Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Hp notebook 15-f233wm

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rsoto31, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Rsoto31

Rsoto31

hi, i just recently buy a hp notebook 15-f233wm, 4g memory, 500gb hard disk. I just want to know if that's okay to run unity. I just download it and when I test my game , looks slow, react slow. I'm thinking of change it for another but with 8 gb memory and 1 tb hard disk.

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

You'd see more of an improvement from a faster processor and actual dedicated graphics. Fact is the Celeron is one of the weakest processor models that Intel manufactures. The Intel integrated graphics chipset built into it is just as bad.

That being said the actual system recommendations for Unity are very dependent on the game you're creating and you may find you're able to optimize the game to make up for the hardware to some degree. Without more details though the best I can do is provide general recommendations like these.

angrypenguin and Rsoto31 like this.
  3. Rsoto31

Rsoto31

Thanks for ur replay..I have 15 days to change it,... With Hp laptop do you recommend me. I just see when I put only a terrain and run on it, seems slow. I read that's I can forget it because when running on the platform that I like to build it , it suppose to run well. But I'm not sure is that true. I will like to know what go laptop it will be good to use it. Thanks in advance for your answer.

4. Ryiah

Ryiah

If you can afford the increased cost I recommend the following laptop. It has a strong processor (a Core i5), has memory that is more typical of modern laptops (8GB), and has actual dedicated graphics hardware (GTX 950M).

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/Laptops/hp-pavilion---15t-laptop-(touch-option-available)-t9y85av-1

That being said you might be able to get away with this other option. It has a processor that is only slightly weaker (an AMD A12), has the same amount of memory (8GB), but the graphics hardware is one third the performance of the laptop above and is integrated instead of dedicated (Radeon R7).

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/Laptops/hp-pavilion-laptop-(156)-v1m95av-1

Just for clarification: "integrated" means the graphics chipset is built into the processor and uses system memory whereas "dedicated" means the graphics has its own custom chip and uses specialized graphics memory that is much faster than system memory.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  5. Rsoto31

Rsoto31

Thank u very much.. I will exchange mine and look for those. Thank u for your time and advise.

angrypenguin likes this.