Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

HTC Vive sending no signal on Scene change

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Chaosspirit, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Chaosspirit

Chaosspirit

Hello everybody,

I'm working on a VR network application using UNet. I'm using the LobbyManager prefab from the free Network Lobby asset in the asset store. When I create a local host the "Play Scene", as defined in the Lobby Manager inspector, is loaded and my player prefab is instantiated. My player prefab contains a deactived [CameraRig] prefab from the SteamVR plugin. The [CameraRig] is actived on a "OnStartLocalPlayer ()" call. The issue I'm facing is as follows:
    Sometimes nothing happens and I can happily look around my multiplayer scene. But some other times SteamVR stops tracking completely immediatly after changing from my Lobby to my Play Scene. On the SteamVR status window the lighthouse symbols become grey immediatly and the HMD symbol starts flashing green and turns grey with a green edge shortly after.

95240.png

I read that this kind of error is not induced by SteamVR but by Unity.exe. But I have no idea what is causing this random error. I hope some of you can point me into the right direction.

with kind regards
    Sebastian

2. FiveFingerStudios

FiveFingerStudios

Why are you deactivating the CameraRig? I keep it active the whole time during scene changes and have no issues.

3. Chaosspirit

Chaosspirit

@sbmhome
    I'm trying to create a multiplayer game. When joining a game via the LobbyManager one player gameobject is spawned for the local user. If I keep the camera rig active, Unity will throw errors about multiple audio listeners and won't know which camera is the right one, when there is more than one player online.

4. FiveFingerStudios

FiveFingerStudios

Do you have a camera rig in the lobby scene that you are using for testing? Or is it the other players camera rig?

I make neither are in the scene.