture? ;)

3. jtok4j

jtok4j

Yeppers, I have lived in Bhutan for six years, and now back in Canada.

Unfortunately, the Yeti hair has escaped me, but HOWEVER I do have genuine Himalayan DOG hair in the texture pack. Ha!
    Thanks for your interest. I'm checking my mail for the good news from the Asset Store staff.

@theANMATOR2b I'm looking forward to Fantasy Tac#Tics Toe! Make sure to write out the full plan of the game, along with milestones, so you can track where you are, progress-wise, and set a date for release to aim for! Enjoy!

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  4. jtok4j

jtok4j

2 weeks and 6 days without hearing a peep from the AssetStore Approval Team. I await their email with great expectations!

5. jtok4j

jtok4j

preview.png Ouch... 3 weeks and 2 days after the initial submission.... I received the "declined" (Read: rejection notice) for my upcoming asset:
    Thanks very much for your submission to the Asset Store.

'HTP - 1024' has been declined.

We've reviewed the submission and consistent with the criteria considered in our approval process, we have chosen not to publish this asset. However, we greatly appreciate t he time and effort spent in preparing your submission.

I continue to be hopeful, and have penned a short and sweet request for specifics: (which) "I can work on, to refine my next and in-coming submission to the Asset Store"

The waiting game for a reply continues... so far, I realize I've not provided a web demo in my details, and also have a fairly simple display to show the textures in their glory.
    I plan to host and post the web demo, including the link to it in my descriptive text for the Asset Store preview/submission process.
    My second thought is to create a house/building/yard scene, which uses each texture and shows how they look when applied to actual objects, (more than just on simple 3d geometric rotating shapes. )

I have also initiated a search for other online marketplaces to offer these textures to the world.

Anyone have thoughts or pointers on the above, whilst I await (and hope for) some helpful specifics?

6. jtok4j

jtok4j

3 Weeks, and 2 Days... No reply to my polite query for a little (even a smidgen) more details as to what needs to be improved on my Himalayan Texture Package to make it greater for sale in the Asset Store....

Time to open up a ticket and hope for a reply. Wish me luck!